DOMINATE today’s DraftKings and FanDuel MLB GPP contests with these pitchers, stacks and one-off players!
Make sure you tune into the Core 4 Livestream at 12pm eastern for the latest news and thoughts leading up to lock!
Tier 1: The Core Pitcher (these are pitchers who will be in majority of my lineups)
- Chris Flexen – From what we saw in the first couple of days, it’s quite clear pitchers are going to be eased into the season, with the longest start across all the games being 6.2 IP (only 11 starters even saw the start of the sixth inning). That means I’m way less likely to be paying up at the top for expensive pitching as it’s tough for them to get there in that short period of time. With all the expensive bats on this slate, I’m going to take a shot on a KBO star coming back to the major leagues. Flexen was a star for the Doosan Bears last year and developed better breaking stuff than the last time he was in the majors. I’m going to bank on the stuff improvement translating and hope he can get me 5-6 IP on this slate for only $6k.
Tier 2: Not Quite Core Pitchers
- Lance Lynn – This slate doesn’t have the world’s best pitching options, and paying $9k for Lance Lynn feels like an overpay, but given the context of the slate, getting a guy who has always gone deep into games is very important. The Angels lineup is solid but not one you expect to just shell a quality pitcher like Lynn. The goal for Lynn is 7 IP of quality start baseball to make him worth the $9k.
- Jose Berrios – Rostering Jose Berrios on the road is quite a frustrating experience on most slates, but Berrios has the highest K upside on the slate, going up against a boom/bust Brewers lineup. There are strikeouts to be had in this lineup, with Hiura, Yelich, Shaw, Navarez and Urias posting K rates over 25%. There is risk here but also potential reward if Berrios has it.
Tier 3: Mass-Multi Entry Pitchers
Don’t really love any of these guys, but these are the candidates.
- Joe Musgrove – Solid floor but way overpriced given what we saw with the quick hook on Yu Darvish/Blake Snell; will have to be super-efficient to pay off this price tag.
- Corbin Burnes – Will be very chalky and had a quick hook in normal times, let alone coming off a pandemic year. I’m very afraid he doesn’t get to five innings, but it’s possible he strikes out nine in those four innings against this watered-down Twins team so hard to completely cross out in mass-multi entry.
Tier 1: The Core Stack
- Los Angeles Dodgers – I HATE recommending chalk, but I’d be doing a disservice here if I didn’t. Jon Gray is better than Antonio Senzatela, but with the quick hook on starters this year, I just don’t have faith that even if Gray does well that the bullpen will be able to hold it together against this powerful lineup. My goal is to play as many of the lefties as I can (hopefully Rios cracks the lineup).
Tier 2: The Not Quite Core Stack
- Chicago White Sox – Alex Cobb in 2021 is not something I expected to be talking about. He’s here pitching on the third day of the season. While Cobb has the wily veteran control thing that works for him sometimes, this White Sox lineup (as we saw last night) can be very explosive. If they aren’t chalk (and it looks like they won’t be), it’s a nice place to go back to.
Tier 3: Mass-Multi Entry Stacks
- San Diego Padres – Padres finally are in a decent spot against Caleb Smith, and they will be the lowest owned they are all season. I’m looking to target Pham, Machado and Tatis at the top of this order to take advantage of Smith’s flyball tendencies.
- Colorado Rockies – As the Rockies showed last night, Coors offenses are never dead. Walker Buehler is a good pitcher, which is why they are a Tier 3 offense. But Coors Field always has upside, especially with the boom/bust power that’s up and down this lineup.
Top Players By Position
- Yermin Mercedes
- Will Smith
- Elias Diaz
- Max Muncy
- C.J. Cron
- Eric Hosmer
- Ryan McMahon
- Gavin Lux
- Keston Hiura
- Edwin Rios
- Manny Machado
- Josh Fuentes
- Yoan Moncada
- Corey Seager
- Fernando Tatis Jr.
- Tim Anderson
- Mookie Betts
- Cody Bellinger
- Andrew Vaughn
- Luis Robert
- Mike Trout
- Tommy Pham
- Wil Myers
- Taylor Trammell
Highest Scoring Hitter: Cody Bellinger
Highest Scoring Pitcher: Lance Lynn
Biggest Bust Hitter: Mike Yastrzemski
Biggest Bust Pitcher: Corbin Burnes
Top Value Play: Andrew Vaughn/Yermin Mercedes
Hit me up on Twitter @TheSeigeDFS or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!