[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Stuck in traffic? Boss looking over your shoulder? Just lazy and don’t want to read? Click here to listen!”]
Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in tonight’s MLB Cash Games!
Today’s Coaching Sessions
All sessions take place in the MLB chat room.
- Bullpen Coach (Phil Backert) – 9am ET
- Pitching Coach (DraftCheat) – 12pm ET
- Hitting Coach (Vlad Sedler) – 4pm ET
Sunday, August 18th
What’s going on Mafia. This article will be focusing on cash game contests for the Sunday’s MAIN MLB slates on DraftKings and FanDuel starting at 105pm EST. It’s a 9-game slate on both sites. No game is in the threat of rain. Winds are blowing in KC, out to LF, and most of the games are in 85 degrees plus. Well, let’s get at it! Here is the Sunday’s edition of the DFS MLB Cash Game Breakdown!
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
- BOS -310
- TB -175
- NYM -168
- TOR -154
Highest Run Expectancy
- BOS 7.9
- TOR 5.9
- NYM 5.7
- WAS 5.6
- MIL 5.5
Lowest Run Expectancy
- DET 3.5
- CIN 4.0
- KC 4.4
- BAL 4.4
- TBR 4.6
Today's Pitchers Grid
1) Matt Boyd, LHP, Tigers ($10,400K DK / $9,300K FD): Boyd is on the road today in Tampa. The Rays have a 26.1% K rate against LHPs this season, which is the 2ndhighest in the league. Boyd has a 31% K% on the road and his HR/9 drop by 1. He is the top FD play.
2) Jack Flaherty, RHP, Cardinals ($9,700K DK / $10,700K FD): Big price difference here with Jack being the #2 expensive on FanDuel and the 5THon DraftKings. The ballpark too is never a play I’d prefer my pitcher, but this Reds lineup is depleted. Of they have the Punisher, but after him, 7 of the 8 bats have a less than .200 ISO against RHPs.The lineup has an overall 23.4% K%
3) Zach Wheeler, RHP, Mets ($10,700K DK / $11,000K FD): I have a hard time paying for him on FD with Boyd much cheaper, but on DK, cool. I think will be lesser own. It’s a great pitcher park and though he has a worse daytime split, I am good with him today. KC has the 27thworst ISO against RHPs. The only bats that worry me are Dozier and Soler, each like last Sunday have double dong ability.
1) Jason Vargas, LHP, Phillies ($7,800K DK / $6,900K FD): Yes, it’sVar-GOAT day. He faces a weakened Padres lineup without rookie sensation Fernando Tatis. The Padres still have a 25% K rate v LHPs. Manny and Renfroe are elite bats against LHP, so Vargas does have some warts but overall nice value play.
2) Trevor Richards, RHP, Rays ($7,000K DK /$6,400K FD): The Tigers matchup goes to the bulk reliver, Trevor Richards. Last night’s Tigers lineup had a 24% K rate and a .140 ISO against RHPs. Richards has some strikeout stuff and in a pitcher part, only downside is the QS isn’t in play.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
1) Great American Ballpark (Cardinals at Reds)
2) Rogers Centre (Mariners at Blue Jays)
3) Citizens Bank Park (Padres at Phillies)
4) Yankee Stadium (Indians at Yankees)
Things To Target (Against)
1) Yusei Kikuchi, LHP, Mariners – 2.11HR/9 (highest in MLB)
2) Glenn Sparkman, RHP, Royals – .365xwOBA, 43% hard contact, 2.04HR/9
3) Ty Blach, LHP, Orioles –has allowed 7 hits and each outing with a total of 16 ER and 3HRs.
Here’s our Stolen Base Target Tool. I strongly recommend checking it out to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player on tonight’s slate is to steal.
The hottest hitters at each position.
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||161||698||48||123||111||4||12.3||15.80||0.290||0.313||0.311||0.401||0.601||0.419||166|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||82||360||24||72||52||17||13.6||23.60||0.313||0.311||0.283||0.394||0.596||0.412||157|
|16||Frank Schwindel||- - -||64||259||14||44||43||2||6.2||15.80||0.264||0.348||0.326||0.371||0.591||0.403||152|
|17||Fernando Tatis Jr.||SDP||130||546||42||99||97||25||11.4||28.00||0.328||0.324||0.282||0.364||0.611||0.403||156|
|22||Kyle Schwarber||- - -||113||471||32||76||71||1||13.6||27.00||0.288||0.306||0.266||0.374||0.554||0.392||145|
Batter v Pitcher
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
C – none
1B – Chris Davis, Paul Goldschmidt
2B – none
3B – Jose Ramirez
SS – Francisco Lindor
OF – Jesse Winker
Overall Hitter Rankings
1t) JT Realmuto, Phillies – 4 homers in last 5 games.
1t) Will Smith, Dodgers – Night off should have fresh legs today. 6 game hit streak, 4 homers last 4 games.
3) Travis d’Arnaud, Rays – should leading off .278 ISO v LHPs; Boyd has allowed 22 homers to RHHs.
4) Danny Jansen, Blue Jays – 3 homers in 5 games; Kikuchi highest HR/9 in league
1) Peter Alonso, Mets – winds blowing out at 11 mph; .301 ISO against RHPs. #1 Dong Detector bat.
2) Paul Goldschmidt, Cardinals – 3 homers off Wood.
3) Carlos Santana, Indians – 5 homers the last 14 days, 42% hard-hit% over that time.
4) Rhys Hoskins, Phillies – .218 ISO v LHPs, way overdue 1 homer in August; however, 47% hard-hit% with 54% flyball rate last 2 weeks means more are coming soon.
1) Gleyber Torres, Yankees – hit double dongs 3 times in August.
2) Cavan Biggio, Blue Jays – 56% hard-hit% the last 14 days
3) Ozzie Albies, Braves – .240 ISO and 42% hard-hit% last 2 weeks
4) Tim Lopes, Mariners – Need a cheap punt; leading off
1) Rafael Devers, Red Sox – .345 ISO the last 2 weeks.
2) Jose Ramirez, Indians – nice BVP off CC; 4 homers in last 6 games.
3) DJ LeMahieu, Yankees – Dudes been unreal; .375 BA in August.
4) Josh Donaldson, Braves – 3 homers the last 3 games.
1)Xander Bogaerts, Red Sox – 3 multi-hit games over the last 4 including a double dong.
2) Manny Machado, Padres – .331 ISO v LHP, great ballpark upgrade
3) Amed Rosario, Mets – leading off and still too cheap.
4)Trea Turner, Nationals – .187 ISO v RHP, leading off.
1) Christian Yelich, Brewers – 1-16, before last night. 4-5 HR, 3RBIs.
2) JD Martinez, Red Sox – .423 ISO off LHPs.
3) Cody Bellinger, Dodgers – .273 v LHP
4) Mookie Betts, Red Sox – Horrible LHP, Betts has 40% hard-hit%
5) Bryce Harper, Phillies – leading off, white-hot.
6) Ronald Acuna Jr – 10 homers in August.
7) Hunter Renfroe, Padres – .340 ISO v LHPs
8) Aristides Aqunio, Reds – 12 homers already.
Cash Game Breakdown