I guess DK is running a couple of different contests for UEFA NL action on Sunday which is cool but my guys, why not just make one super contest? Because the same 100 people fill these? Oh, gotcha. Let’s finish on top of the usual folks and the newby players who are looking for action before the NFL kicks off.
We have three 12pm games kicking off across 2 groups in League A. As we mentioned yesterday, these are the best of the best in Europe so we have nothing but talent on the field. Picking your spots is the key.
To the desert…
- Norway -125 | 2,2.5 (-120o/EVENu)
- Romania +350
- DRAW +255
- England +155 | 2.5 (-105o/-115u)
- Belgium +170
- DRAW +240
- Croatia -120 | 2,2.5 (-115o/-105u)
- Sweden +335
- DRAW +240
You look through this Romanian team and see some big names in the world of football. Hagi. Puscas. Yeah, they aren’t THOSE guys but Romania does have a tad more talent than most give them credit for and they sit top of Group 1 in League B. As they chase promotion, a win over the dangerous Norway would likely seal their fate and send them up to League A.
For Norway, it’s simply putting all of the brilliant individual pieces together to form the puzzle. They are going to be so good and have some shades of a Belgium from 4-5 years ago. They have players who are playing on the biggest stage now but won’t hit their peak for a bit.
I’m throwing the loss to Serbia out the window and looking for big things here from Norway. In saying that, I have both teams scoring and a draw wouldn’t’ shock me.
WHAT A BATTLE THIS IS. The top 2 teams in Group 2 and maybe 2 of the top teams in the whole competition. Belgium is loved by those who are making the Fifa rankings and come in at the top of the heap. That’s fair considering all of their recent success. They are certainly in the midst of a golden generation of talent that’s come through. For such a small nation, they’ve produced the likes of Kevin de Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku, Dries Mertens and Eden Hazard. None played the friendly with Ivory Coast. Hazard hasn’t played for Real Madrid and likely misses out. Mertens is still waiting on COVID clearance. There are so many questions around this Belgian side but the fact remains, they are uber talented.
For England they should have a relatively full look at the squad. Sterling obviously isn’t with the team but Sancho is back and Grealish was impressive in the match this week. Calvert-Lewin literally can’t stop scoring. You know me and hot forwards. What happens at the back 5 (D + GK) is of most interest to me. That is the bugaboo for this English side. Conor Coady scored against Wales and led a steady line. Harry Maguire has been pure dog shit of late for Man United and Eric Dier is a traffic cone. Does Coady keep his place? Probably not because managers are dumb but that doesn’t give us a pass.
The line and total tells us that Vegas is basically throwing their hands up and saying, you guys figure it out because we have no idea. I actually lean towards a Belgian win should Pickford and Maguire return to the side.
From a DK fantasy perspective, this isn’t exactly a smash spot for anyone except for a few spots that have presented value.
Svensson is suspended for Sweden and presents a big of a hole in that midfield. Seb Larsson simply won’t go away and will likely feature for the team from the jump. My interest is up front for this Swedish team. Isak is a true talent and has been tearing up La Liga for the better part of 12 months. They need help getting him some service but if they do, I’ll back the youngster to bag one. What we do know is that Sweden are pretty damn solid at the back so a blowout either way would surprise me.
For Croatia we’ll see some new faces but it’s a lot of the same. We know they are tenacious from front to back, play some beautiful football and can finish chances. Rebic does seem to make this team tick and give them the little extra grit in the attack but will miss this match. We might see Luka Modric back in the first 11 which certainly helps Croatia’s win equity.
Both teams have scored in the last 6 Croatian matches for what it’s worth. Against the class of the group both them and Sweden have really struggled. As a reminder, whoever finishes last gets relegated down to League B for the next NL. This is a big opportunity for one of these teams to grab crucial points and while Croatia have conceded 8 goals in 2 games, they have created and finished chances. Sweden has been shut out.
- Lukaku – BEL – $9.3k
- The guy can’t juggle 5 times but he can bag goals. I’m waiting for the CB pairing from ENG to finalize this position but I love his goal odds.
- Calvert-Lewin – ENG – $8.5k
- I honestly don’t want to game stack this one but DCL is in SUCH good form. This game could/should be a shootout as I don’t rate either defender/GK situations. Rostering both is a salary suck but provides good upside.
- Isak – SWE – $4.8k
- From a flat out talent perspective he’s up there with Haaland. He’s a step below but right there guys. It’s simply down to getting service and if he does he’ll make this price look silly. GPP only.
- Sancho – ENG – $6.9k
- Yo, this is too cheap. With Jadon I simply can’t rank him higher because he’s the ultimate hit or miss player who relies on his insane production with goals and assists. He’s not a huge peripheral guy so grab shares on a mis-priced player in GPP but I’m not sure I’ll get there in cash.
- Haaland – NOR – $10.5k
- Do you want KDB or Haaland? It’s tough to fit both. The pricing on this slate is tough so while I’ll certainly have The Kraken on at least 1 GPP team, it’s tough to back this Norway side and the second most expensive player on the slate.
- De Bruyne – BEL – $11k
- He’ll likely sit right underneath the dangerous Lukaku and especially if Maguire starts I’ll bag both for big days.
- Stanciu – ROM – $5.9k
- Shots. Crosses. Assists. Goals. He does a bit of everything and hits value every single time. I’ll have a ton.
- Olsson – SWE – $3.1k
- Could fill in at the midfield position as discussed above but he’s nothing more than a punt with a touch of upside. We will need value to force in a lot of our favored plays so he ranks fairly high on my pre-team news exposure.
- Perisic – CRO – $7.4k
- This guy doesn’t age. The price is a tad high but they are favorites and even with some new faces, the play runs through the wings.
- Kulusevski – SWE – $6.8k
- The hype around him is high and while we are really waiting for him to make an impact on the international stage, we have a chance to pair him with a cheap forward to smash open some GPPs.
- Hagi – ROM – $7.7k
- His game logs are sneaky bad but that’s ok. He’s a quality player and while the price tag is high, we’ll get him at less ownership than he should carry. This is one of the better spots he’ll see in this competition. Sure I wish he was $4.7k but let’s play the hand dealt.
- Lustig – SWE – $5k
- A touch too expensive to call him a plug and play. The matchup isn’t exactly ideal but when he’s in they are steady and he performs. I do back him to pay off this price.
- Jedvaj – CRO – $3.9k
- To be honest, I hate the pricing for defender on this slate so I’ll take a player with maybe a slightly lower ceiling but a very low price as my second cash defender. There surely is a touch of CS equity as well.
- Walker – ENG – $4.3k
- Obviously I’d love to play anyone else but he’s projected at RB in a system that features the wing backs. It’s hard to ignore.
- Aleesami – NOR – $4.7k
- Again, pricing sucks so we have to go with who has the best chance to produce points. He has big time FLOP potential but does put in some crosses and we know about Haaland’s finishing ability.
- Meunier – BEL – $5.3k
- In the scenario that Belgium beats England, he’ll certainly play a part. I say him but whoever lines up at this right wing back will have success. Trippier is likely to line up at LB for England and is not only right footed, but more of an attacker than defender.
- CRO GK
- ROM GK
- SWE GK
- ENG GK