Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in today’s MLB Cash Game contests!
Lineup Coaching Sessions
Hop in the MLB chat room for help with your lineup building.
Tuesday, September 8th
Tonight, we have nine games slated to start at 7:05pm EST. The slate has a few decent pitching options, and on DK, the bats are priced very tight. The Mets and Padres have the top pitching matchup against two weak pitchers. There are a few areas to take advantage of for this week with the pricing on FD especially. Also, I have a few SuperDraft options that will help your builds on that site. They have you pick two pitchers and six bats. You can find some interesting teams with the multiplier, making almost every bat an option. Well, let’s get into it!
Some rain expected in areas. Monitor as needed.
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
- LA Dodgers -233
- San Diego -222
- NY Mets -179
- SF Giants -155
Highest Run Expectancy
- LA Dodgers – 5.6
- San Diego – 5.5
- NY Mets – 5.5
- Chicago (AL) – 5.2
- SF Giants – 5.1
Lowest Run Expectancy
- Arizona – 3.6
- Colorado – 3.6
- Texas – 3.9
- Seattle – 4
Today’s Best Pitching Options
- Andrew Heaney, LHP, Angels (DK $9,600, FD $9,200) – He will be one of the more popular options today. He has a 26% K rate and an amazing 0.41HR/9. The new ballpark has yielded the least amount of homers this season. This Rangers team has a 25.8% K rate and a .132 ISO against LHPs.
- Walker Buehler, RHP, Dodgers (DK $10,200, FD $10,400) – As the top priced pitcher on the small slate, Buehler makes fitting the big bats harder, obviously. He has a 28.1% K with a 10.2K/9. The matchup against the Diamondbacks is one he is very familiar with in his short career. He has a 29.7% K%, a .196 BAA and an xwOBA of 0.289.
- Dylan Cease, RHP, White Sox (DK $8,700, FD $8,400) – Cease has a matchup against the weakest offensive team in MLB with a .116 ISO against RHPs. The Pirates have a 24.7% K rate. In the last two weeks, it jumps to 27.5%, the 2nd highest overall against both sides of the plate. Cease’s K% isn’t one to be excited about at 15.8%, but with the matchup, there’s upside with a safe floor.
- Sixto Sanchez, RHP, Marlins (DK $6,200, FD $9,000) – I don’t get this one. Yes, the matchup isn’t the best against the Braves, but his DK price tag is ridiculous. Sanchez seems to be the next great Marlins pitcher with his 26.8% K rate, a 1.4% BB% and a 2.65 xFIP since debuting.
- Spencer Turnbull, RHP, Tigers (DK $8,500, FD $7,600) – For value on FD, I would look to Turnbull today in this matchup. He has limited the long ball at 0.25 HR/9 and holds a 20% K rate on the season. The Brewers have struggled badly against RHPs, with a 27.6% K rate and a .144 ISO.
Top SuperDraft Options (MULTIPLIER)
- Sixto Sanchez 1.9x
- Dylan Cease 1.9x
- Logan Webb 1.9x
Pitchers To Target Against
- Chi Chi Gonzalez, RHP, Colorado: 2.00 HR/9, 4.67 xFIP, 46.2% HC
- John Means, LHP, Orioles: 3.60 HR/9, 6.06 xFIP, 38% HC
- Joe Musgrove, RHP, Pirates: 2.04 HR/9, 4.47 xFIP, 30% HC
- Luke Weaver, RHP, Diamondbacks: 2.20 HR/9, 4.59 xFIP, 45% HC
Batter vs. Pitcher (min 10 PAs)
1B – Edwin Encarnacion (CWS), Jose Martinez (CHC), Christian Walker (ARI)
2B – Ketel Marte (ARI)
SS – Didi Gregorius (PHI), Andrelton Simmons (LAA)
OF – Nomar Mazara (CWS), Andrew McCutchen (PHI), Kyle Schwarber (CHC), AJ Pollock (LAD)
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Wilson Ramos (NYM) (DK $4,400)
- Yasmani Grandal (CWS) (DK $5,000)
- Willson Contreras (CHC) (DK $4,700)
- Will Smith (LAD) (DK $4,000)
Catchers, today, are just going to be on DK with the requirement. The slate is so big on FD that using the C/1B will be very difficult with so many 1B options. Also on this slate, you can punt depending on lineups.
