Things change throughout the day! Make sure you tune in to the MLB Now Livestream (5pm EST!) or read Jesse’s MLB Summary for the most up-to-date analysis of the slate!
Pitchers I’ll be Rocking with Today
- Morton – Not many sexy arms on this slate, so Morton becomes the de facto #1. I am not going to pay up for pitching (as usual) but he provides the most upside for the price. I think there are some good mid-tier options, so that is where I will be living.
- Montas – The Rays are coming off a pretty embarrassing series vs the Yankees, and the Gods of Regression seem to be frowning upon them. The Rays strike out at a 24.4% clip and have really started to come back to earth after a scorching hot start. Montas has struck out 19 guys in his last 2 starts and should rack up another 7-10 Ks tonight….he is my favorite play on the slate.
- Bundy – Seattle has struck out 25% of the time this year and Bundy has turned the corner a bit. I can’t imagine many people will be on him, so his upside/price combo makes for a nice GPP play.
- Angels – I love this Angels team with all their guys back and a road matchup where we likely get a 9th inning at bat vs a gas can. Should lead to another 10-run night….my favorite stack on the day by far.
Others: MIN, MIL
- Philly – Fedde has had some home run issues of late and we know all about the Washington bullpen, so I think this goes WAY under the radar in 85 degree heat with 10 mph wind blowing out.
- Cinci – There is no doubt this stack comes in under 10% with there being a good deal of love for Nelson today. I, personally, have been targeting Jimmy every start and have been blessed with an 8-spot each time. Hopefully it holds true again today.
Calls of the Day
Stolen Base Target
Fade of the Day