CHECK OUT THE MLB LIVE-STREAM FOR A DEEPER DIVE INTO THE ANALYSIS OF THE PLAYS…
SOMETIMES PLAYS MAY SLIGHTLY CHANGE AFTER SHARING IDEAS WITH THE GUYS ON THE STREAM SO MAKE SURE U TUNE IN!
PITCHING TIERS I WILL BE ROCKING WITH TODAY
- Paxton….I am not overly excited to pay up today, but if I did, it would be with James Paxton for sure. The other pitchers at the top have some warts for me. Paddack I declared regression three starts ago, and it is upon us, Bauer seems a little broken, Corbin has flopped three of his last four starts, Castillo looks to have righted the ship but the Indians cheat at home, so for me, it is Paxton by default.
- Hudson…Hudson at $6200 vs. the Marlins is obviously enticing and IMO a better play for the value than any of the big arms. After scorching earth (by their standards) from mid-May to early June, the Marlins are back in the dumpster, scoring one run or less in four of their last five. We get a pitcher like Hudson, who although he doesn’t strike many guys out, is a safe option and been pitching very well, against a Marlins team at this price, so it makes for somewhat of a no brainer play in all formats.
- Eilser Hernandez….$5k for a kid who has been annihilating the minors is a steal. I assume he will be fairly popular today, but to be able to pair him with Hudson on DK, you get an upside arm and a safety arm at a dirt cheap price and can stack your bats. The Cardinals have not been very good of late, and the price just screams “play me.”
FAVORITE CHALK STACK (20%+)
- Rockies righties, Cubs lefties….This will obviously be popular today in Coors, but now that the weather is starting to heat up in Denver, it makes Coors tougher and tougher to fade each home game. I think the Rockies side is more contrarian of the two so that is my preferred play for GPPs.
Others: Red Sox
- Yankees….I know normally the Yankees vs. Vargas wouldn’t be sneaky, but on a night like tonight, when there are a dual-sided Coors stack and a lot of other high totals, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bombers fell into the 7-12% range. The Mets bullpen is atrocious too, so if they can get to Vargas early, it could get ugly all game.
- STL….I know I love the kid pitching for Miami for the price, but I also love the hedge stack in a situation like this where a young punt pitcher is chalk. I would not do this on my #1 lineup, but this is definitely in play for GPPs cause if this kid ends up being chalk and blows up, you heel turn on the field.
Double Dong: Arenado
5% owned Dong: Freeman
1% owned sleeper: Votto
Stolen base target: Dyson
Fade of the day: Bauer
TUNE INTO THE LIVESTREAM OR READ THE LIVESTREAM RECAP ARTICLE FOR ALL MY POSITIONAL BREAKDOWNS.
- Nationals – Absolutely love stacking right-handed power against Manny Banuelos, and the Nationals have plenty of it. Feel free to include Juan Soto as well, as he hits lefties well himself.
- Coors – Just load up both sides of this game. Should be fireworks on both sides. It’s one of the reasons I prefer punting pitching tonight. Story, Arenado, Rizzo, Schwarber are the top dogs tonight in the mountains.
- Twins – Best offense in baseball? They’ll go overlooked a bit tonight against Mike Leake but should tee off. This team is deep, and they just wear pitchers down. Prefer the lefties, but all the big guns are in play.
- Dodgers – I like Felix Pena, who will get the bulk of the innings, but the Dodger lefties just utterly destroy right-handed pitching and Pena is susceptible to the long ball against lefties. This is a sneaky spot people won’t look to enough tonight.