Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheat sheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy, where we will look to build upon all of our 2020 success. Today, I’ll be covering the 13-game main slate, beginning at 7:05 pm.
If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into four sections:
- A cheat sheet with my favorite players at each position and in each tier (based on FD positions/pricing).
- My top pitchers to target on today’s slate.
- My favorite stacks to target and which players I really want to include in them.
- The “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my favorite play (or fade) on the slate, HR predictions, and the players I expect to be top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 4/27/21 MLB GPP tournaments. This isn’t a list of every player I’ll have, but these are the guys I’ll have the most exposure to in my stacks and “core.” Players may be in here because of their matchup, their ownership, or even as leverage plays off of the chalk pitchers. They will all be included in this core list.
- Lucas Giolito: Let’s throw the last start out the window as a true outlier. He didn’t appear to lose any velocity, just extremely unlucky. You get a nice discount off Scherzer and a far better matchup and more win equity.
- Cristian Javier: Only arm on the slate that has shown > 30% k rate. Has a solid matchup for strikeouts against free-swinging M’s.
- Frankie Montas: Has been roughed up in two difficult matchups and excelled against lesser opponents. His command remains solid while limiting the hard contact. The Rays come loaded with a few K’s, and for his price, he is my value tier arm tonight.
- Others to consider: Ian Anderson & Daniel Castano
- Padres: Dream matchup against Kelly tonight, who throws strikes and gets hit extremely hard by both sides of the plate. We should see a few longballs. 1-8 in play. Tatis and Grisham are my favorites.
- Mets: Facing off with Richards, who is a fairly predictable two-pitch pony. The Mets profile extremely well vs. his slider. 1-8 in play.
- Giants: Going right back to these guys again tonight in a great matchup against Chi Chi. Belt and Dickerson are my favorites, but 1-7 all in play for stacks.
- White Sox: While the LHH are preferred in terms of matchup, Urena is nothing special against RHH, so taking the power RHH hitters within stacks is how to play them.
- Phillies: Some have been waiting for the CMart breakout for years. It’s just not happening; he isn’t good. While the Phils let some down yesterday (outside of Rhys), I’m going back to them against an overrated Carlos Martinez. Harper is my top play from PHL, who I will build around in stacks. Note on FD, the position eligibility makes it nearly impossible to stack them.
Since it is such a massive slate, I’ll give you the next three to consider for those who run more than a few teams:
Home Run Predictions
- Pete Alonso
- Brandon Belt
My Highest-Owned Guys
- Highest Scoring Hitter: Fernando Tatis
- Highest Scoring Pitcher: Lucas Giolito
- Top Value Play: Brandon Belt
- Player to Fade: Stanton – I’m personally fading the Yanks in my builds tonight based on their projected ownership and sluggish start to the season.
- Slate Edge: Trent Grisham
Hit me up on Twitter @BHealy19 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!