Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in today’s MLB Cash Game contests!
Lineup Coaching Sessions
Hop in the MLB chat room for help with your lineup building.
Wednesday, September 9th
There are nine games on the main slate with some expensive pitching. The good news is we have value to pay up for that pitching. 2020 has been a weird year, considering I would never expect to be invested in Marlins, Giants, Mariners and even some Orioles bats in DFS. It is a crazy time.
Cincinnati Reds @ Chicago Cubs will have cold temps and the wind blowing in – a great night for pitchers.
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
No run line on the CIN/CHI due to the weather. No odds CWS/PIT, SEA/SF and NYM/BAL at time of posting
- Los Angeles Dodgers -260
- San Diego Padres -180
- Oakland A’s -166
- Chicago Cubs -160
- Atlanta Braves -138
Highest Run Expectancy
- Los Angeles Dodgers – 5.48
- San Diego Padres – 5.2
- Oakland A’s – 5.08
- Atlanta Braves – 4.88
- Los Angeles Angels – 4.81
Lowest Run Expectancy
- Arizona Diamondbacks – 3.52
- Colorado Rockies – 3.80
- Houston Astros – 3.92
- Miami Marlins 4.12
Today’s Best Pitchers
1) Yu Darvish, RHP, Cubs (DK $11,500 & FD $11,500) – He has seven straight starts of allowing just one run or less after a rough first start of the year. Darvish has a 15.5% swinging strike rate, a 33% K rate and a 2.60 xFIP. The Reds have the third-highest K% rate over the last two weeks, and the wind will be blowing at Wrigley, making hitting exceedingly difficult.
2) Trevor Bauer, RHP, Reds (DK $10,800 & FD $10,900) – He has a 35.9% K rate, and the Cubs have the third-highest K% rate vs. RHP. Bauer does give up some homers, but as I mentioned with Darvish, it will be hard to get one out of Wrigley. We saw the Cubs strikeout 10 times vs. Mahle last night, and with some better defense, they may not have scored in that game. It is an expensive pairing but doable on this slate.
3) Clayton Kershaw, LHP, Dodgers (DK $10,500 & FD $11,000) – The Diamondbacks are last in ISO and wOBA vs. LHP this season. Kershaw has two starts already this year vs. Arizona, allowing zero runs with 14 K’s over 11 2/3 innings. It is a tough call between Bauer and Kershaw for me. With Kershaw, you do get a much better chance at the win. The weather and higher pitch count allowance might be tiebreakers between the two.
4) Zach Davies, RHP, Padres (DK $8,700 & FD $9,000) – On most slates, Davies would be higher because of the cheaper price than the top guys. He has excelled with San Diego with more trust from the coaches allowing him to go deeper into games and the run support. Davies also has great numbers vs. current Rockies hitters. Colorado continues to struggle on the road with the third-lowest ISO and fourth-lowest wOBA.
5) Dane Dunning, RHP, White Sox (DK $6,500 & FD $7,700) – It would not surprise me to see Dunning chalk once again on this slate even after disappointing in his last start. People will want to get savings on DraftKings to get more bats. I cannot argue with that but feel there is plenty of good value on this slate; I will likely pay up. The Pirates are last in wOBA and ISO vs. RHP, and Dunning has shown strikeout ability. He is still inexperienced, so there is risk for another rough outing like last time out vs. a weak Royals team.
Pitchers to Target Against
- Tyler Anderson, LHP, Giants – All Mariners Hitters
- Julio Teheran, RHP, Angels – LHH Rangers Hitters
- Rick Porcello, RHP, Mets – RHH Orioles Hitters
- Jorge Lopez, RHP, Orioles – All Mets Hitters
- Kyle Cody, RHP, Rangers – All Angels Hitters
- Tommy Milone, LHP, Braves – RHH Marlins Hitters
- Taylor Clarke, RHP, Diamondbacks – All Dodgers Hitters
Worst Bullpens on the Slate (Last Two Weeks)
- Seattle Mariners
- Miami Marlins
- New York Mets
- Colorado Rockies
- Texas Rangers
Batter vs. Pitcher
1B – Christian Walker (ARZ) 7-16 with 4 HR’s vs. Kershaw
1B – Anthony Rizzo (CHC) 6-13 with 2 HR’s vs. Bauer
OF – Ronald Acuna (ATL) 4-11 with 2 HR’s vs. Lopez
OF – Wil Myers (SD) 9-23 with 2 HR’s vs. Senzatela
OF – Aristides Aquino (CIN) 2-5 with 2 HR’s vs. Darvish
For More BvP info, check out our BvP Matchup Page.
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Will Smith – Dodgers (DK $4,400)
- Yasmani Grandal – White Sox (DK $5,400 & FD $2,900)
- Tyler Flowers – Braves (DK $3,900)
- Pedro Severino – Orioles (DK $4,600)
- Max Stassi – Angels (DK $2,700)
There are decent options at catcher, but it will be tough to pay up for them with the quality high-end pitching. Smith and the Dodgers should score some runs against the Diamondbacks. Grandal is awfully expensive on DK but is one of the few catchers I would play on FD. The Braves catchers continue to hit, so Flowers or even d’Arnaud is in play. Stassi should start most games for the Angels going forward and is probably the likely play tonight because of his value against a bad pitcher.
