Nick Rodriguez breaks down all of tonight’s top cash game plays and values for your DFS double-ups.
Elite Fantasy NHL Content Schedule (Main Slates Only)
- 2-3 games (Cheatsheet only)
- 4 games (Cheatsheet and GPP Article)
- 5+ games (Cheatsheet, Cash Game Breakdown, and GPP Article)
Please be sure to keep track of the LINES (who plays with who) and goalie confirmations (who are the starting goalies). Here are the resources I recommend to keep an eye on any developments:
This information comes straight from writers who follow each of the NHL teams closely. If anything important ever comes up, they are surely the first to know and will know earlier than any DFS or NHL website. Following this list will make it easier for you to keep an eye on all types of changes throughout the day (e.g. line changes, goalie confirmations, and late scratches).
If a goalie gets confirmed as the starter throughout the day, this is where you’ll want to go to make sure they are locked in.
This resource is very good to check on line combinations from the previous game and the projected lines for the next game. Be aware that lines may update as they come in, so if a team holds a morning skate, there’s a good chance that the lines that are updated from the morning skate are going to be used in that night’s game.
MAIN SLATE (10 GAMES – 7:00 PM ET/4:00 PM PT lock)
*Salaries in BLUE are better values on a specific site)
- Nathan MacKinnon, COL (DK: $8000; FD: $9000)
- Auston Matthews, TOR (DK: $7200; FD: $8300)
- John Tavares, TOR (DK: $7100; FD: $8100)
- Patrice Bergeron, BOS (DK: $7400; FD: $8000)
- Evgeni Malkin, PIT (DK: $6900; FD: $8700)
- Leon Draisaitl, EDM (DK: $7000; FD: $8800)
- Dylan Larkin, DET (DK: $6600; FD: $6200)
- Pierre-Luc Dubois, CBJ (DK: $5000; FD: $5000)
- Elias Pettersson, VAN (DK: $6200; FD: $7500)
- Nazem Kadri, COL (DK: $5200; FD: $5100)
- Nicklas Backstrom, WSH (DK: $6000; FD: $6700)
- Kevin Hayes, PHI (DK: $4100; FD: $5700)
- Max Domi, MTL (DK: $4000; FD: $5700)
- Jared McCann, PIT (DK: $4400; FD: $4400)
- Lars Eller, WSH (DK: $3500; FD: $4500)
- Nicholas Suzuki, MTL (DK: $3100; FD: $3700)
- Tavares and Matthews will be going up against the Red Wings this evening which obviously makes them a great play. The Red Wings own a 44.34 CF% and has allowed an average of 3.71 goals per game in their last 7. Both of these guys are in terrific spot. “But Nick, which of these guys would you rather pay up for?” Well, my answer is that you can’t go wrong with either one. But if you made me choose, I’d go with Matthews.
- As you probably noticed, there are a ton of studs to pay up for. I love Bergeron, MacKinnon, and Malkin this evening. We realistically can’t afford them all, so we need some more affordable players. One guy that catches my attention is Kadri. He’s performed well in Colorado and is in a prime spot against Chicago. The Blackhawks have allowed 36.1 shots on goal in their last 10 and have allowed an average of 3.30 goals per game during that span.
- Hayes was off to a slow start with his new club but has really picked things up as of late. He’s posted 2 goals and 6 assists in his last 10 while average just over 3 shots on goal per game. He’s $4,100 on DraftKings which is just way too cheap, especially since he’s facing the Senators.
- Domi and Suzuki are on the cheaper side of things and I have no problem paying down for either one if you need the money. Suzuki is riskier in my opinion since he’s young and doesn’t have much experience, but you have to love the matchup. They are playing on home ice against the Oilers which have allowed 3.50 goals per game in their last 10. Edmonton is also playing on 0 days of rest.
- David Pastrnak, BOS (DK: $7800; FD: $8500)
- Brad Marchand, BOS (DK: $7400; FD: $7900)
- Brendan Gallagher, MTL(DK: $6500; FD: $7600)
- Mitchell Marner, TOR (DK: $6800; FD: $7400)
- Nikitia Kucherov, TB (DK: $6900 FD: $8200)
- Steven Stamkos, TB (DK: $7000; FD: $8500)
- Alex Ovechkin, WSH (DK: $7600; FD: $8300)
- Patrick Kane, CHI (DK: $7200; FD: $8500)
- Bryan Rust, PIT (DK: $5900; FD: $5600)
- Gabriel Landeskog, COL (DK: $6400; FD: $7100)
- Brady Tkachuk, OTT (DK: $6300; FD: $5100)
- Nick Cousins, MTL (DK: $2500; FD: $3800)
- J.T. Miller, VAN (DK: $5100; FD: $5900)
- Jaden Schwartz, STL (DK: $5300; FD: $5600)
- Alex Killorn, TB (DK: $5000; FD: $5000)
- Joel Armia, MTL (DK: $4700; FD: $4900)
- Jake DeBrusk, BOS (DK: $4400; FD: $5700)
- Ilya Mikheyev, TOR (DK: $3900; FD: $3900)
- Frank Vatrano, FLA (DK: $4200; FD: $3700)
- We just can’t deny how good Rust has been for Pittsburgh. He’s recorded 25 points in 21 games and is currently riding a 5-game point streak. He’ll be facing Vancouver, which has allowed an average of 3.44 goals per game this month.
