Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in tonight’s MLB Cash Games!
Today’s Coaching Sessions
All sessions take place in the MLB chat room.
- Bullpen Coach (Phil Backert) – 9am ET
- Pitching Coach (DraftCheat) – 12pm ET
- Hitting Coach (Vlad Sedler) – 4pm ET
Tuesday, August 13th
What’s going on Mafia. This article will be focusing on cash contests for Tuesday’s MAIN MLB slates on DraftKings and FanDuel starting at 7:05pm EST. We have a massive 15-game slate LOADED with top arms. There are 7 pitchers over $10K on DraftKings and 6 pitchers over $10K on FanDuel. Should be a great slate. Well, let’s get at it! Here is Tuesday’s edition of the DFS MLB Cash Game Breakdown!
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
CHC-PHI: Rain is expected, at this point it’s a game worth monitoring
BAL-NYY: Heavy rain is expected, and this game is PPD risk
- HOU -302
- LAD -289
- NYY -285
- STL -185
- LAA -160
- DET -159
Highest Run Expectancy
- NYY 6.5
- COL 6.4
- HOU 6.2
- ARI 5.8
- STL 5.6
Lowest Run Expectancy
- MIA 3.1
- CHW 3.2
- BAL 3.7
- OAK 3.9
Today's Pitchers Grid
|Name||Team||IP||ERA||BABIP||FIP||xFIP||SIERA||GB%||LD%||FB%||F-Strike%||Zone%||K%||SwStr%||Swing%||BB%||Contact%||O-Swing%||LOB%||Soft%||Med%||Hard%||HR/9||FA% (pfx)||vFA (pfx)||FA-Z (pfx)|
1) Matt Boyd, LHP, Tigers ($10,300 DK / $10,400 FD) For any LHP, no matchup is better than facing the Mariners. Seattle has the league high in strike-out % against LHPs. Boyd has a 32% K rate and should have plenty tonight. He is the top high-priced play
2) Gerrit Cole, RHP, Astros ($12,700 DK ONLY) Well it looks like FanDuel isn’t going to fuck around with this DH tonight, but DraftKings will. The Astros are another huge favorite and Cole has an amazing matchup against the White Sox, who have the season high in K% against RHPs. It’s a shame this game isn’t on FanDuel.
3) Jack Flaherty, RHP, Cardinals ($9,000 DK / $8,900 FD) Vegas loves Flaherty tonight. The Royals really have two bats to worry about, Dozier and Soler. They both hit RHP with ease, over .200 ISO. The one weakness for Flaherty is his lack of Ks and allowing homers to LHHs. KC has very little power ranking 25th in ISO against RHPs. So I am good with Jackie.
4) Lance Lynn, RHP, Rangers ($11,300 DK / $10,300 FD) I feel like I write up Lynn every time slate. This matchup is one of the better ones, despite the ass kicking they took last night. Lynn will be needed with a gassed bullpen; the free-swinging Jays have the 8th highest K% v RHPs.
5) Clayton Kershaw, LHP, Dodgers ($11,800 DK / $12,000 FD) Without Cole, Kershaw has the highest salary against the Marlins. Kershaw had his best game of the season last outing, but his price is super high, and it feels like you’re paying for his name.
1) Max Fried, LHP, Braves ($6,700 DraftKings ONLY) For whatever reason, DK keeps Fried’s price down. The matchup against the red-hot Mets isn’t great, but they do have a 23.8% K rate against LHP. Fried is coming off a dominating performance of 10Ks against the Twins.
2) Joe Ross, RHP, Nationals ($5,500 DraftKings ONLY) Ross has been a solid fill-in for the Nationals the last 4 outings. He has the K upside and against the Reds, who sit at 24% K against RHPs, he has a VERY low price on DK, that will help add those pitchers above.
