My favorite pitchers, stacks and individual hitters on tonight’s DFS slate!
Excited to bring back my MLB GPP breakdown over to the team at Elite Fantasy, where we will look to build upon all of our 2019 success. Today, I’ll be covering the nine-game main slate beginning at 7:05 pm. If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into four sections:
- A cheat sheet w/ my favorite players at each position and in each tier (based on FD positions/pricing).
- Top pitchers on the slate, geared to takedown GPPs.
- My favorite stacks to target and which players I really want to include in them.
- The “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my edge play (or fade) of the slate, HR predictions, and the players I expect to be the top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 9/8/20 MLB GPP contests. This isn’t a list of every player I will have, but rather, the top guys I’ll have the most exposure to in my stacks and “core.” Players may be in here because of their matchup, their ownership, or even as leverage plays off of the chalk. They will all be included in this core list.
MLB GPP Pitching
- Walker Buehler: Typically hesitant to start a pitcher facing the same offense in b2b starts, but this Arizona offense is that bad. Buehler seems to have figured out the early season walk issue while diving up his K rate along the way. He is my top projected scorer if you have the funds to get him.
- Andrew Heaney: Lefty against Texas (end analysis)… They lead the league in K rate against LHP while ranking 24th in ISO and 28th in wOBA.
- Tyler Mahle: Mahle has always been solid vs RHH; his struggles have been with lefties and the long ball. With an expected 20mph wind blowing in at Wrigley, it will help keep the ball in the park.
- Sixto Sanchez (DK): While I do expect his 2020 K numbers to regress, he continues to generate groundballs and limit the walks. Braves do have strikeouts in their lineup this year, so I’m on board at his DK price.
- Adrian Houser (FD): Underwhelmed in this matchup last time out but was a bit unlucky, IMO. He generated a very respectable 62% groundball rate while allowing a 23% hard hit rate. The price on FD is far too low vs. the Tigers, who have the highest K rate in the league against RHP. Don’t be afraid to go back to the well.
MLB GPP Stacks
- Miami Marlins: I’ve been waiting a week or so to hop on this offense, and the night has come in a matchup with Kyle Wright, who can’t seem to get out of his own way with a walk rate around 18% this season. Dickerson & Cooper are top two bats, but 1-7 (projected) all in play.
- San Diego Padres: After disappointing last night, we are going right back tonight against Chi Chi Rodriquez, who likely only lasts 3-4 innings and will be followed by a right-handed heavy bullpen. Machado/Tatis are fine if you can afford them, but Moreland, Grisham and Cronenworth are ones I want pieces of tonight.
- San Francisco Giants: Facing a flyball lefty; looking at Yastrzemski and Belt as primary plays.
- Milwaukee Brewers: I’ve targeted this offense for most of the year, but Spencer Turnbull – like Kyle Wright – is having a hard time throwing strikes, having walked 16 batters in his last 16 innings.
- LA Dodgers: While Luke Weaver has boosted his K rate, he is playing with fire, given the near 50% fly ball & hard hit rates. Mookie, Seager, Muncy are top options with guys near bottom being nice salary savers – Lux, Rios or Beaty.
Home Run Predictions
- Garrett Cooper
- Mookie Betts
- Highest Scoring Hitter: Christian Yelich
- Highest Scoring Pitcher: Walker Buehler
- Top Value Play: Corey Dickerson
- Player to Fade: Ronald Acuna
- Slate Edge: Mike Yastrzemski
Hit me up on Twitter @BHealy19 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!