[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Stuck in traffic? Boss looking over your shoulder? Just lazy and don’t want to read? Click here to LISTEN!”]
For the time being, we will post our MLB Content Schedule here at the top of the article. It’ll be updated with links when each article is posted, so check back throughout the day!
Today’s Coaching Sessions
All sessions take place in the MLB chat room.
- Bullpen Coach (Phil Backert) – 9am ET
- Pitching Coach (DraftCheat) – 12pm ET
- Hitting Coach (Vlad Sedler) – 4pm ET
- Cash Game Breakdown – You’re reading it!
- Bullpen Coach – Everything you need to know about each team’s bullpen.
- Hitting Coach – A deep dive into the top hitters (& fades) on today’s slate.
- Pitching Coach – An in-depth breakdown of today’s starting pitchers.
- Cheat Sheet – A snapshot of the top plays at each position & salary level.
- GPP Breakdown – We use game theory, & advanced stats to uncover tonight’s low-owned studs.
- MLB NOW Livestream – A daily video show breaking down tonight’s entire slate.
- MLB Summary – A summary of what we discussed in today’s Coaching Sessions & on the livestream.
- Ownership Projections
- Fantasy Baseball Elite Podcasts (Mans/Flowers/DraftCheat/Vlad)
- MLB Chat Room
- Daily Projections & Optimizer
- Splits Hub
- Umpire Factors
- The Opening Line
Friday, August 2nd
What’s going on Mafia. This article will be focusing on cash game contests for the Friday’s MAIN MLB slates on DraftKings and FanDuel starting at 705pm EST. We have a monster 12-game slate. And it’s weird. We have with 10 LHPs starting maybe more if Angels start Peters. I can’t remember the last time I saw that. Oh, and we are back in Coors. Lovely. Which means, this Friday slate will be fill with positive splits and of course homers.
Well, let’s get at it! Here is the Friday’s edition of the DFS MLB Cash Game Breakdown!
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
No line available on TOR/BAL.
- HOU -270
- MIN -240
- TEX -213
- PHI -180
- LAD -180
- ARI -145
Highest Run Expectancy
- MIN 6.8
- SFG 6.6
- COL 6.5
- TEX 6.1
- NYY 5.5
- ARI 5.3
Lowest Run Expectancy
- SD 3.6
- SEA 3.7
- DET 4.1
- CWS 4.1
- CIN 4.2
- KC 4.3
Today's Pitchers Grid
|Max Scherzer||- - -||179.10||2.46||0.247||2.97||3.24||2.90||33.50||18.20||48.30||64.10%||43.50%||34.10||15.90%||50.30%||5.20||68.50%||33.70%||84.30||17.00%||48.40%||34.50%||1.15||46.70%||94.50||8.20|
1) Mike Clevinger, RHP, Indians ($11,100K DK / $10,700K FD): The largest K% on the slate, 37.4%, gets one of the toughest teams. The Angels have an 18% K rate against RHPs. There is some slight BvP concern and the stadium is always a plus for batters. However, at home, he has a 0.98 ERA with a 46.5% K! What’s most impressive about Clevinger is that he has only allowed 1 homer in Cleveland.
2) Lance Lynn, RHP, Rangers ($11,700K DK / $10,600K FD): Hands down the top play on the slate. Lynn faces the Tigers that have no roar against RHPSs. The Tigers still sit at a 26.6% K RATE and a .149 ISO against them. Lynn has a 27% K rate and should come close to double digits Ks. It’s 97 degrees in Texas, but Lynn sits at the 3rdhighest favorite.
3) Wade Miley, LHP, Astros ($9,100K DK / $8,500K FD): The Mariners team has a 27 K% the last 14 days. Miley has been solid this season a 20 K%, which is up almost 6% since last season. His last 7 games, he has 3 wins, 35 Ks and a 0.98 WHIP. Houston is the biggest favorite on the slate.
1) Jason Vargas, LHP, Phillies ($7,400K DK / $7,400K FD): Var-GOAT, as my boy Mike calls him, debuts tonight for Philly. He gets a terrific matchup to make a good impression. The White Sox rank 26thin ISO against LHP and have a 24.6 K%. The move to Philly is a downgrade, so he will probably be taken deep once today. The 20% K rate will keep him a viable SP2.
2) Steven Matz, LHP, Mets ($7,700K DK /$7,800K FD): A current Met, for now, faces another team that has been struggling with LHPs. The Pirates are 28thin ISO at .139 on the season. Matz just pitched a CGSO with 7Ks against them. I don’t expect that again, but he’s certainly in play.
