Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheat sheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy, where we will look to build upon all of our 2020 success. Today, I’ll be covering the six-game main slate, beginning at 7:05 pm.
If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into four sections:
- A cheat sheet with my favorite players at each position and in each tier (based on FD positions/pricing).
- My top pitchers to target on today’s slate.
- My favorite stacks to target and which players I really want to include in them.
- The “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my favorite play (or fade) on the slate, HR predictions, and the players I expect to be top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 5/13/21 MLB GPP tournaments. This isn’t a list of every player I’ll have, but these are the guys I’ll have the most exposure to in my stacks and “core.” Players may be in here because of their matchup, ownership, or even as leverage plays off the chalk pitchers. They will all be included in this core list.
- Rogers: Wildcard SP here that I’m projected to be underowned. He comes in with a slate-high 33% K rate on the season. Outside of Kelly, the Dbacks lack RH power that would pose any threat.
- Javier: Very rarely do I recommend a hedge, but tonight, I will have exposure to Javier and also some Rangers stacks. The Rangers have the highest K rate in the split, yielding some massive upside for Javier.
- Taillon: Has seen a welcoming increase in strikeouts now at 28.8% this year. Gets a strong K matchup with Tampa, a positive park shift and an elite pitching ump.
- DK Special: Logan Gilbert
- Astros: Clear 1-2 stacks for me tonight, and they are projected to be popular, so we have to be creative. Folty’s biggest struggle is with power LHH; Yordan is the top play of the slate for me. All 1-9 in play for me and hoping Castro gets the nod at C over Maldonado.
- Reds: Chi Chi Gonzalez is #bad, putting the full 1-8 in play for stacks. Utilizing a Naquin or Barnhart in your stacks will help make it unique.
- A’s: I’m not buying the recent emergence of strikeouts for Garrett Richards, who has a much larger sample of an avg 21% K rate. If he regresses, the A’s have the power throughout the lineup to punish him.
- Rangers: I do expect some K’s here, but several power bats against Javier’s fly ball allowance and near 10% walk rate. The leverage off Javier’s ownership will be very strong. Gallo and Lowe are my preferred options. 1-7 is where I’m looking.
- Mariners: Another ownership/leverage spot off SP chalk Zach Plesac. The Mariners have been much tougher on RHP as we saw Tuesday for Walker Buehler. Seager is my top bat here and key to any stacks.
Home Run Predictions
- Yordan Alvarez
- Joey Gallo
My Highest-Owned Guys
- Highest Scoring Hitter: Yordan Alvarez
- Highest Scoring Pitcher: Trevor Rogers
- Top Value Play: Ty France
- Player to Fade: Trevor Story
- Slate Edge: Kyle Tucker!
Hit me up on Twitter @BHealy19 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!