Alright, in this article I will be providing you with my favorite cash and my favorite GPP plays. Yes, you can use cash plays as GPP plays but if they are considered cash, it is because I believe they have limited upside to take down a big tournament for you. Last week was not a bad one but every week I am going to try and make my articles better and have them help everybody as much as possible. Let’s get to it!
Cash game player pool for this week: I love more of a balanced build for cash this week as you see below, just trying to get as much safety/upside as possible to hit the cash line.
Webb Simpson $10,500
- Webb has played here 4 times in the past 5 years and has never finished outside of the top 15, what is even crazier is he finished top 5, 3 of those times. Also, Webb smashes at all the comp courses. He is just about a lock for cash this week and I wouldn’t mind him in GPPs just due to him having upside here.
Kevin Kisner $8,900
- Now while I didn’t love him last week due to the course being longer, this week is way different and love Kis. He has said it in the past that he loves shorter course and that is exactly what this is. Kis has never missed a cut here in the last 5 times, two of those times he finished top 5. His ARG game isn’t the greatest, but I like this cash play quite a bit this week.
Maverick Mcnealy $8,300
- Mav has never played here but at the comp courses he does well, and he makes cuts at a higher clip then he misses, Mav when he makes the cut usually finishes good and at this price, he can help you cash. His stats beside on P4 from 400-450 are all good putting him 17th in my model.
Charles Howell III $8,000
- Yes, this is riskier for a cash play because we don’t know how he will come out not having played since November, but he plays good at this course and the comp courses, He is never one to pop off stats wise ever so that isn’t a big deal.
Chistiaan Bezuidenhout $7,800
- Mr. steady himself, He loves making cuts he is a fantastic putter and just scores well when making cuts. I would not put him in GPP because his upside is very limited and if he has a crazy week then so be it but great cash play.
Joel Dahmen $7,600
- Always love Mr. bucket hat when it comes to safety, does he miss cuts? Yes, but not very often.
Brendon Todd $7,500
- Great cash play this week I know he isn’t the safest play every tournament, but he fits here so well. Hits a bunch of fairways he is a great putter and great around the green.
Kramer Hickok (like more for GPP)
Gpp Player pool: I do not love the top end this week but a couple guys I can see being a direct leverage off Webb.
Sungjae IM $10,300
- Anytime you have Sungjae on Bermuda he is in play, plenty of upside and while he hasn’t don’t great at this course, he can win anywhere he plays.
Marc Leishman $10,000
- I would only play him in a contest like the main one on DraftKings, he has upside, but he is also very volatile.
Kevin Na $9,900
- As you see from last year when he won this exact tournament, he has all the upside in the world on shorter tracks, like this play quite a bit and might start my Gpp teams here.
Corey Connors $9,600
- Man, if Connors was good at all around the greens, he would be a lock for me but that’s why we are here he is not great around the greens. Super high upside play if he can do decent this week around the greens.
Billy Horschel $8,700
- Great on smaller courses and this is one of them, finished 7th here last year and plays well at the Wyndham which is a comp course for here.
Russell Henley $8,500
- Love love love this play for gpp this week, fantastic upside and has the capability to win at this course.
Seamus Power $8,100
- This is the type of play that will miss the cut or finish top 20 or something like that, He is a great player but consistent is not a word id use for him.
Abraham Ancer $9,700
- I don’t know how high owned he will be but if he’s low owned, I’m going to go heavy on this play, He sets up very well for this course.
Chris Kirk $7,900
- Great GPP play this week and the funny thing is he has played this course 5 times in the past 5 years missing 3 cuts and then wait for it… a top 10 and a 2nd place. Plenty of upside but not safe.
Denny Mccarthy $7,400
- I really like this play due to his around the green play and how good of a putter he is, when he gains strokes putting it is in bunches and will boost him up the leaderboard.
Emiliano Grillo $7,300
- Just take my money now because I have been screwed so many times by this dude, He has the skills. He has the upside, but his problem is he loves to go out day one and look like he is going to win the tournament and then Friday he just collapses and misses the cut. I am going to take a shot but if you don’t love a sweat don’t touch him.
Zach Johnson $7,200
- Dude is just a grinder who plays well at shorter courses, has finished 6th here before and plays good at the RSM and Wyndham which are both comp courses.
Hudson Swafford $6,800
- Going to be a low owned play for GPP this week and plays decent here his iron play is good for the most part and not a bad play down here.
Kyle Stanley $6,700
- This guy will drive you absolutely nuts with his game play, A couple times this year you will see his salary up to a point you do not like but he does have upside and I’ve won money on him before. If he brings his A game this will be the best value on the board. He can also finish dead last.
Kramer Hickok $6,700
- High up in my model but I’m not going all in on this type of guy. He can help you win a bunch of money don’t get me wrong. He has the talent but I’m not sure he is there yet.
Ryan Moore $6,500
- Man, what an awful year from my boy, I was playing him when he was finishing top 10 and all the good stuff, but last year was very very bad from him. I’m willing to take a shot on a 1% guy at this low price.
GPP Core for me: