[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Stuck in traffic? Boss looking over your shoulder? Just lazy and don’t want to read? Click here to listen!”]
Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in tonight’s MLB Cash Games!
FYI: Elite Fantasy WILL have a full schedule of DFS content THIS MORNING, with Brian Healy doing the GPP article and a 10am EST Livestream with Tommy and DC.
Today’s Coaching Sessions
All sessions take place in the MLB chat room.
- Bullpen Coach (Phil Backert) – 9am ET
Wednesday, August 7th
What’s going on Mafia. This article will be focusing on cash game options for Wednesday’s EARLY MAIN MLB slates on DraftKings and FanDuel, starting at 12:10pm EST. We have an 8-game slate on DK and, of course, FanDuel split the early games in to 5- and 4-game slates. We lost Clevinger and Lynn due to a PPD last night, so the Plesac and Jurado matchup is back on for game 1 of a double-header.
Well, let’s get at it! Here is the Wednesday edition of the DFS MLB Cash Game Breakdown!
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
None that I see now (Tuesday night)!
No lines available for OAK/CHC, CHW/DET, or TOR/TB.
- HOU -350
- CLE -189
- CHC -149
- LAD -140
Highest Run Expectancy
- HOU 5.7
- MIN 5.1
- ATL 5.0
- LAD 4.7
Lowest Run Expectancy
- COL 2.9
- TEX 3.4
- STL 3.6
- SF 4.3
Today's Pitchers Grid
1) Gerrit Cole, RHP, Astros ($11,900 DK / $11,800 FD) Cole comes into this contest and stands head and shoulders above the rest of the field. The Rockies sit at 23% K against RHPs. Without anyone close to him skill level, he will be most popular play today. He is VERY hard to fit on FanDuel’s smaller slate.
2) Dustin May, RHP, Dodgers ($7,500 DK / $5,800 FD) His price is far too low on FanDuel. The rookie was okay his last start. The matchup does have me concerned, but the Cardinals are right behind the Rockies in K% at 23%. May will have issues as a rookie, but this slate is filled with gas cans, so he will be a popular SP2.
3) Zach Plesac, RHP, Indians ($7,700 DK / $7,500 FD) Last night’s PPD shifted this game to today. Zach Plesac has a good matchup against a K heavy team. Now, he doesn’t have a high K rate, but this Rangers team has a 24% K rate against RHPs. Looking for 5-6 Ks, which is a good possibility.
4) Brandon McKay, LHP, Rays ($8,500 DK / $6,700 FD) McKay is coming off a 7K game against Boston and today faces a Blue Jays team that has a 23.7% K rate v LHPs. McKay has a 24% K rate and a 12% SwStr%. He does allow 1.76HR/9, all against RHHs, so that’s a concern. He is very cheap on FanDuel.
5) Steven Matz, LHP, Mets ($8,600 FD ONLY) Matz is coming off a horrible performance against the Pirates, allowing 5 ERs. This is after two starts that seemed to show his true talent. The Marlins matchup is a perfect bounce back game. They have the league’s lowest ISO against LHP and the past 2 weeks, they have a 24.5% K rate.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
1) Progressive Field – 13.7% HR’s above average
Things To Target (Against)
1) Ivan Nova, RHP, White Sox: 1.65HR/9 highest on slate, 4.76 xFIP 1.55HR/9 to RHHs.
2) Peter Lambert, RHP, Rockies: 2.28HR/9 and .397 wOBA to LHHs.
3) Jose Quintana, LHP, Cubs: 1.45HR/9 to RHHs with a 4.68 xFIP
4) Jack Flaherty, RHP, Cardinals: 1.98HR/9 v LHHs, overall1.56HR/9, 3.91 xFIP
5) Ariel Jurado, RHP, Rangers: 1.26HR/9 and 4.89 xFIP
Here’s our Stolen Base Target Tool. I strongly recommend checking it out to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player on tonight’s slate is to steal.