- You want a cheap play? Well, it doesn’t get cheaper than Cousins. He’s $2,500 on DK and $3,800 on FD. I’ve talked about how much I love this matchup for Montreal but what draws my attention to the veteran is that he’s getting power play minutes and has 5 points in his last 10.
- Mikheyev is another cheap option that I love. He’s averaging 3 shots on goal in his last 5 and is going up against the Red Wings. There isn’t much more I need to say, right?
- I’ve picked on Nashville quite a bit this year and I’m continuing that trend tonight. I mean, they are going up against the Bruins. As always, the Bruins’ top line is in play. They have just been unstoppable and are facing a team that’s allowed 3.40 goals per game on the road this season. I’d only roster one of these guys in my cash lineups.
- Separating Stamkos and Kucherov has been a blessing for this team. They are clicking on all cylinders right now and both guys are producing at an extremely high level. Both of them are in play going up against the Capitals, which are playing on 0 days of rest.
Note: I don’t recommend playing 2 wingers from the same line on the same team. For example, I wouldn’t roster Pastrnak and Marchand on one team. Only pick plug one of those guys into your lineup.
- Dougie Hamilton, CAR (DK: $6900; FD: $6200)
- John Carlson, WSH (DK: $6600; FD: $7300)
- Shea Weber, MTL (DK: $5800; FD: $6800)
- Oscar Klefbom, EDM (DK: $6800; FD: $6000)
- Roman Josi, NSH (DK: $7000; FD: $6600)
- Seth Jones, CBJ (DK: $5700; FD: $5100)
- Ryan Ellis, NSH (DK: $5400; FD: $5300)
- Ivan Provorov, PHI (DK: $5200; FD: $5700)
- Morgan Rielly, TOR (DK: $5100; FD: $5000)
- Darnell Nurse, EDM (DK: $4600; FD: $4300)
- Jaccob Slavin, CAR (DK: $4500; FD: $4300)
- Mike Green, DET (DK: $4100; FD: $3500)
- Matt Niskanen, PHI (DK: $4000; FD: $4400)
- Brett Pesce, CAR (DK: $3500; FD: $3600)
- Connor Murphy, CHI (DK: $3700; FD: $3600)
- Jeff Petry, MTL (DK: $3800; FD: $4000)
- Tyler Myers, WPG (DK: $3100; FD: $3700)
- Hamilton has 34 points in 35 games and 8 in his last 10. A change of scenery is all the offensive-minded defenseman needed. He’s going up against Florida which is playing on 0 days of rest. He also recorded 2 points in his last meeting against them. Pesce and Slavin are also in play.
- Green has been battling through quite a few injuries this year, but we can’t deny his talent. Similar to Hamilton, he’s an offensive minded player that’s in a great spot this evening. He’s going up against a fast-paced Maple Leafs club that is playing on 0 days of rest. Plus, he’s extremely cheap on both sites.
- There’s no denying that Provorov is an extremely talented defenseman. He’s an excellent 2-way player and has done a great job with the increase in minutes and power play time this year. He’s riding a 3-game point streak and is a guy that block shots and isn’t afraid to pepper netminders. Niskanen is another guy to consider this evening.
- I’ve talked about picking on Nashville a bit this evening, but Josi and Ellis are 2 guys that I like this evening. They both see a ton of minutes on the ice and produce on a high level. Plus, I wouldn’t be shocked if this game hits the over with the type of offenses both clubs have.
- Joonas Korpisalo, CBJ DK: $7800; FD: $7600)
- Philipp Grubauer, COL (DK: $8300; FD: $7600)
- For cash purposes, Korpisalo and Grubauer are the only 2 guys I’m considering this evening. The Avalanche are 3-0 against Chicago this year and I’m just expecting Colorado to dominate this game from start to finish this evening. They are healthy and I just don’t like this from a matchup perspective for Chicago.
- I really like the way has Columbus played this much. They are winners of 3 straight and beat Washington twice this month. They are going up against the Devils this evening on home-ice and I’m expecting them to win this one. New Jersey has averaged 2 goals per game in their last 9.