Brian Healy’s favorite pitchers, stacks & one-off players for your MLB GPP lineups on tonight’s DFS playoff slates!
Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheatsheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy where we will look to build upon all of our 2019 success. Today I’ll be covering the two game main slate beginning at 6:05 pm.
If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into the following three sections:
- A cheat sheet with three tiers of players (each pricing tier based on FD positions/Pricing).
- My favorite stacks to target and which players in said stacks I prefer
- Lastly, my “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my edge play/fade of the slate, top HR picks, and the players I expect to be the top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 10/14/20 MLB GPP’s. This isn’t a list of every player I will have but rather the top guys I am including in my stacks/core, whether it be as a matchup based play, ownership based play, or even a leverage play they will all be included in this core list.
- Zach Greinke
- Facing the highest strikeout team on the slate the veteran Greinke is primed for a slate winning performance. The Rays likely get left handed and Greinke’s K rate increases 12% to the handiness while generating groundballs at a much higher rate.
- Tyler Glasnow
- The most talented arm on the slate but a very tough matchup for strikeouts. If he can keep his command in check (9.2 BB%) he should rack up a few strikeouts which could land him as the top scoring SP on the slate.
- Julio Urias
- SP2 viable on DK given the braves swing and miss bats in the lineup. The challenge is when there is contact, it’s hard and in the air. Globelife park has killed lots of flyballs all season which should save Urias and make him viable for gpps.
- LA Dodgers
- Down 2-0 it is essentially now or never for the Dodgers who have struggled to generate runs. Their patient approach at the plate will pay off against wild Kyle Wright, which will lead to the RBI opportunities we are looking for. Top Bats: Betts, Belli, Muncy and Smith
- Houston Astros
- Despite being down 3-0 in the series, the Astros have consistently had runners on the base paths. They have stranded 10+ runners in each of the three games. A few timely hits and this series looks much different. Great leverage spot today against the SP chalk that has had moments of inconsistency. The standout bats for me today are Tucker, Bregman and Springer.
- Atlanta Braves
- I’ve never seen a team run so pure, but here we stand. The Braves are once again in a spot to score runs against Urias who will be on a 75-90 pitch limit. He gives up way too many fly balls and HC to complete shutout this offense. Top Bats: d’Arnaud, Ozuna, Acuna,
- TB Rays
- Not looking to stack the rays tonight but given it is a two game slate, playing 1-2 Rays for HR upside is where my interest lies. Manuel MarGoat is my preferred option with Randy Arozarena second.
- Home Run Predictions:
- Kyle Tucker
- Cody Bellinger
- Highest scoring hitter: Mookie Betts
- Highest scoring pitcher: Zack Greinke
- Top Value play: Will Smith
- Player to fade: Austin Meadows
- Slate Edge: George Springer