- Austin Slater – Giants (FD $2,500)
- Garrett Cooper – Marlins (DK $3,500 & FD $2,700)
- Ty France – Mariners (DK $4,000 & FD $2,700)
- Yuli Gurriel – Astros (DK $3,500 & FD $2,800)
- Mitch Moreland – Padres (DK $3,800 & FD $2,900)
This is a great spot to find value to pay up for pitching. The names at the top here are not what you would have expected. Slater leads off against a HR prone pitcher. Cooper homered last night, and Milone also gives up HR’s. France has been great vs. LHP, and so has Gurriel. Moreland has not done much since getting to San Diego but has to be due.
- Donovan Solano – Giants (DK $4,300 & FD $2,500)
- Wilmer Flores – Giants (DK $4,100 & FD $2,900)
- Jake Cronenworth – Padres (DK $4,000 & FD $3,000)
- Jeff McNeil – Mets (DK $3,500)
- Max Muncy – Dodgers (FD $3,600)
- Dylan Moore – Mariners (DK $3,500)
Solano is coming off a big Thursday and has been great all year (not sure how). Flores always in play vs. LHP. Cronenworth has well over a .430 wOBA vs. RHP. McNeil’s bat has finally started to get going the last two weeks. Muncy is 1B/3B on DK though expensive but 2B on FD. Moore is eligible at 2B/OF and 3B on FD.
- Alex Bregman – Astros (DK $4,800 & FD $3,500)
- Evan Longoria – Giants (DK $4,400 & FD $2,800)
- Brian Anderson – Marlins (DK $3,600 & FD $2,700)
- Anthony Rendon – Angels (DK $5,200 & FD $4,000)
- Manny Machado – Padres (DK $5,600 & FD $3,900)
Bregman has always been great vs. LHP and gets a reduced price after spending time on the IL. Longoria is questionable but another Giants bat that I like. Anderson is the best value on DK if you need to spend down. Rendon and Machado are in great spots if you have extra salary.
- Carlos Correa – Astros (DK $4,100 & FD $2,900)
- Corey Seager – Dodgers (DK $5,700 & FD $4,000)
- Fernando Tatis – Padres (DK $5,900 & FD $4,600)
- Miguel Rojas – Marlins (DK $3,900 & FD $3,000)
Both Seager and Tatis have been great this season, but they are expensive. Correa, who has just under a .400 wOBA vs. LHP, has a nice mid-tier price on both sites. Rojas has been red hot the last two weeks and great numbers in limited AB’s vs. LHP. You cannot use him if he’s at the bottom of the lineup.
- Mike Trout – Angels (DK $5,900 & FD $4,700)
- Ronald Acuna – Braves (DK $5,700 & FD $4,400)
- Cody Bellinger – Dodgers (DK $6,200 & FD $4,100)
- Mookie Betts – Dodgers (DK $6,000 & FD $4,500)
- Kyle Lewis – Mariners (DK $5,100 & FD $3,700)
- Mike Yastrzemski – Giants (DK $5,500 & FD $3,600)
This group needs little explanation. Trout is the clear cut #1 if you are paying up.
- Austin Slater – Giants (DK $3,700)
- Wil Myers – Padres (DK $4,100 & FD $3,100)
- Mets OF – See Notes
- Ryan Mountcastle – Orioles (DK $3,600)
- Starling Marte – Marlins (DK $5,400 & FD $3,000)
- AJ Pollock – Dodgers (DK $4,400 & FD $3,000)
- Joey Gallo – Rangers (DK $3,800 & FD $3,300)
Slater is only OF on DK. Myers will probably get more attention after two homers last night. Mets OF is all in play. Conforto is the best one on FD, while Smith is better on DK. Nimmo is slightly cheaper than both on each site if you need to save a few. Mountcastle is living up to the hype so far. Marte is only a FD play. Pollock seems to have settled into the third spot in the order with Turner out. Gallo isn’t a true cash play but feels like he is due to hit a couple of HRs.
- DJ Stewart – Orioles (DK $2,000 & FD $2,400)
- Philip Ervin – Mariners (DK $3,000 & FD $2,100)
- Darin Ruf – Giants (DK $2,300 & FD $2,100)
Stewart has homered in three straight games and is still min price on DK. Ervin has always been a favorite of mine vs. LHP so hopefully being with Seattle he is not subbed out vs. an RHP. Ruf has the same issue despite that he has been great vs. RHP this season in limited AB’s.
Check back for updates
P – Yu Darvish
OF – DJ Stewart
1B – Garrett Cooper
SS – Carlos Correa
P – Yu Darvish
OF – AJ Pollock
2B – Donovan Solano
SS – Carlos Correa