This could potentially be the last non-Showdown DFS slate of the NHL season. Both Boston and San Jose will look to close out their respective series. If just one of these round two matchups end tonight, it’s one-game slates from here on out. Let’s go get that money…
BOSTON BRUINS @ COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS (7:05pm Faceoff)
Game Six (Boston leads 3-2)
Implied Odds: Columbus 53% | Total: 5.5
We have no idea what the Columbus lines will look like tonight. For most of Saturday’s game, it was Josh Anderson skating with Dubois and Panarin on the top line. I love the Blue Jackets top line no matter who is on the right wing, but they are probably my favorite line on the slate if it’s Anderson. These three skated together for a majority of the 2017-18 season, controlling 58.8% of the Corsi share. In nearly 50 minutes together in the 2018-19 regular season, the Jackets controlled 64.8% of attempts. Over the course of both seasons, the team piled up 74.3 attempts, 39.1 shots, 34.1 chances, and 12.6 high danger chances per 60 minutes with these three on the ice together. In what is a small sample (17 minutes), they have very similar numbers in these playoffs, as well – with an xGF/60 of 3.9.
Columbus still had no answer for Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak in game five. BOS1 controlled 73.3% of the Corsi share, while the Bruins put up an obscene 22 shot attempts, 14 shots, 8 chances and 3 goals in the 12:19 they skated at 5v5 together. I prefer CBJ1 slightly tonight, but I wouldn’t suggest completely fading BOS1 if you have more than one lineup – they seem almost unstoppable right now.
Coyle/Johansson/Heinen will again start out game six together, and they’ve been doing a great job of setting up scoring chances at even strength. Throughout these playoffs, the Bruins have generated 35.1 chances and 17.5 high danger chances per 60 minutes with BOS3 on the ice together. They have an xGF/60 of 3.2 thus far, and still pretty cheap – a nice option to pair with an expensive Avs top line, or even in a mega-stack with BOS1.
Favorite GPP Stacks: BOS1 – Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak; BOS3 – Coyle/Johansson/Heinen; CBJ1 – Dubois/Panarin/Anderson
Favorite Cash Options: C Sean Kuraly (BOS); W David Pastrnak (BOS); W Brad Marchand (BOS); W Jake DeBrusk (BOS); D Matt Grzelcyk (BOS); C Boone Jenner (CBJ); W Cam Atkinson (CBJ); W Josh Anderson (CBJ); D Seth Jones (CBJ); D David Savard (CBJ)
Favorite Goalies: Tuukka Rask (BOS); Sergei Bobrovsky (CBJ)
SAN JOSE SHARKS @ COLORADO AVALANCHE (10:05pm Faceoff)
Game Six (San Jose leads 3-2)
Implied Odds: Colorado 54% | Total: 5.5
The Avs will look to force game seven on home ice tonight. With the game in Denver, you can’t completely fade COL1 if multi-entering. I still like CBJ1 from an ownership perspective, but the Avs top line has an xGF/60 of 5.1 in this series – as they’re just piling up good scoring chances.
Compher/Soderberg/Nieto skated together for much of game five, and I’ll likely have some exposure to them if they start together tonight. I prefer BOS3 for a cheaper option, but I want a few different eggs in the basket in my BOS1 lineups – which I’ll need value for.
I’m excited to see Donskoi back in the lineup with Kane and Hertl, but this line was MUCH better on home ice throughout the season, and that hasn’t changed in the playoffs either – albeit it’s a small playoff sample.
There’s an outside chance that Joe Pavelski returns tonight. I wouldn’t count on it, but if you’re going to use SJ1 in lineups – I will have some exposure – be sure to have an escape plan if he does play, as you’ll need to come up with an extra $1,400 for Pavelski over Nyquist on DraftKings – $2,100 on Fanduel. That top line is the one I want, though, regardless of who skates with Couture and Meier.
Thornton/Labanc/Sorensen continue to put up a ton of shots on net, and they’re still really cheap – another option to pair with COL1 or BOS1 lineups.
Favorite GPP Stacks: SJ1 – Couture/Meier/Nyquist (Burns or Vlasic optional); SJ3 – Thornton/Sorensen/Labanc; COL1 – MacKinnon/Landeskog/Rantanen/Barrie or Zadorov; COL3 – Soderberg/Compher/Nieto
Favorite Cash Options: C Tomas Hertl (SJ); W Timo Meier (SJ); D Brent Burns (SJ); D Erik Karlsson (SJ); C Nathan MacKinnon (COL); W Gabriel Landeskog (COL); W Matt Nieto (COL); D Nikita Zadorov (COL)
Favorite Goalies: Martin Jones (SJ); Philipp Grubauer (COL)
1) BOS1 – Bergeron/Marchand/Pastrnak
2) COL1 – MacKinnon/Landeskog/Rantanen/Barrie or Zadorov
1) CBJ1 – Dubois/Panarin/Anderson
2) SJ1 – Couture/Meier/Nyquist (Burns or Vlasic optional)
1) BOS3 – Coyle/Johansson/Heinen
2) SJ3 – Thornton/Sorensen/Labanc
3) COL3 – Soderberg/Compher/Nieto
1) Nathan MacKinnon, COL (DK $7100 FD $8900)
2) Boone Jenner, CBJ (DK $4500 FD $4400)
3) Tomas Hertl, SJ (DK $6100 FD $7500)
4) Sean Kuraly, BOS (DK $3600 FD $3600)
1) David Pastrnak, BOS (DK $7000 FD $8600)
2) Brad Marchand, BOS (DK $6800 FD $7800)
3) Cam Atkinson, CBJ (DK $5500 FD $7200)
4) Jake DeBrusk, BOS (DK $5000 FD $5600)
5) Gabriel Landeskog, COL (DK $6300 $7100)
6) Timo Meier, SJ (DK $5200 FD $6200)
7) Matt Nieto, COL (DK $3100 FD $4000)
8) Josh Anderson, CBJ (DK $4500 FD $4600)
1) Brent Burns, SJ (DK $6400 FD $7400)
2) Seth Jones, CBJ (DK $5600 FD $6500)
3) David Savard, CBJ (DK $4000 FD $3900)
4) Erik Karlsson, SJ (DK $5900 FD $7200)
5) Nikita Zadorov, COL (DK $3000 FD $3500)
6) Matt Grzelcyk, BOS (DK $3300 FD $3800)
1) Philipp Grubauer, COL (Cash or GPP – DK $7400 FD $8100)
2) Sergei Bobrovsky, CBJ (Cash or GPP – DK $7600 FD $7700)
3) Tuukka Rask, BOS (Cash or GPP – DK $7700 FD $8800)
4) Martin Jones, SJ (GPP only – DK $7900 FD $8500)