[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Stuck in traffic? Boss looking over your shoulder? Just lazy and don’t want to read? Click here to listen!”]
Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in tonight’s MLB Cash Games!
Today’s Coaching Sessions
All sessions take place in the MLB chat room.
- Bullpen Coach (Phil Backert) – 9am ET
- Pitching Coach (DraftCheat) – 12pm ET
- Hitting Coach (Vlad Sedler) – 4pm ET
Tuesday, September 3rd
What’s going on Mafia. This article will be focusing on cash game contests for the Tuesday’s MAIN MLB slates on DraftKings and FanDuel starting at 705pm EST.
With the rosters expanding, we will be getting a ton of different lineups for the rest of the way as players rest or teams start to see what the call-ups can do. More than usual, you must keep an eye on lineups. I am writing this the night before, so I am going off projections of lineups. Well, let’s get at it! Here is the Tuesday’s edition of the DFS MLB Cash Game Breakdown!
No concerns of rain.
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
No line available on CIN/MIA
- CLE -301
- STL -259
- LAD -249
- CHC -224
- ATL -210
Highest Run Expectancy
- ATL 6.3
- LAD 6.0
- CLE 5.9
- STL 5.4
- OAK 5.4
Lowest Run Expectancy
- SFG 3.2
- CWS 3.2
- NYM 3.6
- COL 3.7
Today's Pitchers Grid
1) Mike Clevinger, RHP, Indians ($12,200K DK / $12,000K FD): The highest priced pitcher on both sites for a reason. Clevinger has a 43.8% K rate at home and only 8 ER all year! The White Sox have the 3rdhighest K rate against RHPs. Over the last 2 weeks, the White Sox are dead last in team ISO.
2) Jack Flaherty, RHP, Cardinals ($10,500K DK / $10,000K FD): Just a tad cheaper, Flaherty comes with a 33.6% K rate at home. The Giants haven’t been world killers recently, but they are still a hard to strikeout. The last 2 weeks, they sit at a 24.5% K rate. Since July 1, Flaherty has only had 2 games with less than 7Ks.
3) Jon Lester, LHP, Cubs ($8,400K DK / $7,100K FD): The Mariners’ current lineup has a 23% K% against LHPs. Lester has been solid this season, he sits at only a 21.7% K%. He has struggled the last few games but has had a great K upside in these types of matchups. He faced a much better Seattle early this season and had 55 FDPs.
1) Merrill Kelly, RHP, Diamondbacks ($6,600K DK / $6,000K FD): Kelly has the matchup that’s been a target of mine the last few weeks; San Diego. The Padres have an overall team 27% K rate and with a .152 ISO that last 14 days. Kelly has an 18% K% with a 9.6% SwSTK%, not intimidating, but we need an SP2.
2) Mike Montgomery, LHP, Royals ($4,300K DK /$7,300K FD): This is a DK ONLY. The matchup is a big advantage for any pitcher. The Tigers are still bottom 3 in several hitting categories. It’s no secret that the Tigers are still swinging and missing the most in MLB. Sprinkle in the fact that his BEST game all year was against this Tigers team. Mikey is going to chalk to pay up elsewhere.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
1) Nationals Park – 32.9% HR’s above average, 17.0% 2B’s above average, 13.9% 3B’s above average
2) Great American Ballpark – 10.3% HR’s above average
Things To Target (Against)
1) Randy Dobnak, RHP, Twins – Only expected to pitch a few innings. Red Sox has a .217 team ISO over the last 14 days.
2) Felix Hernandez, RHP, Mariners – allows a .282 ISO to LHHs and .243 ISO to RHHs.
3) Jamie Barria, RHP, Angels – allows a 2.76HR/9 to RHHs.
4) Dereck Rodriguez, RHP, Giants – allows a .228 ISO and 36% hard-hit% to LHHs.
Here’s our Stolen Base Target Tool. I strongly recommend checking it out to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player on tonight’s slate is to steal.
The hottest hitters at each position.
