Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheatsheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy, where we will look to build upon all of our 2020 success. Today, I’ll be covering the seven-game main slate, beginning at 1:10 pm.
If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into four sections:
- A cheat sheet with my favorite players at each position and in each tier (based on FD positions/pricing).
- My top pitchers to target on today’s slate.
- My favorite stacks to target and which players I really want to include in them.
- The “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my favorite play (or fade) on the slate, HR predictions, and the players I expect to be the top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 4/8/21 MLB GPP tournaments. This isn’t a list of every player I’ll have, but these are the guys I’ll have the most exposure to in my stacks and “core.” Players may be in here because of their matchup, their ownership, or even as leverage plays off of the chalk pitchers. They will all be included in this core list.
- Jose Berrios – While I’m not expecting a repeat of his first outing, another QS while racking up a K per inning against this K-happy Mariners is a solid investment.
- Lance Lynn – While most have Lynn as the third option amongst the top options, I’m higher on the workhorse Lynn in this matchup with the Royals. Bank on another 95+ pitch outing with solid K ability against this mediocre Royals offense.
- Taijuan Walker – Value tier isn’t good today, but Walker grades out best of the bunch with avg strikeouts in an above avg matchup with the Marlins.
Note: Corbin Burnes is my top arm if the game plays. However, early forecasts are skeptical and calling for rain to arrive in-game. Most upside on the slate, but if an in-game delay comes, he could have a shortened outing.
- Chicago Cubs: 1-7 in play; Contreras top play
- Arizona Diamondbacks: 1-7 in play; Peralta top play
- Boston Red Sox: Full lineup in play vs. the giver of dongs, Matt Harvey: Devers/Verdugo top plays
- Minnesota Twins: 1-8 in play; Cruz top play (I’m personally not playing Garlick)
- Chicago White Sox: Robert and Moncada top plays
Home Run Predictions
- Nelson Cruz
- Rafael Devers
My Highest-Owned Guys
- Highest Scoring Hitter: David Peralta
- Highest Scoring Pitcher: Lance Lynn
- Top Value Play: Rafael Devers
- Player to Fade: Charlie Blackmon
- Slate Edge: Willson Contreras
Hit me up on Twitter @BHealy19 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!