3) Dustin May, RHP, Dodgers ($7,600K DK / $5,800K FD): The Dodger’s top pitching prospect will take the mound against the strikeout prone Padres. Nicknamed Gingergaard and he’s basically FREE on FD. He hadn’t allowed a homer in Triple-A. Besides the hair, he throws a sinker, cutter and a curve, similar Noah Syndergaard.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
1) SunTrust Park – 12.9% runs above average, 21.3% HR’s above average, 32.4% 2B’s above average
2) Camden Yards – 12.3% runs above average, 34.7% HR’s above average, 11% Hits above average, 22.4% 3B’s above average
3) Globe Life Park – 9.8% runs above average, 8.6% HR’s above average, 15.4% 3B’s above average
4) Coors Field – 64.1% above average in runs, 34.5% above average in HRs, 33.6% above average in 2B, 214.0% above average in 3B.
Things To Target (Against)
1) Yusei Kikuchi, LHP, Mariners – .337 xwOBA, 36.4% hard contact, 1.89HR/9
2) Peter Lambert, RHP, Rockies – .378 xwOBA, 43% hard contact, 1.98HR/9
3) Joe Ross, RHP, Nationals – .424 xwOBA, 35.3% hard contact, 1.82HR/9
4) Glenn Sparkman, RHP, Royals – .365xwOBA, 43% hard contact, 2.04HR/9
5) Ivan Nova, RHP, White Sox – .352xwOBA, 39.9% hard contact, 1.65HR/9
6) Aaron Brooks, RHP, Orioles – .365xwOBA,42.1% hard contact, 1.96HR/9
Click here for our Stolen Base Target Tool. I strongly recommend checking it out to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player on tonight’s slate is to steal.
The hottest hitters at each position.
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||161||698||48||123||111||4||12.3||15.80||0.290||0.313||0.311||0.401||0.601||0.419||166|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||82||360||24||72||52||17||13.6||23.60||0.313||0.311||0.283||0.394||0.596||0.412||157|
|16||Frank Schwindel||- - -||64||259||14||44||43||2||6.2||15.80||0.264||0.348||0.326||0.371||0.591||0.403||152|
|17||Fernando Tatis Jr.||SDP||130||546||42||99||97||25||11.4||28.00||0.328||0.324||0.282||0.364||0.611||0.403||156|
|22||Kyle Schwarber||- - -||113||471||32||76||71||1||13.6||27.00||0.288||0.306||0.266||0.374||0.554||0.392||145|
Batter v Pitcher
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
C – Tyler Flowers, Chris Iannetta
1B – Freddie Freeman, Howie Kendrick
2B – Gleyber Torres, Tim Beckham
3B – Nolan Arenado, Anthony Rendon
SS – Xander Bogaerts, Tim Anderson, Andrelton Simmons, Jordy Mercer, Trevor Story
OF – JD Martinez, Mookie Betts, Bryce Harper, Max Kepler, Charlie Blackmon, Cody Bellinger
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Tyler Flowers, Braves – excellent BVP against Wood
- Chris Iannetta, Rockies – 50% hard-hit%, BVP
- JT Realmuto, Phillies – 3 homers in the last 6 games.
- Mitch Garver, Twins – Team has the highest IRT on slate, should bat leadoff.
- Freddie Freeman, Braves – 43% hard-hit%, BVP play
- Daniel Murphy, Rockies – .201 ISO v RHPs. Coors.
- Trey Mancini, Orioles – Keeps hitting bombs. 6 homers the last 2 weeks.
- Justin Smoak, Blue Jays – Seemed like the only Blue Jay hasn’t homered in days
- Jose Altuve, Astros – .349 ISO the last 2 weeks, tops on team.
- Cavan Biggio, Blue Jays – 56% hard-hit% the last 14 days
- Ozzie Albies, Braves – .240 ISO last 2 weeks.
- Rougned Odor, Rangers – 41% hard-hit% and 54% flyball rate the last 2 weeks.
- Rafael Devers, Red Sox – .345 ISO the last 2 weeks.
- Alex Bregman, Astros – homered last night, hopefully a bounce back is coming.
- Nolan Arenado, Rockies – .338xwOBA, 38% hard-hit%
- Josh Donaldson, Braves – 3 homers the last 12 games
- Xander Bogaerts, Red Sox – 2 homers last night, has some good BVP v Paxton.
- Carlos Correa, Astros – .333 ISO since returning from IL
- Trevor Story, Rockies – 46% hard-hit% (team high)
- Elvis Andrus, Rangers – High temps and .311 wOBA against LHPs.
- Charlie Blackmon, Rockies – .338 xwOBA, 39% hard-hit%
- JD Martinez, Red Sox – 4 homers the last 13 games.
- Cody Bellinger, Dodgers – Matchup proof.
- Mookie Betts, Red Sox – 1.091 OPS and .370 ISO the last 14 days.
- Yordan Alvarez, Astros – 1.109 OPS the last 14 days
- Danny Santana, Rangers – .266 ISO v LHPs. Ideal hitting conditions.
- Starling Marte, Pirates – 40% hard-hit% the last 14 days.
- George Springer, Astros – .298 ISO the last 14 days, leadoff homer potential.
- Aaron Judge, Yankees – .250 ISO against LHPs, a 63% hard-hit% the last 15 days.
- Adam Duvall, Braves – Revenge Mode. .591 ISO the last 2 weeks!