3) Griffin Canning, RHP, Angels ($6,700 FanDuel Only) Canning’s price on FD allows you some breathing room to add Coors bats, if that’s your thing. The pitch count will be key. IF we can get 6 innings from him, the upside is 30plus.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
1) Coors Field – 29% HR’s above average, 49.9% runs above average, 29.6% 2B’s above average, 249% 3B’s above average
2) Guaranteed Rate – 33.2% HR’s above average
3) Nationals Park – 18.7% HR’s above average, 19.2% 2B’s above average
4) Angels Stadium – 13.1% HR’s above average
5) Progressive Field – 12.1% HR’s above average
Things To Target (Against)
1) Ivan Nova, RHP, White Sox: allows 1.56HR/9
2) Glenn Sparkman, RHP, Royals: allows 2.03HR/9
3) Thomas Pannone, LHP, Blue Jays: allows 1.71HR/9
4) Yusei Kikuchi, LHP, Mariners: allows 2.12HR/9
Here’s our Stolen Base Target Tool. I strongly recommend checking it out to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player on tonight’s slate is to steal.
The hottest hitters at each position.
Batter v Pitcher
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
C – Roberto Perez, Brian McCann, Tyler Flowers, James McCann
1B – Carlos Santana, Freddie Freeman, Jake Lamb
2B – Ketel Marte
3B – Anthony Rendon, Jose Ramirez, Josh Donaldson, Eduardo Escobar
SS – Sean Rodriguez, Francisco Lindor, Brandon Crawford, Marcus Semien
OF – Corey Dickerson, Nick Castellanos, Ronald Acuna, Josh Reddick, David Peralta
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Gary Sanchez, Yankees
- Alex Avila, Diamondbacks
- Brian McCann, Braves
- Yan Gomes, Nationals
With Sanchez’s price depressed some, his matchup against a LHP, is one I will take advantage of, who has 9 homer against Orioles. Avila in Coors; 75% hard-hit% last 2 weeks. McCann has some great BVP against Wheeler. Gomes 35% hard-hit% and a .186 ISO v LHPs.
- Jake Lamb, Diamondbacks
- Yuli Gurriel, Astros
- Paul Goldschmidt, Cardinals
- Joc Pederson, Dodgers
Lamb went deep last night and again still in Coors. Gurriel .211 ISO against RHPs, Nova allows 1.43HR/9 to RHHs. Goldschmidt sits at .200 ISO v RHPs and 45% hard-hit% last 2 weeks. Joc v RHPs is always in play, .276 ISO v RHPS.
- Gleyber Torres, Yankees
- Ketel Marte, Diamondbacks
- Chad Pinder, Athletics
- Rougned Odor, Rangers
12 homers now against Orioles. Again, Coors bat, Marte has a .207 ISO. .216 ISO off LHP, Pinder is a great value play, especially with his 56% hard-hit%. Odor homered last night and maintains a 61% hard-hit%.
- Eduardo Escobar, Diamondbacks
- Alex Bregman, Astros
- Giovanny Urshela, Yankees
- Manny Machado, Padres
Staying in Coors, Escobar has a .209 ISO v RHP. Bregman continues to be on of the hottest bats in MLB. Urshela has been a pleasant surprise this season and has been hitting homers in bunches. Manny has a .344 ISO v LHPs, very cheap on DraftKings.
- Trevor Story, Rockies
- Didi Gregorius, Yankees
- Marcus Semien, Athletics
- Kevin Newman, Pirates
Story homered last night and sits at a .286 ISO against RHPs. Didi got the 2nd game off last night and should be batting 3rd tonight. Semien leads off against LHPs and has some good BVP off Bum. Newman is very cheap and has homer upside.
- Charlie Blackmon, Rockies
- Yordan Alvarez, Astros
- George Springer, Astros
- Cody Bellinger, Dodgers
- Aaron Judge, Yankees
- Danny Santana, Rangers
- Ronald Acuna, Braves
- Aristides Aquino, Reds
- Nick Castellanos, Cubs
- VALUE: Josh Reddick, Astros
- VALUE: Khris Davis, Athletics
- VALUE: Franmil Reyes, Indians
Playing anyone of these top players will cost you. Blackmon does come in cheaper on DraftKings and against a rookie in Coors, he should be owned. Alvarez got the day off, but he is swinging a hot bat. Looking for Value, I like Reddick, Davis and Reyes as cheap bats on DraftKings to help pay up for those $10K arms.
Cash Game Breakdown
MLB NOW Livestream