Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheat sheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy, where we will look to build upon all of our 2020 success. Today, I’ll be covering the 10-game main slate, beginning at 7:05 pm.
If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into four sections:
- A cheat sheet with my favorite players at each position and in each tier (based on FD positions/pricing).
- My top pitchers to target on today’s slate.
- My favorite stacks to target and which players I really want to include in them.
- The “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my favorite play (or fade) on the slate, HR predictions, and the players I expect to be top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 5/12/21 MLB GPP tournaments. This isn’t a list of every player I’ll have, but these are the guys I’ll have the most exposure to in my stacks and “core.” Players may be in here because of their matchup, ownership, or even as leverage plays off the chalk pitchers. They will all be included in this core list.
- Gerrit Cole: 8+ strikeouts in all but one start this season in a + matchup for strikeouts. Not much to think about here on DK. FD you could consider moving down to the next two arms given the discount.
- Julio Urias: My favorite low-owned option tonight. We have finally seen him flash the SO upside in 2 of his starts. A matchup with this K happy team (esp against LHP) will give him an opportunity for yet another big outing.
- Zac Gallen: Walks have been biggest issue for Gallen going deeper into games. Given the Marlins’ low walk rate and extremely right-handed lineup, Gallen is set up for a strong outing. He is sporting a very respectable 33% K rate to RHH with a 12.5% swinging strike rate, and Marlins should roll out 6-7 RHH tonight.
- Yankees: Too many power bats for a pitcher unable to generate whiffs: 1-9 in play with Judge and Voit preferred.
- Astros: Which Andrew Heaney will show up is the question. The low K Astros will wear him down and force mistakes: 1-7 are my targets.
- Brewers: Value stack of day that opens up all the salary you need. John Gant has been extremely lucky to this point. Lefties are my preference (Vogel, Shaw, JBJ).
- Dodgers: Chalk stack of the night, and for good reason. Dunn is another SP who really struggles with walks. Dodgers will punish him if he is wild: 1-8 in play.
- Red Sox: Facing off with first-time starters is always an unknown but an angle I plan to be ahead of the field. 1-9 in play, with Devers being my top target.
Home Run Predictions
- Max Muncy
- Dan Vogelbach
My Highest-Owned Guys
- Highest Scoring Hitter: Rafael Devers
- Highest Scoring Pitcher: Gerrit Cole
- Top Value Play: Travis Shaw
- Player to Fade: Bryce Harper
- Slate Edge: Luke Voit!
Hit me up on Twitter @BHealy19 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!