Nick Rodriguez breaks down all of tonight’s top cash game plays and values for your DFS double-ups.
Please be sure to keep track of the LINES (who plays with who) and goalie confirmations (who are the starting goalies). Here are the resources I recommend to keep an eye on any developments:
This information comes straight from writers who follow each of the NHL teams closely. If anything important ever comes up, they are surely the first to know and will know earlier than any DFS or NHL website. Following this list will make it easier for you to keep an eye on all types of changes throughout the day (e.g. line changes, goalie confirmations, and late scratches).
If a goalie gets confirmed as the starter throughout the day, this is where you’ll want to go to make sure they are locked in.
This resource is very good to check on line combinations from the previous game and the projected lines for the next game. Be aware that lines may update as they come in, so if a team holds a morning skate, there’s a good chance that the lines that are updated from the morning skate are going to be used in that night’s game.
MAIN SLATE (5 GAMES – 8:00 PM ET/5:00 PM PT lock)
DraftKings: Connor McDavid, Kirill Kaprizov, Vladimir Tarasenko, Kevin Shattenkirk
FanDuel: Connor McDavid, Kirill Kaprizov, Brady Tkachuk, Alec Martinez
- Connor McDavid, Oilers (DK: $9300, FD: $9200)
- Nathan MacKinnon, Avalanche (DK: $8800, FD: $8400)
- Logan Couture, Sharks (DK: $7000, FD: $7600)
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Oilers (DK: $6200, FD: $5900)
- Joel Eriksson Ek, Wild (DK: $4800, FD: $5000)
- Adam Henrique, Ducks (DK: 4700, FD: $4100)
- Edmonton racked up 7 goals against Ottawa on Wednesday and would just be silly for me not to mention McDavid in a cash game article. He will be extremely popular today, and rightfully so, which makes him the top center of the slate. In 6 meetings against Ottawa this season, McDavid has logged 13 points. Despite not skating with McDavid on the top line anymore, Nugent-Hopkins is still someone to consider.
- MacKinnon and Couture are other nice expensive options on the slate. Couture has the better matchup going up against the Ducks (4 points in 3 games against them) but we all know how good MacKinnon is. Both guys are also options for cash games.
- Henrique has been playing well as of late and you have to love that he’s less than 5K on both sites. He’s averaged 2.8 shots on goal and recorded 5 points in his last 5 contests. The veteran also plays on the top power play unit.
- Leon Draisaitl, Oilers (DK: $8900, FD: $8300)
- Max Pacioretty, Golden Knights (DK: $7800, FD: $7900)
- Mikko Rantanen, Avalanche (DK: $7600, FD: $8000)
- Brady Tkachuk, Senators (DK: $6800, FD: $6300)
- Kirill Kaprizov, Wild (DK: $5000, FD: $5500)
- Vladimir Tarasenko, Blues (DK: $4700, FD: $6800)
- Evander Kane, Sharks (DK: $6600, FD: $6700)
- Rickard Rakell, Ducks (DK: $5800, FD: $6300)
- Jonathan Marchessault, Golden Knights (DK: $4900, FD: $5800)
- Adrian Kempe, Kings (DK: $4600, FD: $5600)
- Trevor Zegras, Ducks (DK: $3700, FD: $3200)
- Tyler Pitlick, Coyotes (DK: $2900, FD: $4000)
- Draisaitl logged 5 points in his last contest against Ottawa, making it likely that he’s the highest-owned winger on the night. I expect McDavid to be higher owned than Draisaitl this evening.
- Kaprizov’s success in the KHL has translated well into the NHL as he’s logged 20 points in 24 contests. He’s averaged 3.2 shots on goal in his last 5 and going up against the Coyotes which have allowed an average of 36.8 shots on goal in March.
- No matter who Pacioretty plays, he’s always someone to consider and tonight is no different. He’s going up against the Blues which is the club he recorded a hat trick against back in Jan. 26. He’s also averaged 4.8 shots on goal in his last 5.
- Although it may not be the best of matchups, you have to love Tarasenko’s price on DraftKings with the type of upside he possesses. He’s an absolute sniper and logged 18 minutes in his last contest.
- Darnell Nurse, Oilers (DK: $6500, FD: $5400)
- Tyson Barrie, Oilers (DK: $6400, FD: $5600)
- Alec Martinez, Golden Knights (DK: $5000, FD: $3900)
- Erik Karlsson, Sharks (DK: $4700, FD: $4500)
- Samuel Girard, Avalanche (DK: $6100, FD: $5200)
- Mathew Dumba, Wild (DK: $4800, FD: $4700)
- Ryan Graves, Avalanche (DK: $4400, FD: $4700)
- Kevin Shattenkirk, Ducks (DK: $3900, FD: $4100)
- Kris Russell, Oilers (DK: $3400, FD: $3800)
- Shattenkirk is riding a 3-game point streak and going up against a club that’s allowed an average of 3.40 goals per game in months. He also plays on the top power play unit.
- Martinez is in play on DraftKings but an absolute steal on FanDuel. He’ll continue to see some power play action with Pietrangelo out of the picture. He also takes a lot of shots and isn’t afraid to block shots.
- Nurse and Barrie will be extremely popular along with McDavid and Draisaitl and rightfully so. Both these gentlemen log heavy minutes and are a big part of the Oilers’ offense. I wouldn’t play both of these guys in the same lineup in cash contests.
- Girard played 29 minute his last time out and should continue to see a lot of minutes with Makar still out of the lineup. Graves is also in play for his price.
- Mike Smith, Oilers (DK: $8100, FD: $8200)
- Cam Talbot, Wild (DK: $7900, FD: $7800)
- Philipp Grubauer, Avalanche (DK: $8100, FD: $8400)