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||161||698||48||123||111||4||12.3||15.80||0.290||0.313||0.311||0.401||0.601||0.419||166|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||82||360||24||72||52||17||13.6||23.60||0.313||0.311||0.283||0.394||0.596||0.412||157|
|16||Frank Schwindel||- - -||64||259||14||44||43||2||6.2||15.80||0.264||0.348||0.326||0.371||0.591||0.403||152|
|17||Fernando Tatis Jr.||SDP||130||546||42||99||97||25||11.4||28.00||0.328||0.324||0.282||0.364||0.611||0.403||156|
|22||Kyle Schwarber||- - -||113||471||32||76||71||1||13.6||27.00||0.288||0.306||0.266||0.374||0.554||0.392||145|
Batter v Pitcher
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
C – Jason Castro, Yasmani Grandal
1B – Jose Abreu, Albert Pujols
2B – Whit Merrifield
3B – Kyle Seager, Nolan Arenado
SS – Trea Turner, Jordy Mercer
OF – Adam Eaton, Michael Conforto, Randal Grichuk, Lorenzo Cain, Jorge Soler, Mike Trout
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Yadier Molina, Cardinals
- Wilson Ramos, Mets
- Will Smith, Dodgers
- Yasmani Grandal, Brewers
Molina has been on a tear with a 54% hard-hit%, 4 homers and .378 ISO the last 2 weeks. Catcher v former pitcher narrative for Ramos v Max. Smith has a. 278 ISO over the last 14 with 3 homers. Grandal has some success off Greinke. Has a .203 ISO off RHPs.
- Josh Bell, Pirates
- Freddie Freeman, Braves
- Anthony Rizzo, Cubs
- Albert Pujols, Angels
Bell, Freeman, and Rizzo are all batting over a .375 ISO that last 2 weeks, I cant see myself paying down here today. The Pujols play is based off BVP.
- Gavin Lux, Dodgers
- Jose Altuve, Astros
- Whit Merrifield, Royals
- Ozzie Albies, Braves
At $2K, Lux faces a week RHP. MLB’s 9thbest prospect won’t be that cheap for long. Altuve has a 10-game hit streak with 2 homers during that time frame. Great ballpark to hit in too. Whit has some BVP success off Norris. Braves have the highest IRT, so Albies will be a piece of the Braves stack.
- Anthony Rendon, Nationals
- Nolan Arenado, Rockies
- Kyle Seager, Mariners
- Sheldon Neuse, Athletics
Just like first base, third is loaded. Rendon has been torching with a .444 ISO and 5 homers the last 2 weeks. Nolan has had success off Urias, and he too is hitting well. He has a .378 ISO the last 13 games. Seager has a .302 ISO v LHP this year, he also has some BVP upside. If you need saving, Neuse will help. He finally got his first hit yesterday and even batting 9th, can provide some firepower against Barria.
- Xander Bogaerts, Red Sox
- Adalberto Mondesi, Royals
- Francisco Lindor, Indians
- Marcus Semien, Athletics
Bogaerts has .450 ISO the last 10 games to include 4 homers. Mondesi is back and has already stolen 3 bases. His very cheap for his upside on FanDuel. Lindor sits at 5 homers the last 2 weeks and Semien has 4 during that timeframe. With both leadoff, either is in play, Semien is cheaper.
- JD Martinez, Red Sox
- Mike Trout, Angels
- Cody Bellinger, Dodgers
- Ronald Acuna, Braves
- Yasiel Puig, Indians
- George Springer, Astros
- Starling Marte, Pirates
- Mark Canha, Athletics
- Nelson Cruz, Twins
- Oscar Mercado, Indians
Over the last 2 weeks, Martinez owns a .541 ISO and is one of the hottest hitters in MLB. Trout and Bellinger are looking like MVPs, but they are expensive so you can probably just get one. Acuna is leading off for a team with the highest IRT on the slate. Puig faces a rookie RHP and owns a .209 ISO v RHPs. Canha has 5 homers the last 2 weeks and has a great matchup with a reverse split pitcher. Cruz is facing a FB RHP in a ballpark that is ideal for RHH power. Mercado means CASH play in Spanish.
Cash Game Breakdown