Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheat sheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy, where we will look to build upon all of our 2020 success. Today, I’ll be covering the eight-game main slate, beginning at 7:05 pm.
If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into four sections:
- A cheat sheet with my favorite players at each position and in each tier (based on FD positions/pricing).
- My top pitchers to target on today’s slate.
- My favorite stacks to target and which players I really want to include in them.
- The “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my favorite play (or fade) on the slate, HR predictions, and the players I expect to be top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 4/20/21 MLB GPP tournaments. This isn’t a list of every player I’ll have, but these are the guys I’ll have the most exposure to in my stacks and “core.” Players may be in here because of their matchup, their ownership, or even as leverage plays off of the chalk pitchers. They will all be included in this core list.
- Corbin Burnes: Clear ace of the slate despite matchup with Padres. He has yet to walk a batter and sports an unsustainable 48% K rate through his first three starts of the year.
- Zack Wheeler: Wheeler has always been a better real-life pitcher than DFS target for me, but he is best of the bunch as we step down from Burnes. Avg strikeouts who limits hard contact and mitigates big damage.
- Tajuan Walker: Very favorable pitching conditions against a Cubs team bottom 5 in hard hit rate vs. RHP.
- Chris Paddack: At his reduced FD price against strikeout happy Brewers, I’m willing to take some shots in tournaments.
- Rockies: While most flock to the Astros, I’m far more interested in the Rockies side tonight, facing off with Luis Garcia. In our limited MLB sample, he has struggled with control, lacked strikeouts, and allows fly balls. Story, Blackmon and Cron are top options.
- Phillies: They let some folks down last night but get a far better matchup with an avg Logan Webb, who is coming back off some covid vaccine side effects. Target the fly ball hitters – Harper, Hoskins – and my favorite, if in the lineup, is Didi Gregorius.
- Nationals: Lefties are who we want vs. Waino. Soto is up there for top play of the night.
- Blue Jays: Erod not typically a SP to pick on, but the Jays do profile well, and he likely only goes 5 innings/80 pitches. Vlad, Bichette and Gurriel are my favorite targets, while 1-9 all in play.
Home Run Predictions
- CJ Cron
- Juan Soto
My Highest-Owned Guys
- Highest Scoring Hitter: Trevor Story
- Highest Scoring Pitcher: Corbin Burnes
- Top Value Play: Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
- Player to Fade: Alex Bregman
- Slate Edge: Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
Hit me up on Twitter @BHealy19 or visit the MLB Chat Room with any lineup questions!