We will post our DFS MLB Content Schedule here at the top of the article. We will update it with links to each piece when it is LIVE so check back throughout the day:
UPDATES : OF Trent Gresham, OF Seth Brown
Cash Game Breakdown – The article you are currently reading.
Bullpen Coach – Full breakdown of everything you need to know about each team’s bullpen.
Hitting Coach – A deep dive about the top hitters & fades for today’s MLB slate.
Pitching Coach – In-depth breakdown of today’s starting pitchers
DFS MLB Cheatsheet – A quick guide to the top plays at each position and salary level.
GPP Writeup – Using experience, game theory & advanced stats to uncover low owned stars.
MLB Now Livestream – Daily video show breaking down the players, matchups & slate.
MLB Summary – A quick summary of the articles, shows & coaching sessions from today.
Today’s Coaching Sessions
All sessions take place in the MLB Chat Room
- Bullpen Coach (Phil Backert) – 9am ET
- Hitting Coach (Vlad Sedler) – 11am ET
- Pitching Coach (DraftCheat) – 12pm ET
Also Be Sure To Bookmark:
There are 8 games on the slate for Monday. We have quite a few good pitching options for a smaller slate which leads to less pitchers to target. There are a few positions that a bit rough when it comes to finding quality affordable options. I will update some value options as we get closer to roster lock as needed.
It is a good night for baseball with no weather issues.
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center
1. New York Mets -230
2. Milwaukee Brewers -191
3. Houston Astros -175
4. San Francisco Giants -155
5. Cleveland Indians -152
Highest Run Expectancy
1. Houston Astros 5.47
2. Milwaukee Brewers 4.85
3. Boston Red Sox 4.80
4. New York Yankees 4.70
5. Cleveland Indians 4.64
Lowest Run Expectancy
1. Arizona Diamondbacks 2.91
2. Pittsburgh Pirates 3.48
3. Miami Marlins 3.65
4. San Diego Padres 3.80
5. Los Angeles Angels 3.86
Today's Pitchers Grid
|Max Scherzer||- - -||179.10||2.46||0.247||2.97||3.24||2.90||33.50||18.20||48.30||64.10%||43.50%||34.10||15.90%||50.30%||5.20||68.50%||33.70%||84.30||17.00%||48.40%||34.50%||1.15||46.70%||94.50||8.20|
TODAY’S BEST PITCHERS
1) Jacob deGrom, RHP, Mets ($10,600 FD & $11,200 DK) – The Diamondbacks essentially have one real threatening bat in their entire lineup in Ketel Marte. deGrom is 2nd in xFIP, highest K% rate and highest swinging strike rate of all the pitches on the slate. He has gone 7 innings in 8 of his last 9 starts and is priced down slighlty because he has given up 4 runs in each of his last two starts.
2) Madison Bumgarner, LHP, Giants ($9,000 FD & $9,200 DK) – The Pirates don’t strikeout much but have the 3rd lowest ISO and 2nd lowest wOBA vs. LHP over the last month. AT&T park continues to be one of the best pitching parks in the league. Bumgarner has allowed just 2 runs over his last 3 home starts and allowed just a .252 wOBA at home this season.
3) Jordan Lyles, RHP, Brewers ($8,400 FD & $8,200 DK) – The Marlins have 5th highest K% rate, lowest ISO and 7th lowest wOBA vs. RHP over the last month. Lyles has a 2.56 ERA with a 1.08 WHIP since joining the Brewers. The last 30 days xFIP hints at some regression in the near future but I don’t see it happening this time out. He still has a respectable K% rate and swinging strike rate over the last month.
4) Kyle Hendricks, RHP, Cubs ($8,500 FD & $8,800 DK) – The Padres have the 3rd highest K% rate, 2nd lowest ISO and lowest wOBA vs. RHP over the last month. This is something we have been attacking since the sparkplug of their lineup Fernando Tatis went down with an injury. If Hendricks was at home, this would be a lockdown play but he has some problems on the road at times.
5) Trevor Williams, RHP, Pirates ($8,000 FD & $6,300 DK) – This is a Draftkings specific play. The last 3 starts have been much better after a rough run. Williams has thrown at least 6 innings in those starts allowing just 5 total runs. The Giants have the 2nd lowest wOBA and the 7th lowest ISO vs. RHP over the last month so you don’t need much to pay off the salary.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
1) Citizens Bank Ballpark – 17.3% HR’s above average
2) Minute Maid Park – 11.8% HR’s above average
3) Angel Stadium – 10.3% HR’s above average
PITCHERS TO TARGET AGAINST
1) Robert Duggar, RHP, Marlins – 6.14 xFIP, .354 wOBA vs. LHH
2) Trevor Williams, RHP, Pirates – 5.18 xFIP, .383 wOBA vs. LHH, 6.12 xFIP in the last 30 days
3) Merrill Kelly, RHP, Diamondbacks – 4.68 xFIP, .345 wOBA vs. RHH
4) Cal Quantrill, RHP, Padres – 4.61 xFIP, .352 wOBA, 4.90 xFIP in the last 30 days
5) Patrick Sandoval, LHP, Angels – 5.71 ERA, 1.78 WHIP in the minors
(click on link above)
We have a stolen base target tool on the site. I strongly recommend looking it over in order to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player is to steal tonight.