- Jose Abreu (CWS) (DK $5,300, FD $3,800)
- Brandon Belt (SF) (DK $3,800, FD $3,100)
- Mitch Moreland (SD) (DK $4,100, FD $2,900)
- Edwin Encarnacion (CWS) (DK $4,400, FD $2,900)
With DK multiple position setup, nine first baseman above $4,000 are eligible at another spot. That makes using a solely 1B and possibly being able to use a stud elsewhere. Abreu’s price has skyrocketed after his surge in late August. Today, he faces Joe Musgrove (see above) and his FD is fair compared to the rest of the options. Belt is the value option on DK. Moreland will have a weak RHP on the mound, and Edwin is the BVP option.
- Keston Hiura (MIL) (DK $5,100, FD $3,700)
- Wilmer Flores (SF) (DK $4,600, FD $2,900)
- Mike Moustakas (CIN) (DK $4,900, FD $2,600)
- Jake Cronenworth (SD) (DK $4,300, FD $3,100)
Hiura against a power RHP; he has a .230 ISO against them. He has four homers in six games. Flores has hit safely in nine of the last ten games. Moose is hitting RHPs to the likes of a .259 ISO. Like most of the Padres tonight, Cronenworth gets the split advantage. Still maintains a plus .330 BA.
- Manny Machado (SD) (DK $5,800, FD $4,000)
- Rio Ruiz (BAL) (DK $4,400, FD $3,100)
- Yoan Moncada (CWS) (DK $5,000, FD $3,400)
- Todd Frazier (NYM) (DK $3,500, FD $2,600)
Again, the Padres lead the way with Manny against a weak pitcher. Ruiz has a .165 ISO against RHP. Moncada faces Musgrove, and he holds a .222 ISO against RHP. Frazier is the value option on the slate, and over his career, he’s always been an LHP killer. This season, he has a .249 ISO against LHP.
- Corey Seager (LAD) (DK $5,500, FD $3,700)
- Tim Anderson (CWS) (DK $5,600, FD $4,000)
- Fernando Tatis (SD) (DK $6,000, FD $4,600)
- Javy Baez (CHC) (DK $4,800, FD $3,100)
Shortstop is a powerhouse today, and it’s very hard to pass up on the top-priced players tonight. Seager’s FD price is ideal for his matchup and has upside today against Weaver. Anderson and Tatis have been some of the hottest bats since August. Baez has seen some success off Mahle. He has a .214 ISO against RHPs.
- Cody Bellinger (LAD) (DK $5,800, FD $4,300)
- Mookie Betts (LAD) (DK $6,000, FD $4,500)
- Mike Trout (LAA) (DK $6,100, FD $4,700)
- Christian Yelich (MIL) (DK $5,300, FD $4,200)
- Kyle Schwarzer (CHC) (DK $4,600, FD $3,300)
- Eloy Jimenez (CWS) (DK $4,900, FD $3,400)
- Austin Slater (SF) (DK $4,200, FD $4,200)
- AJ Pollock (LAD) (DK $4,100, FD $3,000)
- Mike Yastrzemski (SF) (DK $5,900, FD $3,700)
- Nick Castellanos (CIN) (DK $4,900, FD $3,400)
- Ben Gamel (MIL) (DK $2,300, FD $2,300)
- Trent Grisham (SD) (DK $5,000, FD $3,200)
- Ian Happ (CHC) (DK $4,700, FD $3,500)
- J.D. Davis (NYM) (DK $4,300, FD $2,600)
- Fernando Tatis (SD) 1.4x
- Luis Robert (CHW) 1.85x
- Corey Seager (LAD) 1.5x
- Mike Yastrzemski (SF) 1.55x
- Manny Machado (SD) 1.45x
- Jake Cronenworth (SD) 1.85x
- Rio Ruiz (BAL) 1.9x
- Michael Conforto (NYM) 1.45x
- Marcell Ozuna (ATL) 1.25x
P – Dylan Cease
3B – Todd Frazier
OF – Kyle Schwarber
1B – Edwin Encarnacion
P – Sixto Sanchez
OF – AJ Pollock
3B – Todd Frazier
1B – Brandon Belt
P – Sixto Sanchez
H – Fernando Tatis
H – Corey Seager
H – Rio Ruiz