Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheat sheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy, where we will look to build upon all of our 2020 success.
Today I’ll be covering the 6 game main slate beginning at 7:05 pm. If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into the following three sections:
- A cheat sheet with three tiers of players (each pricing tier based on FD positions/Pricing)
- My favorite stacks to target and which players in said stacks I prefer
- Lastly, my “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my edge play/fade of the slate, top HR picks, and the players I expect to be the top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 5/1/21 MLB GPP’s. This isn’t a list of every player I will have but rather the top guys I am including in my stacks/core, whether it be as a matchup based play, ownership based play, or even a leverage play, they will all be included in this core list.
- Eduardo Rodriguez: Very favorable matchup with the k happy Rangers. Has been very strong to begin the year as shown by his 26/2 K to walk ratio.
- Zac Gallen: My preferred SP on tonight’s slate. Very underrated SP with a solid 29% strikeout rate since 2019. If he can harness his command, he can easily be the highest scoring pitcher on the slate.
- Padres: Lefties are primary targets with Machado/Tatis mixed in.
- Angles: Ohtani the top play, with other usual suspects (1-6) for stacks.
- Blue Jays: They project to hit the curveball very well and should come in very low-owned.
- Mariners: 1-7 with Seager being the top play
- Dbacks: Another 1-7 with Carson Kelly being a strong play (one off viable)
- Home Run Predictions:
- Vlad Guerrero
- Shohei Ohtani
- Highest scoring hitter: Shohei Ohtani
- Highest scoring pitcher: Zac Gallen
- Top Value play: Jake Cronenworth
- Player to fade: Kike Herrnandez
- Slate Edge: Trent Grisham