DOMINATE today’s DraftKings and FanDuel MLB GPP contests with these pitchers, stacks and one-off players!
I’ll be in the chat an hour before lock to answer any questions you guys might have before the slate locks. Let’s get it guys!
MLB GPP PITCHERS
- Lance McCullers Jr. DK $9,600 FD $8,400 – McCullers has always been great against the Rangers in his career, and I expect nothing to change this afternoon. McCullers looked amazing in his last start against the Angels, recording 9 K’s in 8 innings while only throwing 96 pitches. You couldn’t ask for a better matchup here today.
- Alex Wood DK $9,400 FD $7,500 – I never imagined paying such a high price tag for Wood on DK, but I’m not going to say he hasn’t earned it. He’s been on his A-game in every start this season except his one at Coors Field, and I throw those out anyway. He gets the second-best matchup on the slate, facing the Pittsburgh Pirates, and it really seems like a no-brainer with his price on FD at only $7,500. He allows you to actually feel good about your pitcher and pay up for bats!
- Marcus Stroman DK $8,600 FD $8,400 – I’ve yet to write up Stroman this season, and it kills me because I really do believe in his stuff and all the hard work he put in, in the offseason. He just usually goes overlooked by other arms on the slate that provide just a little bit more upside. This is a DK-only play because of how cheap Wood is on FD. But Stroman has been a stud this season and will go overlooked again this afternoon in a great spot vs. a weak Rays lineup. If you need just a little bit of savings off of an arm like Wood or McCullers, then Stroman is your guy, and it should be under 10% owned.
- Dylan Cease DK $7,400 FD $7,400 – Cease is a guy who is very interesting this afternoon. After throwing 2 absolute gems, he comes back with a stinker vs. the Twins, where he really struggled with his command. I’m expecting a huge bounce-back start here against the Royals, and at what I’m hoping will be low ownership. In case you all weren’t aware, the White Sox pitching coach had nothing but high praise for Cease this offseason and improved in all the areas he was struggling in before. We have seen his upside by his amazing 2 performances against the Tigers and Reds.
- Robbie Ray DK $7,400 FD $8,000 – Ray has been really good this year, and after being all-in on the Phillies yesterday, I can say they suck. They had pitch after pitch to hit and couldn’t do anything with them. I expect Ray to hit his spots and make this Phillies team look sillier than they did last night. It’s between Ray and Cease for my SP2 spot on my main DK team because I really love both of them this afternoon.
MLB GPP STACKS
- NYY – The Yankees are facing Eshelman, who didn’t even make the rotation for the Orioles this Spring Training. This is a smash spot for the Bronx Bombers in a great hitter’s park. We couldn’t ask for a better spot here. 1-7 all in play.
- TOR – I’ll be the first to admit I’ve been wrong on the Blue Jays for most of the season, but Anderson just doesn’t have it anymore, and I’m expecting a huge day for his Toronto team. (Semien, Bo, Vlad Jr, Hernandez) are my favorites.
- BOS – One thing I can say this year is that the Red Sox hardly ever disappoint when they are in great matchups. Well, I’m expecting that to continue today as Quintana has really struggled this season. 1-9 is all in play for me this afternoon.
HITTERS BY POSITION
Good for both DraftKings and FanDuel GPPs
C – Contreras, Sanchez, Mercedes, McGuire
1B – Vlad Jr, Voit, Abreu, Dalbec
2B – Semien, DJ, Gonzales, Garcia
3B – Biggio, Bregman, Donaldson, Moncada
SS – Bogaerts, Anderson, Bo, Crawford
OF$$$ – (NYY OF), Bryant, Alvarez, JD
OF$$ – (TOR OF), Brantley, Eaton, Tucker
OF$ – Renfroe, Baddoo, Hamilton, Vaughn
Double Dong: Vlad Jr
4-Hit Game: Anderson
Favorite 1-Off Player: Vlad Jr
5%-Owned Dong: Tucker
2%-Owned Dong: Renfroe
Hit me up on Twitter @thebenhancock11 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!