Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheat sheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy, where we will look to build upon all of our 2020 success. Today, I’ll be covering the eight-game main slate, beginning at 1:05 pm.
If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into four sections:
- A cheat sheet with my favorite players at each position and in each tier (based on FD positions/pricing).
- My top pitchers to target on today’s slate.
- My favorite stacks to target and which players I really want to include in them.
- The “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my favorite play (or fade) on the slate, HR predictions, and the players I expect to be top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 5/6/21 MLB GPP tournaments. This isn’t a list of every player I’ll have, but these are the guys I’ll have the most exposure to in my stacks and “core.” Players may be in here because of their matchup, their ownership, or even as leverage plays off of the chalk pitchers. They will all be included in this core list.
- Zack Wheeler: Elite matchup along with ability to pitch deep into games. The discount off Cole on FD is too much, and I prefer Wheeler.
- Nate Eovaldi: Another strong matchup against the woeful Tigers. Eovaldi likely checks in as chalk, but for good reason.
- DK – Cole & Pineda: For DK, their pricing is much different, and you aren’t paying a premium for Cole in a below-average matchup, while Pineda is underpriced and a very strong SP2.
- Blue Jays: Facing off with low strikeout pitcher Mike Fiers; full 1-9 is in play. Teoscar and Bichette are my favorites.
- Royals: McKenzie has some nasty stuff, but his control is still a work in process with multiple walks in each start. Sal Perez and Benintendi are my favorites.
- Mets: Facing off with John Gant, who has been extremely lucky to this point. Implosion is coming! Lefties + Alonso are my preferred plays.
- Braves: I love picking on Jon Lester, so I won’t miss my chance today. Ozuna is my preferred play but full 1-9 in play.
- Red Sox: Devers + Verdugo are preferred plays.
Home Run Predictions
- Marcell Ozuna
- Sal Perez
My Highest-Owned Guys
- Highest Scoring Hitter: Ronald Acuna
- Highest Scoring Pitcher: Zack Wheeler
- Top Value Play: Andrew Benintendi
- Player to Fade: Trea Turner
- Slate Edge: Andrew Benintendi
Hit me up on Twitter @BHealy19 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!