What’s up y’all? In an attempt to give you guys an idea of what I’m thinking about prior to digging into the NBA main slate, I figured I would share some of my early notes.
Let’s face it, coming up with lineups this early in the morning is a “fool’s errand,” however, organizing your thoughts and getting a handle on the overall scope of the slate is an excellent way to stay ahead of the competition.
Consider this a starting point before reading the cash game and GPP articles that come out later during the day. This is a work in progress, so please be patient. I hope this article eventually becomes a part of your daily routine when it comes to starting your NBA DFS research.
Pending Injury News:
- Seth Curry (DAL)/ ankle (questionable)
- Kendrick Nunn (MIA)/ illness (questionable)
- Brandon Knight (DET)/ hamstring (playing)
- Jimmy Butler (MIA)/ toe (questionable)
- Tyler Herro (MIA)/ ankle (questionable)
- Josh Richardson (PHI)/ head (playing)
- Bruce Brown (DET)/ ankle (questionable)
- Jae Crowder (MIA)/ head (playing)
- Joel Embiid (PHI)/ shoulder (questionable)
- John Henson (DET)/ ankle (out)
How Many Is Too Many?
Jimmy Butler (MIA), Kendrick Nunn (MIA) and Tyler Herro (MIA) are all currently listed as questionable for tonight’s game against the Charlotte Hornets. As a result, the most important question prior to tip off could very well be, “How many Miami Heat players is too many?” This is currently the biggest injury situation we’re monitoring for this slate, as this could have major implications with regard to constructing lineups for both cash games and tournaments. Depending on how the injury news falls, you’ll want to keep an eye on guys like Goran Dragic (MIA), Duncan Robinson (MIA), Jae Crowder (MIA) and Bam Adebayo (MIA).
Top Studs to Target:
- Luka Doncic (DAL) and Trae Young (ATL) are the top two starts when it comes to projected fantasy points tonight. They’ll make for fine targets in both cash games and tournaments. Depending on how things go with the Miami Heat, you could find yourself dealing with a cash game core of Heat players alongside either Luka or Trae. Alternating beefcake in the form of Nikola Jokic (DEN) and Kristaps Porzingis (DAL) should make excellent targets in GPPs.
- Joel Embiid (PHI) is considered questionable to return to the court today after missing the last five games with a shoulder injury. While that’s great news for Embiid, his teammates are likely to become overvalued the minute he hits the court. Monitor this situation closely. If he misses tonight’s game against the Detroit Pistons, you may have one last opportunity to take advantage of the remaining Philadelphia 76ers studs.
- Vegas lines aren’t out for all of the games, however, the New York Knicks at Atlanta Hawks (over/under of 230.0, with Atlanta favored by -4.5) and the New Orleans Pelicans at Sacramento Kings (over/under of 235.0, with New Orleans favored by -1.5) are looking like the games you want to target if you want to game stack in tournaments.
- With John Henson (DET) sitting out tonight’s game against the Philadelphia 76ers, there’s a good chance we’re going to see Thon Maker (DET) chalk on DraftKings. What could go wrong?