What’s up Mafia, welcome to “The Early Bird”.
Today, this article will focus exclusively on FanDuel 4 GAME “Early Slate” starting at 4:05 PM EST.
UPDATES: Clarke (ARI) is from DC area so if you like the “friends in family” narrative. I could see Gurriel (TOR) going deep today. He’s been red hot. I am adding him and Matt Adams to Dong Detector. On DK side, Bieber is fine against the Tigers. I do like the Indians. I am a fan of JRam in Comerica, he has a great history there.
- Chris Sale v Baltimore: This O’s roster has a 51 K% against Sale with a .178 xwOBA. Trey Mancini has the best BVP against Sale, with a .364 BAA. After that Renato Nunez has the team high .317 ISO v LHPS. Sale’s 35% K rate and Baltimore’s .156 ISO against LHPs (which is inflated by Mancini and Nunez), makes Sale the top play on this small slate. Nothing is ever guaranteed in DFS, but this matchup today is as close as it can be.
- Stephen Strasburg v Arizona: Is there concern with the heat today in D.C.? It’s going to be 84 degrees. (Google it) The Dbacks took Max deep a few times and they have the ability again today with Strasburg. He is striking out LHHs more at 31%. David Peralta has the BVP with 1 homer and a .385 BAA. There’s upside and I think I prefer Sale based on matchup, but Strasburg should come in lower owned and have just as much upside to match Sale and save you salary.
- Framber Valdez v Toronto (Door #3): If you are looking to save salary to pay up, Valdez is your guy. The Jays lineup has a .117 ISO and a 23% K rate against LHP. Valdez was impressive against the Orioles last outing, topping 40 fantasy points with 7 strikeouts. Top bats for the Jays are Rowdy Tellez and Lourdes Gurriel, however they are the only 2 bats with a .200 plus ISO against LHPs.
- Bos-Bal: 87 DEGREES, WINDS 13 MPH OUT.
- Ari-Was: 86 DEGREES, WINDS 13 MPH OUT.
- BVP: Mookie Betts
- Ketal Marte
- Andrew Benintendi
- Alex Bregman
Super low owned
- Orioles (MAJOR Leverage in GPPs)
Player Pool (Value last)
C: Chirinos, Posey, Gomes
1B: Chavis, Belt, White
2B: Dozier, Holt, Mayfield
3B: Rendon, Devers, Nunez
SS: Bregman, Bogaerts, Marte
OF: HIGH $$$: Betts, JD, Yelich
OF: MID $$$: Soto, Benintendi, Peralta, Alvarez
OF: LOW $$$: Braun, Reddick, JBJ, Marisnick
Best of luck!