The hottest hitters at each position.
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||161||698||48||123||111||4||12.3||15.80||0.290||0.313||0.311||0.401||0.601||0.419||166|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||82||360||24||72||52||17||13.6||23.60||0.313||0.311||0.283||0.394||0.596||0.412||157|
|16||Frank Schwindel||- - -||64||259||14||44||43||2||6.2||15.80||0.264||0.348||0.326||0.371||0.591||0.403||152|
|17||Fernando Tatis Jr.||SDP||130||546||42||99||97||25||11.4||28.00||0.328||0.324||0.282||0.364||0.611||0.403||156|
|22||Kyle Schwarber||- - -||113||471||32||76||71||1||13.6||27.00||0.288||0.306||0.266||0.374||0.554||0.392||145|
Batter v Pitcher
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
C – John Alfaro
1B – Miggy Cabrera, Anthony Rizzo
2B – Starlin Castro
3B – Josh Donaldson, Nolan Arenado
SS – Francisco Lindor
OF – Delino DeShields, Ian Desmond, Jason Heyward, Robbie Grossman
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Mitch Garver, Twins – IRT of over 6 and potential leadoff; .347 ISO off LHPs.
- Robinson Chirinos, Astros – 58% hard-hit% against bad RHP, which he has an .186 ISO
- Roberto Perez, Indians – Got a day of rest; .218 ISO against RHPs
- James McCann, White Sox- .227 ISO against LHPs. Revenge narrative.
- Anthony Rizzo, Cubs- Positive BVP. Well overdue to homer, all stats are trending up.
- Carlos Santana, Indians – .239 v RHPs, might be lower owned after last night’s PPD.
- Brandon Dixon, Tigers – Dixon has a .233 ISO against RHPs.
- Joc Pederson, Dodgers- leading off v RHP, impressive .282 ISO v them
- Max Muncy, Dodgers- .301 ISO v RHP, 45% hard-hit%, Flaherty allows nearly 2 homers per 9 innings
- Ozzie Albies, Braves- .228 ISO v LHP, great ballpark for RHH power.
- Jason Kipnis, Indians- dropped in batting order, but maintains 53% hard-hit% and .222 ISO v RHPs.
- Jose Altuve, Astros- IRT at 6.5 plus, .235 ISO the last 30 days.
- Alex Bregman, Astros – .253 ISO v RHP, 61% hard-hit%. #1 Dong Detector bat.
- Matt Chapman, Athletics – .258 ISO v LHPs. A’s have been hot.
- Miguel Sano- Twins- fully healthy, Twins IRT is highest on slate.
- Anthony Rendon, Nationals- .286 ISO v LHP, facing rookie debut pitcher.
- Marcus Semien, Athletics- leading off v LHP, .181 ISO this season against LHP,
- Francisco Lindor, Indians- leading off with a .216 ISO v RHPs.
- Jorge Polanco, Twins – 42% hard-hit% .216 ISO v RHPs.
- Bo Bichette, Blue Jays – Already showing some power, McKay has had trouble with RHH and keeping them in the yard.
- Nelson Cruz, Twins – Has 16HRs in 23 games since ASB!
- Max Kepler, Twins – 6 homers in the last 2 weeks.
- Yordan Alvarez, Astros – Homered last night, team high ISO v RHPs. With a .318
- George Springer, Astros- .313 ISO against RHPs.
- Cody Bellinger, Dodgers – if you can fit him play him, I always try to.
- Austin Meadows, Rays- Bullpen game for Blue Jays; He has homers 4 of the last 5 games.
- Kyle Schwarber, Cubs- team high .278 ISO v RHPs.
- VALUE: Chad Pinder, Athletics- .206 ISO v LHPs, homer upside.
- VALUE: Franmil Reyes, Padres- #2 Dong Detector call; .269 ISO v RHPs.
- VALUE: Jacoby Jones, Tigers- Leadoff with .210 ISO off RHPs.
Cash Game Breakdown