Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheat sheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy, where we will look to build upon all of our 2020 success. Today, I’ll be covering the four-game main slate, beginning at 7:20 pm.
If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into four sections:
- A cheat sheet with my favorite players at each position and in each tier (based on FD positions/pricing).
- My top pitchers to target on today’s slate.
- My favorite stacks to target and which players I really want to include in them.
- The “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my favorite play (or fade) on the slate, HR predictions, and the players I expect to be top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 4/29/21 MLB GPP tournaments. This isn’t a list of every player I’ll have, but these are the guys I’ll have the most exposure to in my stacks and “core.” Players may be in here because of their matchup, their ownership, or even as leverage plays off of the chalk pitchers. They will all be included in this core list.
- Trevor Bauer: Only ace on the slate. Let’s not get cute and outthink ourselves. Lock in Bauer.
- Adbert Alzolay: Only SP that has shown SO upside but comes with tons of risk, facing off with the Braves (who will be the chalk). Command issues of the past have looked better over last three starts. Great leverage play off the ATL bats.
- Antonio Senzatela (DK): Will have to rely on favorable BABIP given his limited strikeout ability, but this ARZ lineup isn’t very strong, especially without Calhoun and Walker. 6-7 innings with minimal damage may score you enough given his price.
- Chicago Cubs: Wrong side of this game is favored. The combination of Wilson and Tomlin sets up for a good spot for the Cubs: 1-8 is in play as the second half of the lineup provides elite value. Heyward is my favorite.
- LA Dodgers: Arguably, they are a top stack every night given the talent. Assuming they get a nice early lead against Lauer, they won’t see the elite BP arms from the Brew. RHH profile best, but given this, we will want to mix in the LHH for the at-bats against the bullpen.
- Texas Rangers: Will have balls in play all night vs. Perez and will have to avoid inning crushing double plays. Solak and Garcia are my top options.
- Rockies: Luke Weaver is an average at best SP who continues to give up lots of hard contact with a fly ball lean. McMahon and Cron are my top targets with a full 1-8 in play.
Home Run Predictions
- Will Smith
- Anthony Rizzo
My Highest-Owned Guys
- Highest Scoring Hitter: Mookie Betts
- Highest Scoring Pitcher: Trevor Bauer
- Top Value Play: Will Smith
- Player to Fade: Marcell Ozuna
- Slate Edge: Anthony Rizzo
Hit me up on Twitter @BHealy19 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!