Our man Brian Healy’s favorite MLB GPP pitchers, stacks, and one-off players for your lineups on today’s DraftKings and FanDuel DFS slates!
Excited to bring back my MLB GPP cheatsheet over to the team at Elite Fantasy where we will look to build upon all of our 2020 success. Today I’ll be covering the 6 game main slate beginning at 7:05 pm. If you’re not familiar with this piece, it will be broken down into the following three sections:
- A cheat sheet with three tiers of players (each pricing tier based on FD positions/Pricing).
- My favorite stacks to target and which players in said stacks I prefer.
- Lastly, my “Today’s Edge” section, which covers my edge play/fade of the slate, top HR picks, and the players I expect to be the top performers.
I’m here to give you the players to consider for your 4/19/20 MLB GPP’s. This isn’t a list of every player I will have but rather the top guys I am including in my stacks/core, whether it be as a matchup based play, ownership based play, or even a leverage play they will all be included in this core list.
- Joe Musgrove: Milwaukee won’t have a projected batter in their lineup with a sub 23% k rate. I like the floor he offers given you are paying a premium.
- Dylan Bundy: Another juicy matchup is Bundy againt the K happy Rangers team. He has shown great improvement in his splits vs LHH since 2020 and should only continue here against a Rangers team that struggles against the slider.
- Kevin Gausman (DK): Some risk with this play given the hitter’s park and power throughout the Philly lineup but Gausman has been really great outside of the first inning last start vs the Reds.
- Josh Fleming (FD): If you can’t get into the 9k’s at SP, I’d look to Josh Fleming, who won’t generate many K’s but will get ground balls and quick innings. He will get you another 2-3 bats with the savings.
- LA Dodgers: We can nearly make a case to stack these guys every single night. With limited hitting options and other offenses projecting similar in terms of ownership give me the Dodgers #1. They also get DH spot for another bat 1-9 in play. Turner and Smith are my favorites.
- Seattle Mariners: Off the board stack of the night offers us fantastic leverage off a somewhat popular pitcher. Looking at the lefties here against May. Seager being my favorite.
- SF Giants: Chase Anderson historical reverse splits bring entire Giants linup into play. I prefer the power of Yastrzemski and Dickerson while mixing in a RHH or two.
- LA Angels: Facing a SP that can’t generate swinging strikes and relies on balls in play outs. Low walks is all he has going for him which will likely lead to me looking at the power bats and not necessarily correlating consecutive batters.
- Home Run Predictions:
- Mike Yastrzemski
- Jared Walsh
- Highest scoring hitter: Mike Trout
- Highest scoring pitcher: Dylan Bundy
- Top Value play: Jose Marmolejos
- Player to fade: Matt Carpenter
- Slate Edge: Jose Marmolejos