Avoid groupthink and build PGA DFS cash lineups with a different strategy in mind based on hours of @friedeggpaulie’s research and his deep knowledge of the players and professional golf!!
What can you expect from this article every week?
- I focus solely on DraftKings main slate as that is where most of the play resides and also where the biggest edge lies. I will be providing the top cash game plays by salary tier. You can mix and match these players to build your cash lineups.
Strategy for the Week for Cash:
With a field of 132 players:
- We can expect a medium to low 6/6 and potentially 5/6 percentages this week due to the fact that we don’t have a lot of top world talent playing in this event. As such, we want to position ourselves with a lineup that has upside and can cash if we only have 4/6 or 5/6 make the cut. The goal is not to finish 1st in cash games, but merely to give yourself the best chance to finish in the top half and double your money.
- LOCKS: D Johnson, C Davis
Let’s jump into the Cash Game Player Pool for this week:
- Dustin Johnson $11,500
- The best player in the field by a large margin and DK always has problems accurately pricing large favorites (7/1 to win and next best player is 18/1).
- This is his 1st event back after COVID but shouldn’t have any ill effects.
- Prior to his time off, he had 5 straight top 6 finishes
- 1st in birdies, 3rd approach, 4th in par 5 scoring, 5th off the tee, 7th driving distance, 9th in approach from 200+ yards
- Cameron Davis $8,100
- The light version of D Johnson: 3rd in birdies, 7th par 5 scoring, 10th driving distance, 10th in approach from 175-200 yards, 11th off the tee
- Remarkably consistent: Top 40 in 13 of last 18 events (missing only 4 cuts by a combined 5 shots)
- James Hahn $8,000
- Top 10 in each of his last 3 events
- Emiliano Grillo $7,900
- Made the cut in his last 9 events finishing 44th or better in all but 1
- 6th in approach, 7th in approach from 175-200 yards, 7th in approach from 200+ yards, 10th in par 5 scoring, 11th off the tee
- Denny McCarthy $7,900
- 3rd in putting, 6th in birdies, 6th in par 5 scoring
- 4th last week in Bermuda
- Harold Varner $7,800
- 6th around the green, 9th in birdies, above average in every other metric besides putting
- Erik Van Rooyen $7,700
- Elite driver of the ball who plays primarily on the European Tour
- 5th in approach from 200+ yards, 13th in birdies, 13th in par 5 scoring, 17th off the tee
- Wyndham Clark $7,700
- Lost last week in a playoff to Brian Gay
- 3rd in driving distance and 9th in par 5 scoring
- Sam Burns $7,500
- 1st in driving distance, 2nd off the tee, 14th in birdies, 15th in par 5 scoring
- Extreme putting splits on Bermuda grass going from above average to nearly the best in the field on Bermuda
- Made 9 of last 13 cuts but finished top 40 in all 9 events
- Kristoffer Ventura $7,300
- In 13 events since the restart has made 10 cuts (3 missed cuts by 4 shots total)
- 1st in par 5 scoring, 3rd in birdies, 4th in driving distance, 7th off the tee, 9th in approach
- Adam Schenk $7,100
- 11 straight cuts
- 29th overall rated player this week in my model as he is above average across the board