Today’s NHL GPP Breakdown goes over Friday’s two-game NHL slate that has a roster lock of 4:00 PM ET/1:00 PM PT.
You can keep an eye on late news by looking at our NHL beat writers lists on Twitter by clicking HERE.
Now let’s move on to the slate. We’re looking at just three games…here’s a brief overview of the schedule and win probabilities:
DraftKings: Nathan MacKinnon (Center), Alex Tuch (Winger), Tanner Pearson (Winger), and Alexander Edler (Defenseman)
FanDuel: Nathan MacKinnon (Center), Alex Tuch (Winger), Tanner Pearson (Winger), and Alexander Edler (Defenseman)
- Nathan MacKinnon, COL (DK: $8500 and FD: $8800)
- William Karlsson, VGK (DK: $5700 and FD: $5400)
- Nazem Kadri, COL (DK: $5200 and FD: $5900)
- Joe Pavelski, DAL (DK: $4800 and FD: $5300)
- Tyler Seguin, DAL (DK: $6100 and FD: $6800)
- Bo Horvat, VAN (DK: $6300 and FD: $6500)
- Alex Tuch, VGK (DK: $4900 and FD: $4400)
- Mikko Rantanen, COL (DK: $6800 and FD: $8000)
- Max Pacioretty, VGK (DK: $7000 and FD: $7700)
- Gabriel Landeskog, COL (DK: $5900 and FD: $6700)
- Tanner Pearson, VAN (DK: $4400 and FD: $4500)
- Denis Gurianov, DAL (DK: $4500 and FD: $5400)
- Shea Theodore, VGK (DK: $6400 and FD: $6500)
- Alexander Edler, VAN (DK: $5600 and FD: $4300)
- Nate Schmidt, VGK (DK: $4900 and FD: $4500)
- Miro Heiskanen, DAL (DK: $5300 and FD: $6000)
- Alec Martinez, VGK (DK: $4600 and FD: $5100)
- Esa Lindell, DAL (DK: $4200 and FD: $3800)
- Christopher Tanev, VAN (DK: $3900 and FD: $3700)
- Jamie Oleksiak, DAL (DK: $2800 and FD: $3700)
COL 1: Nathan MacKinnon, Gabriel Landeskog, Mikko Rantanen, Cale Makar
It’s game 7 baby! This is what we love as hockey fans. I’m expecting the team that played better throughout this series to come out on top and that’s Colorada. The Avalanche owned a higher CF%. xGF%, and logged more high danger scoring chances than Dallas. The main issue for Colorado has been goaltending but luckily we don’t need to worry about that when stacking their top line. MacKinnon and company own a 72.63 CF% and have logged 4 even-strength goals. I expect this line to be extremely busy tonight and to continue to have the success they’ve had throughout the series.
VGK 1: Mark Stone, William Karlsson, Max Pacioretty, Shea Theodore
I just don’t see Vegas losing tonight and I’m surprised this series has gone to 7 games so props to Vancouver. A big reason why is because of Vegas’ top line. This line owns a 63 CF% in 51 minutes of action this series to go along with 4 even strength goals. Stone and company have also been effective on the man advantage. Look for this line to see a ton of ice time tonight and you have to love that they’re the home team. These guys will see favorable matchups and plenty of opportunities to light the lamp.
VGK 3: Nicolas Roy, Alex Tuch, Nick Cousins, Nate Schmidt
If you’re a fan of Vegas’ top line’s numbers, then you’ll like the 3rd line as well. In 51 minutes this series, Tuch and company own a 62 CF% and have recorded 4 even-strength goals. These 2 lines have very similar numbers so you honestly can’t go wrong with the 3rd line either. Roy, Tuch, and Cousins have generated 13 high danger scoring chances and own a 58.97 offensive zone faceoff percentage.
DAL 3: Denis Gurianov, Mattias Janmark, Joe Pavelski, Miro Heiskanen
Colorado has done an excellent job controlling the puck this series. However, in 54 minutes of action, Pavelski, Janmark, and Gurianov own a 57.14 CF%. These gentlemen have logged 3 even strength while on the ice together and I see them continue to put pressure on Colorado this evening. Colorado’s goaltending has been an issue all series long and I don’t expect much to be different this evening.
- Robin Lehner, VGK (Unconfirmed)
- Pavel Francouz, COL (Unconfirmed)
- Anton Khudobin, DAL (Unconfirmed)
For more goalie plays and analysis – check out Ryan’s Goalie Model, which is updated daily.