[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Stuck in traffic? Boss looking over your shoulder? Just lazy and don’t want to read? Click here to listen!”]
Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in tonight’s MLB Cash Games!
Today’s Coaching Sessions
All sessions take place in the MLB chat room.
- Bullpen Coach (Phil Backert) – 9am ET
- Pitching Coach (DraftCheat) – 12pm ET
- Hitting Coach (Vlad Sedler) – 4pm ET
Wednesday, September 4th
What’s going on Mafia. This article will be focusing on cash game contests for the Wednesday’s MAIN MLB slates on DraftKings and FanDuel starting at 705pm EST. This slate is unusually small for a Wednesday with only 8 games. Here is Wednesday’s edition of the DFS MLB Cash Game Breakdown!
No concerns about rain.
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
No line available on CIN/MIA
- LAD -343
- CLE -247
- KE -190
- PIT -178
Highest Run Expectancy
- LAD 6.4
- BOS 5.9
- CLE 5.8
- MIN 5.7
- OAK 5.6
Lowest Run Expectancy
- CWS 3.3
- COL 3.3
- MIA 3.7
- SFG 4.1
Today's Pitchers Grid
|Max Scherzer||- - -||179.10||2.46||0.247||2.97||3.24||2.90||33.50||18.20||48.30||64.10%||43.50%||34.10||15.90%||50.30%||5.20||68.50%||33.70%||84.30||17.00%||48.40%||34.50%||1.15||46.70%||94.50||8.20|
1) Shane Bieber, RHP, Indians ($11,500K DK / $11,000K FD) The highest priced pitcher on both sites. The White Sox have the 3rdhighest K rate against RHPs. Over the last 2 weeks, the White Sox are dead last in team ISO.
2) Trevor Williams, RHP, Pirates ($6,600K DK / $7,400K FD) Last night the Pirates starter left with an injury. Tonight, Williams is cheap DK, could carry some increased ownership. Williams has had back to back great starts with over 37 FDPs. Miami is dead last in ISO.
3) Zac Gallen, RHP, Diamondbacks ($9,600K DK / $8,500K FD) The Padres have an overall team 27% K rate and with a .152 ISO that last 14 days. Gallen has a 28% K% with a 13.2% SwSTK%, he is priced better on FD.
4) Jakob Junis, RHP, Royals ($7,500K DK /$7,900K FD) The last matchup with the Tigers, Junis posted a 40 FDPs. The Tigers are still bottom three in several hitting categories. It’s no secret that the Tigers are still swinging and missing, so he may draw some ownership.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
Nothing worth noting. All the better ballparks for hitters are early.
Things To Target (Against)
1) Edwin Jackson, RHP, Tigers: 44.7% hard contact, .298 ISO to LHHs; .364 ISO to RHHs
2) Antonio Senzatela, RHP, Rockies: has allowed a .419 wOBA to LHHs.
3) Michael Wacha, RHP, Cardinals: allowing over a .225 ISO overall to hitters. 39.7% hard-hit%
4) Patrick Sandoval, LHP, Angels: allowing a .263 ISO to LHHs.
Here’s our Stolen Base Target Tool. I strongly recommend checking it out to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player on tonight’s slate is to steal.
The hottest hitters at each position.
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||161||698||48||123||111||4||12.3||15.80||0.290||0.313||0.311||0.401||0.601||0.419||166|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||82||360||24||72||52||17||13.6||23.60||0.313||0.311||0.283||0.394||0.596||0.412||157|
|16||Frank Schwindel||- - -||64||259||14||44||43||2||6.2||15.80||0.264||0.348||0.326||0.371||0.591||0.403||152|
|17||Fernando Tatis Jr.||SDP||130||546||42||99||97||25||11.4||28.00||0.328||0.324||0.282||0.364||0.611||0.403||156|
|22||Kyle Schwarber||- - -||113||471||32||76||71||1||13.6||27.00||0.288||0.306||0.266||0.374||0.554||0.392||145|
Batter v Pitcher
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
C – John Hicks
1B – Carlos Santana, Paul Goldschmidt
2B – Jason Kipnis
3B – Yoan Moncada, Nolan Arenado
SS – Brandon Crawford
OF – Andrew Benintendi, JD Martinez, Max Kepler, Jose Martinez, Marcell Ozuna, Justin Upton, Ian Desmond, Charlie Blackmon
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Yadier Molina, Cardinals
- Mitch Garver, Twins
- Will Smith, Dodgers
- Josh Phegley, Athletics
Molina has a 54% hard-hit%, 4 homers and .378 ISO the last 2 weeks. Garver should be back leading off against a lefty in Fenway. After a day off, Smith returns to the lineup. He has a. 278 ISO over the last 14 with 3 homers. Phegley has a .198 ISO v LHPs.
- Josh Bell, Pirates
- Paul Goldschmidt, Cardinals
- Ryan O’Hearn, Royals
- CJ Cron, Twins
Bell is expensive but faces a young RHP with winds blowing out to RF at 7MPH. Goldschmidt has the top BVP on the slate; 4 homers off MADBUM. O’Hearn has a great matchup and with a 68% hard-hit% the last 2 weeks. Cron has a .333 ISO v LHP; has a 48% hard-hot% the last 2 weeks.
- Whit Merrifield, Royals
- Gavin Lux, Dodgers
- Jason Kipnis, Indians
- Chad Pinder, Athletics
Whit leading off against gas can Edwin Jackson, Royals will be popular. At $2,500K, Lux should be leading off again and highly owned. Kipnis has some BVP success off Nova. Pinder v a lefty. He has a .213 ISO v LHPs, and is very cheap.
- Nolan Arenado, Rockies
- Hunter Dozier, Royals
- Matt Chapman, Athletics
- Yoan Moncada, White Sox
Nolan has some great BVP off Ryu to include 4 homers. Dozier has double-dong upside and his .252 ISO against RHP puts him on the DONG DETECTOR radar. Matt Chapman is another A’s bat that smashes lefties. Moncada has seen some success off Bieber and he’s a leverage play today.
- Xander Bogaerts, Red Sox
- Adalberto Mondesi, Royals
- Francisco Lindor, Indians
- Marcus Semien, Athletics
Bogaerts has .450 ISO the last 10 games to include 4 homers. Mondesi has stolen 3 bases in 3 games. Lindor sits at 6 homers the last 2 weeks and Semien has 4 during that timeframe.
- JD Martinez, Red Sox
- Mike Trout, Angels
- Cody Bellinger, Dodgers
- Nelson Cruz, Twins
- Marcell Ozuna, Cardinals
- Jorge Soler, Royals
- Starling Marte, Pirates
- Mark Canha, Athletics
- Joc Pederson, Dodgers
- Brett Phillips, Royals
Over the last 2 weeks, Martinez owns a .541 ISO and is one of the hottest hitters in MLB. Trout and Bellinger are looking like MVPs, but they are very expensive so you can probably fit just one. Cruz homered last night and still in Fenway against a lefty. Canha has 5 homers in the last 2 weeks. Phillips is another bat to use against Edwin Jackson.
Cash Game Breakdown