[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Stuck in traffic? Boss looking over your shoulder? Just lazy and don’t want to read? Click here to listen!”]
Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in tonight’s MLB Cash Games!
Saturday, September 21st
What’s going on Mafia. This article will be focusing on cash game contests for the Saturday’s MAIN MLB slates on DraftKings and FanDuel starting at 705pm EST. It’s a 9-game slate with a wide range of pitchers. Also, teams are starting to clinch playoff berths so some arms on those teams maybe limited. Anyways, here is Saturday’s edition of the DFS MLB Cash Game Breakdown!
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
- LAD -319
- MIN -309
- OAK -272
- MIL -207
- CLE -164
Highest Run Expectancy
- MIN 6.9
- LAD 5.9
- OAK 5.8
- CLE 5.7
- MIL 5.4
Lowest Run Expectancy
- TEX 3.2
- COL 3.3
- PIT 3.7
- SD 3.8
- KC 3.8
Today's Pitchers Grid
1) Walker Buehler, RHP, Dodgers ($12,700 DK / $11,100 FD) Buehler is coming off his season low in strikeouts. Tonight, he is a – 319 favorite against a Rockies team with an IRT of 3.2 runs. It’s a big enough slate that his FD price won’t kill you since there tons of value at this point in the season.
2) Sean Manaea, LHP, Athletics ($9,800 DK / $9,200 FD) Manaea is one of my favorite pitchers on this slate because of his matchup. His matchup is against the Rangers, a team he just faced and struck out 6. The Ranger’s lineup has a 26.5% K rate against LHPs.
3) Wade Miley, LHP, Astros ($5,700 DK / $7,500 FD) UM WHAT??!! DK salary makers have Miley cheap. His salary dropped $1,700!! Even against the Angels, a team with a 15% K rate v LHP, Miley has too much upside against this Trout-less lineup.
4) Jose Berrios, RHP, Twins ($10,900 DK / $9,400 FD) The Twins have a magic number of 6 and the have their ace on the mound. Berrios has turned it around in September after a dreadful August. He sits at just a 22.1% K rate while the Royals lineup has a 23% K against RHPs.
5) Johnny Cueto, RHP, Giants ($9,600 DK / $7,800 FD) The Braves just clinched the NL East last night, so I’d imagine a weaker lineup should be rolled out. Hell, even a tired one with all the celebration. This will be his third start and he has yet to allow an ER.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
1) Camden Yards – 32.6% HR’s above average
2) Minute Maid Park – 17.0% HR’s above average
Things To Target (Against)
1) Glenn Sparkman, RHP, Royals:.263 ISO and .377 wOBA v LHP
2) Justus Sheffield, LHP, Mariners: .280 ISO and .366 wOBA v LHP
3) Cal Quantrill, RHP, Padres: .202 ISO and .365 wOBA v LHP
4) Kyle Freeman, LHP, Rockies: .291 ISO and .391 wOBA v RHP
5) Jason Vargas, LHP, Phillies: .190 ISO and .337 wOBA v LHP
Here’s our Stolen Base Target Tool. I strongly recommend checking it out to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player on tonight’s slate is to steal.
The hottest hitters at each position.
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||161||698||48||123||111||4||12.3||15.80||0.290||0.313||0.311||0.401||0.601||0.419||166|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||82||360||24||72||52||17||13.6||23.60||0.313||0.311||0.283||0.394||0.596||0.412||157|
|16||Frank Schwindel||- - -||64||259||14||44||43||2||6.2||15.80||0.264||0.348||0.326||0.371||0.591||0.403||152|
|17||Fernando Tatis Jr.||SDP||130||546||42||99||97||25||11.4||28.00||0.328||0.324||0.282||0.364||0.611||0.403||156|
|22||Kyle Schwarber||- - -||113||471||32||76||71||1||13.6||27.00||0.288||0.306||0.266||0.374||0.554||0.392||145|
Batter v Pitcher
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
C – Brian McCann
1B – Albert Pujols, Carlos Santana
2B – Jason Kipnis
3B – Colin Moran, Jose Osuna, Elvis Andrus, Nolan Arenado
SS – Jorge Polanco, Adalberto Mondesi, Francisco Lindor, Trevor Story
OF – Justin Upton, Max Kepler, Starling Marte, Shin-Soo Choo, Charlie Blackmon
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Mitch Garver, Twins
- Omar Narvaez, Mariners
- Yasmani Grandal, Brewers
- Roberto Perez, Indians
Garver has a .377 ISO against RHPs. Narvaez has a .200 ISO against RHPs. Grandal has a .201 v RHPs. Perez is having a breakout year and has a .231 ISO against LHPs.
- Carlos Santana, Indians
- Trey Mancini, Orioles
- Matt Olson, Athletics
- Eric Thames, Brewers
Santana has a .241 ISO against LHPs. Mancini homered last night again; he has a .272 ISO against LHPs. Olson has a .304 ISO against RHPs. Thames has a .258 ISO against RHPs.
- Jose Altuve, Astros
- Max Muncy, Dodgers
- Keston Hiurra, Brewers
- Shed Long, Mariners
Altuve has a .363 ISO against LHPs. Muncy and Dodgers have a 5.9 IRT. Hiurra always against RHP, he has over a .322 ISO. Shed Long has a great ballpark to hit and is leading off against a weak RHP.
- Matt Chapman, Athletics
- Mike Moustakas, Brewers
- Eduardo Escobar, Diamondbacks
- Renato Nunez, Orioles
Team high, .312 ISO against LHP for Chapman. Moose has 2 homers in the 4 games. Escobar has a .272 ISO against RHPs. Nunez has a .249 ISO against LHPs.
- Jorge Polanco, Twins
- Francisco Lindor, Indians
- Alex Bregman, Astros
- Corey Seager, Dodgers
Polanco price has dropped and tonight he’s in a great spot against the weak pitcher. Lindor has some nice BVP against Vargas. Bregman is very expensive but against LHP this year he has a .356 ISO. Seager homered last night and has a .219 ISO against RHPs.
- Nelson Cruz, Twins
- Cody Bellinger, Dodgers
- Eddie Rosario, Twins
- Max Kepler, Twins
- Bryce Harper, Phillies
- Yasiel Puig, Indians
- AJ Pollack, Dodgers
- George Springer, Astros
- Jordan Luplow, Indians
- Charlie Blackmon, Rockies
The Twins OF has a great matchup up against the weak arm of Glenn Sparkman. Bellinger and Pollack are great plays again tonight. Pollack homered last night and even in a RvR matchup. Harper is in a great stadium for LHHs. The other side of that game, the Indians OF is also in play against Vargas. Blackmon has the best BVP off Buehler.
Cash Game Breakdown