DOMINATE today’s DraftKings and FanDuel MLB GPP contests with these pitchers, stacks and one-off players!
Tier 1: The Core Pitcher (these are pitchers who will be in majority of my lineups)
- Trevor Bauer – Not a whole lot to say here, -320 favorite going up against a depleted lineup. Should be 6-7 IP, 10+ K’s and a win. He’s expensive, but rightly so, given the other pitchers on the slate.
Tier 2: Not Quite Core Pitcher
- N/A – After Bauer, there is a really big gap. Rodon coming off back/hamstring injuries scares me even if it’s a watered-down Royals team that’s 1-12 in its last 13 games. Wainwright at 8.8k feels a tad expensive, but he’s probably my next favorite guy. But is he that much better than Paddack, Garcia, and McKenzie? I have a hard time getting there, so that’s why there isn’t a Tier 2 pitcher on this slate.
Tier 3: Mass-Multi Entry Pitchers
Strong and Deep List
- Adam Wainwright – Cardinals had to go through a ton of their bullpen last night with Oviedo not making it out of the 3rd, so it’s up to Wainwright to soak up the innings. Luckily, we have a strong pitcher’s umpire here and a pretty watered-down Padres lineup, a lot of it weak hitting. It’s hard to see 7+ K upside here, but I would be stunned if he’s throwing well if he throws less than 7 innings and 8 or 9 totally possible, depending on how the game is going.
- Triston McKenzie – I’m not a huge fan of picking on Seattle, and it seems like every time I try it in tournaments, it blows up in my face. But if you are looking for upside, McKenzie has it with 34 K’s in only 23.2 IP. Yes, he walks too many people, but it’s not as if the Mariners are the most patient team in the world. Boom/bust here, but upside is worth it.
- Mike Minor – White Sox are one of the best offenses in baseball, and Minor has been inconsistent at best, but this version of the White Sox is much different. Abreu, Robert, Jimenez are out, and the replacements don’t have the same firepower. I wouldn’t go here outside the largest of GPP’s, but I think the upside here is worth trying in those tournaments.
- Carlos Rodon, Chris Paddack or Luis Garcia – I referred to these three in Tier 2, and they are in the MME pool.
Tier 1: The Core Stack
- Cincinnati Reds – DraftKings lowered the min price on a pitcher just to lower Chacin’s price. That’s right, Chacin has set the new minimum price for a starting pitcher. Want to know why? Stack the Reds, tune in using the MLB.com league pass, and see for yourself. Will be worth it.
Tier 2: The Not Quite Core Stack
- Philadelphia Phillies – The Phillies disappointed last night, which is perfect. Weather isn’t as good, but Anthony Kay is one of the worst pitchers to consistently get the ball. Phillies adding the DH should add depth to this lineup, as well. On most slates, this would be a Tier 1 stack, but on this one, they have to settle for Tier 2 status.
Tier 3: Mass-Multi Entry Stacks
- Los Angeles Dodgers – Marlins bullpen got worked hard on Sandy Alcantara day, which is rough because tonight was expected to be a bullpen type day with converted reliever Holloway getting the ball. Lots of upside here for the Dodgers if they get going because Miami will have to let someone take the brunt of the damage for the good of the team, as they can’t burn all their arms again in a losing effort.
- Washington Nationals – In retrospect, not having the Nationals in Tier 3 yesterday was a mistake, but I won’t make the same mistake twice. They draw a very good matchup against a bullpen game led by Frankoff. Much like the Marlins above, the Diamondbacks had to use a lot of their pen last night, so Nationals could be in good shape to pile it on if they get out to an early lead.
Top MLB GPP Players By Position
- JT Realmuto
- Tucker Barnhart
- Salvador Perez
- Rhys Hoskins
- Josh Bell
- Ryan McMahon
- Jean Segura
- Gavin Lux
- Gio Urshela
- Austin Riley
- Kyle Farmer
- Eugenio Suarez
- Tim Anderson
- Trea Turner
- Jarred Kelenic
- Nick Castellanos
- Jesse Winker
- Juan Soto
- Kyle Schwarber
- Mookie Betts
- Franmil Reyes
- Bryce Harper
Highest Scoring Hitter: Jesse Winker
Highest Scoring Pitcher: Trevor Bauer
Biggest Bust Hitter: Marcus Semien
Biggest Bust Pitcher: Aaron Nola
Top Value Play: Jarred Kelenic
Slate Edge: Tucker Barnhart (DK)/Austin Riley (FD)
Hit me up on Twitter @TheSeigeDFS or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!