DOMINATE today’s DraftKings and FanDuel MLB GPP contests with these pitchers, stacks and one-off players!
I’ll be in the chat an hour before lock to answer any questions you guys might have before the slate locks. Let’s get it guys!
MLB GPP PITCHERS
- Julio Urias – I’m in love with this matchup vs the Brewers today and I think Urias has a chance to be the highest-scoring pitcher on the slate. It only helps the Dodgers should be able to jump out to an early lead this afternoon making it smooth sailing for Urias. Plus, we get a nice little 2.1k price discount from Max on FD which allows us to fit all the bats we are going to want. You aren’t going to want to miss this dominant performance from Urias this afternoon so be sure to jump on board!
- Max Scherzer – If you are wanting to go the safer route this afternoon then Max is your guy. After getting owed by Vlad Jr in his last start I think we have a chance of seeing Mad Max today which is always a scary fade. Even though Max has had 2 dominant performances so far this season I still don’t feel like he is the pitcher he once was which is why I have a hard time spending up for his price on FD at 12K. But I don’t mind his 9.7K tag on DK. Scherzer does have good history against this Marlins team and is firmly in play on DK but I’m siding with Urias over on FD.
- Lucas Giolito – I love Giolito’s price on DK this afternoon at only 8.6K, he has yet to have a game where he brings everything together but what better day to do it than a matchup against the Indians who’s shown the ability to completely lay an egg time and time again. You won’t find a pitcher with a longer leash than Giolito this afternoon so if he does finally decide to bring it all together he could be a must in GPP’s on DK at this price tag.
- C-Mart – I truly never thought I would write up ole C-Mart ever again but here we are lol. Although he has been lacking strikeout upside the chemistry, he has shown with Andrew Knizer has been extremely impressive and Martinez has already compared him to Molina on his ability to call games. We aren’t going to get any world-beating numbers out of C-Mart like we might have 4-5 years ago but it’s absolutely not out of the question to ask for 15-20 DK points at his cheap price tag vs the struggling Pirates this afternoon.
MLB GPP STACKS
- Dodgers – Bettinger is making his big-league debut today with Burnes missing his scheduled start for (undisclosed) reasons. This is a nightmare matchup for any pitcher let alone a mediocre at best player like Bettinger. This is a great hitter’s ballpark and I fully expect the Dodgers who have everything going for them today to jump all over him from the first pitch. 1-8 all in play!
- Twins – I know stacking the Twins didn’t work out for us on Saturday but we have to go right back to the well today in a dream matchup vs. Brad Keller where RHH are hitting .424 and LHH .327 to start the year against him. He looked sharp in his last start vs the Tigers but this Twins team won’t disappoint us 2 days in a row. Not in a matchup as juicy as this! Whole lineup is in play with 1-4 being my favorite.
- Yankees – I will be the first to admit that Urena has actually been pretty damn good at minimizing the damage and keeping the ball in the park so far to start off the season. But he hasn’t faced an offense as hot as the Yanks are right now and that’s all that matters. 1-9 are all seeing the ball well and there are no easy outs in this lineup.
- Cardinals – There is no doubt that Crowe is one of the worst starting pitchers on the slate and shouldn’t be on a major league roster. He was pretty lucky in last start and still struggled, I think his luck runs out today against this Cardinals team. Lefties profile extremely well against him making Carpenter one of the best values on the slate but I think some of the righties like Arenado and DeJong make for fantastic GPP plays as well.
HITTERS BY POSITION
Good for both DraftKings and FanDuel GPPs
C – Garver, Grandal, Smith, Kirk, Knizner
1B – Vlad Jr., Votto, Muncy, Carpenter, Ford
2B – DJ, Polanco, Edman, Madrigal
3B – Donaldson, Arenado, Bregman, Carpenter
SS – Anderson, Suarez, Torres, Seager
OF$$$ – (MIN OF), (NYY OF), Betts, Acuna
OF$$ – Springer, Edman, Carlson, Robert
OF$ – Pache, Senzel, Hicks, O’Neill, Gallo
Double Dong: Donaldson
4-Hit Game: Torres
Favorite 1-Off Player: Carpenter
5%-Owned Dong: Bregman
2%-Owned Dong: Robert
Hit me up on Twitter @thebenhancock11 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!