Finally, a slate where you should fade James Harden! Just kidding. I just wanted to see if you were paying attention. Harden is just as much “in play” as he’s ever been, despite the threat of…
- Shabazz Napier (value)
- Jerryd Bayless (value)
- Elie Okobo (value)
- Mike Conley (GPP)
- Kemba Walker (GPP)
Honorable Mention: Jamal Murray, Dennis Smith Jr. in GPPs
- James Harden
- Justin Holiday (value)
- Evan Fournier
- D’Angelo Russell (GPP)
- Bradley Beal (GPP)
Honorable Mention: Andrew Wiggins, Devin Booker in GPPs
- Will Barton
- Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Gary Harris (cash/GPP)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.
- Otto Porter
Honorable Mention: Kawhi Leonard and Tobias Harris in GPPs
- Montrezl Harrell
- Noah Vonleh
- Aaron Gordon (GPP)
- Josh Jackson (value)
- Blake Griffin (GPP)
Honorable Mention: Bobby Portis and Jaren Jackson Jr. in GPPs
- Mason Plumlee (value)
- Karl-Anthony Towns
- Marc Gasol (GPP)
- Nikola Vucevic (GPP)
- Rudy Gobert (GPP)
Honorable Mention: Jarrett Allen in GPPs
Top Stud (over $8K on FD): James Harden (followed by Giannis Antetokounmpo and Karl-Anthony Towns)
Top Stud (over $8K on DK): James Harden (followed by Giannis Antetokounmpo and Karl-Anthony Towns)
Top Value (under $5K on FD): Mason Plumlee (followed by Shabazz Napier)
Top Value (under $5K on DK): Mason Plumlee (followed by Shabazz Napier)
Favorite GPP plays on Yahoo
Guard: Josh Richardson, Kris Dunn, Kelly Oubre Jr. (favorite GPP value plays are Tyler Johnson and Monte Morris)
Forward: Otto Porter, Lauri Markkanen, Will Barton (favorite GPP value plays are Justin Holiday and Will Barton)
Center: Marc Gasol, Hassan Whiteside, Andre Drummond (favorite GPP value plays are Kenneth Faried and Dragan Bender)
– Finally, a slate where you should fade James Harden! Just kidding. I just wanted to see if you were paying attention. Harden is just as much “in play” as he’s ever been, despite the threat of Chris Paul’s return to the lineup. I don’t expect that to happen today, so we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. For now, target Harden as you normally would and cross your fingers if you decide to fade him.
– One legitimate point of reasoning in the “fade James Harden” column is a tough matchup against the Toronto Raptors. Personally, I don’t think it matters, but if you want to pivot to other studs with high ceilings, you should consider Giannis Antetokounmpo and Karl-Anthony Towns as the “next in line” candidates.
– Starting your lineup with expensive shooting guards not named James Harden continues to be a viable option in tournaments. Don’t forget about D’Angelo Russell, Bradley Beal and Devin Booker when creating a GPP core tonight.
– A similar strategy is in play on DraftKings, especially when it comes to rostering more than one expensive center. Nikola Vucevic and Rudy Gobert are two of my personal favorites, so feel free to roster them with confidence if going with a multiple center GPP core.
– One thing to remember on busy slates like this one is the fact you don’t need to react to every piece of late-breaking news that is announced. Most of the time, unless it directly affects your lineup, the best strategy is to do nothing. This is when you sit back and let others fidget with their lineups and make mistakes. I know, it’s easier said than done, but you’ll thank me in the long run.