Top plays today for GPPs!
- Max Scherzer – Mad Max is in a great spot today against a righty heavy Mets lineup. The only issue is that you are going to have to pay a pretty penny to get him in your lineup. This is what makes him such a great GPP play because I think the popular choice will be to spend a little less and go with Clevinger.
- Mike Clevinger – With that being said about Max, Clevinger finds himself in a similar spot. He gets a great matchup against Toronto who outside of Smoak im not too worried about. I think he comes in as one of the heaviest owned pitchers on the slate but for good reason. He was lights out in his first start!
- Chris Archer – Archer looked good in his first start against a good Cardinals lineup despite his velocity being down, which leaves me with little concern. Now he’s up against a Reds team who is struggling extremely badly when it comes to scoring runs. I love Archer today and think he handles this lineup with ease.
- Matt Strahm – I went all in on Strahm in his first start and it did not work out well for me. He likes to pitch high in the strike zone and his velocity is not the best. That’s a bad combination when you are missing your spots. I think at his current price on FD he makes for a great punt option just be sure to throw a few hedge stacks in with him because if it goes bad I expect it to go really bad.
STACKS (fav in order)
- MIL- Im in love with the Brewers lineup and I don’t think Hendricks is going to have an answer for them. If they jump on him early (which I think they will) it should be a slugfest against their bullpen.
- HOU – I refuse to believe that Fiers is good. He gives up a lot of hard contact and hardly ever strikes anyone out. Houston has one of the best lineups in baseball and I think they are about to heat up.
- SD – The Padres are my favorite sneaky stack of the day Wainwright looked rough in his first start and if he struggles again today this Padres lineup has some real pop in it and could easily put up 8+ runs.
C: Castillo, Grandal, Hedges
1B: Goldy, Edwin, Thames
2B: Albies, Altuve, Frazier
3B: Machado, Moncada, Shaw, Bregman
SS: Segura, Torres, Tatis, Beckham
OF$$$: (MIL OF), Harper, Judge, Acuna Jr
OF$$: Santana, Springer, Marte, Myers
OF$: Jiminez, Buxton, Camargo, Renfroe
Double Dong: Edwin
4-Hit Game: Machado
Favorite 1-Off Player: Goldy
5%-Owned Dong: Harper
2%-Owned Dong: Marte