My favorite pitchers, stacks and individual hitters on tonight’s DFS slate!
Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheatsheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy where we will look to build upon all of our 2019 success. Today I’ll be covering the six game main slate beginning at 6:40 pm.
If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into the following three sections:
- A cheat sheet with three tiers of players (each pricing tier based on FD positions/Pricing).
- My favorite stacks to target and which players in said stacks I prefer.
- Lastly, my “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my edge play/fade of the slate, top HR picks, and the players I expect to be the top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 9/10/20 MLB GPP’s. This isn’t a list of every player I will have but rather the top guys I am including in my stacks/core, whether it be as a matchup based play, ownership based play, or even a leverage play, they will all be included in this core list.
- Gerrit Cole: Despite the recent stretch of allowing HR’s, Cole is my clear #1 tonight (if the weather holds in NY). K rate is back up over 32% and continues to rise each start.
- Chris Paddack: I like the savings I get from the top tier by using Paddack. His command is fantastic and he limits most damage, while his strikeout ability to RHH is elite. He should have a solid outing.
- Adbert Alzolay: Risky GPP value SP: He has the most strikeout ability apart from the top tier but his command is sporadic, which lead to a short night. The pitching conditions in Chicago are elite once again and should help with knocking down most flyballs.
- LA Dodgers: Madbum is a shell of his former self. Unable to keep the ball in the park. RHH are a priority but lefties should be mixed into stacks (Muncy is my favorite LHH).
- Tampa Bay Rays: They will see LHP Kickham to start but that shouldn’t be for long then we get the Red Sox below avg bullpen. Let’s get Meadows and/or Lowe into stacks.
- Arizona D-backs: May hasn’t had any swing and miss stuff this season and while he can generate ground balls to RHH he does give up more to LHH and the dbacks have a few dangerous ones. Rojas, Calhoun, Peralta, Escobar and Varsho to name a few.
- San Diego Padres: They seem to produce night in and night out and tonight they get another great matchup with Cahill then Smyly. Tatis and Machado are preferred bats but leaving them off your stacks will make them much more unique.
- Home Run Predictions:
- AJ Pollock
- Austin Meadows
- Highest scoring hitter: Mookie Betts
- Highest scoring pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Top Value play: Josh Rojas
- Player to fade: Bryce Harper
- Slate Edge: Josh Rojas