HOT STREAKS (Hottest Hitters at Each Position)
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||161||698||48||123||111||4||12.3||15.80||0.290||0.313||0.311||0.401||0.601||0.419||166|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||82||360||24||72||52||17||13.6||23.60||0.313||0.311||0.283||0.394||0.596||0.412||157|
|16||Frank Schwindel||- - -||64||259||14||44||43||2||6.2||15.80||0.264||0.348||0.326||0.371||0.591||0.403||152|
|17||Fernando Tatis Jr.||SDP||130||546||42||99||97||25||11.4||28.00||0.328||0.324||0.282||0.364||0.611||0.403||156|
|22||Kyle Schwarber||- - -||113||471||32||76||71||1||13.6||27.00||0.288||0.306||0.266||0.374||0.554||0.392||145|
BATTER VS. PITCHER
1B – Yuli Gurriel – Astros
2B -Gleyber Torres – Yankees
3B – Josh Donaldson – Braves, Gio Urshela – Yankees
OF- JD Martinez – Red Sox, Mookie Betts – Red Sox, Bryce Harper – Phillies, Adam Duvall – Braves
For More BvP info check out our BvP Matchup Page
OVERALL HITTER RANKINGS
1) Yasmani Grandal – Brewers
2) Wilson Contreras – Cubs
3) JT Realmuto – Phillies
4) Rafael Perez – Indians
Grandal has a .385 wOBA over his last 25 games. Contreras has a.383 wOBA vs. RHP. Realmuto has a .425 wOBA over his last 25 games but is expensive. Perez has a .246 ISO vs. LHP and Sandoval is due for regression.
1) Eric Thames – Brewers
2) Anthony Rizzo – Cubs
3) Pete Alonso – Mets
4) Carlos Santana – Indians
5) Sam Travis – Red Sox
Thames has a .423 wOBA over his last 23 games. Rizzo has a .436 wOBA over his last 21 games. Alonso has a .391 wOBA vs. RHP and Santana has a .411 wOBA vs. LHP. Travis gives you a value option.
1) David Bote – Cubs
2) Jurickson Profar – A’s
3) Ben Zobrist – Cubs
4) Ketel Marte – Diamondbacks
There are not many options at 2B on his slate. With the injuries for the Cubs, Bote will make the lineup and has a .556 wOBA over his las 10 games. Profar has a .445 wOBA over his last 22 games. Zobrist is 2B eligible on DK and has been hitting lead-off. Marte has .466 wOBA over his last 23 games and is the hottest hitting 2b right now but is in a tough match-up.
1) Josh Donaldson – Braves
2) DJ Lemahieu – Yankees
3) Kris Bryant – Cubs
4) Travis Shaw – Brewers
5) JD Davis – Mets
Donaldson is red hot as of late and has BvP. Lemahieu has a .468 wOBA vs. LHP. Bryant has been dealing with a sore knee but should return to the lineup vs. a pitcher who has allowed 16 runs in his last 2 starts. Shaw is a value play who hit in the minors but struggled in the majors this season. Davis has a .444 wOBA at home and only eligible at 3B on DK.
1) Alex Bregman – Astros
2) Xander Bogaerts – Red Sox
3) Francisco Lindor – Indians
4) Corey Spangenberg – Brewers
This is slate is a mess at several positions. None of the good shortstops are cheap. Bregman has a .493 wOBA over his last 26 games and one of the hottest hitters in baseball. Bogaerts has a .421 wOBA at home. Lindor will be leading off against Sandoval who I want to attack. Spangenberg is SS eligible on DK. We will see how lineups come out but there is no real good option on FanDuel that is cheap.
1) JD Martinez – Red Sox
2) Michael Conforto – Mets
3) Aaron Judge – Yankees
4) Jeff McNeil – Mets
5) Christian Yelich – Brewers
6) Bryce Harper – Phillies
7) Mookie Betts – Red Sox
8) JD Davis – Mets
9) Franmil Reyes – Indians
10) Jordan Luplow – Indians
11) Ryan Braun – Brewers
12) Wil Myers -Padres
13) Ben Zobrist- – Cubs
14) Nick Castellanos – Cubs
15) Yordan Alvarez – Astros
When it comes to Draftkings, several of these guys have multiple position eligibility so you can use some of them at different positions. Martinez has a .544 wOBA vs. LHP and good BvP. Conforto and McNeil both have good numbers vs. RHP. Judge has a .452 wOBA vs. LHP. Harper is questionable but has a .428 wOBA over his last 22 games. Betts has BvP and a .436 wOBA over his last 24 games. Most of the rest of the list gives you some affordable options in good spots.