[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Stuck in traffic? Boss looking over your shoulder? Just lazy and don’t want to read? Click here to listen!”]
Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in tonight’s MLB Cash Games!
Wednesday, September 17th
What’s going on Mafia. This article will be focusing on cash game contests for the Wednesday’s MAIN MLB slates on DraftKings and FanDuel starting at 705pm EST.
Holy shit, this had to be one of the more stacked pitching slates all season. This is also a Coors slate so it will be very interesting to see what comes of the Verlander ownership tonight. Giolito was scratched and that opens the Twins as potential plays. Anyways, here is Tuesday’s edition of the DFS MLB Cash Game Breakdown!
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
No line available on CIN/MIA
- HOU -288
- OAK -272
- BOS -181
- ATL -180
- NYM -153
- PIT -134
Highest Run Expectancy
- NYM 7.6
- BOS 8.2
- COL 6.1
- OAK 6.1
- ATL 5.8
- HOU 5.5
Lowest Run Expectancy
- TEX 3.1
- KC 3.6
- FLA 3.7
- STL 3.9
- TBR 4.1
- SEA 4.2
Today's Pitchers Grid
1) Jason Verlander, RHP, Astros ($12,800 DK / $12,000 FD) Again, how are you going to fit him? The Rangers have 23.6% K rate the last 2 weeks and Verlander has 35.6% K rate. He had 12Ks against them on 7/14.
2) Dallas Keuchel, LHP, Braves ($9,400 DK / $8,900 FD) Over the last 5 games, he is 5-0 with 5QS and 28 Ks. The last outing against Phillies, he allowed 1 ER and had 8Ks. I’d expect lower ownership based off where he’s price and that’s a mistake.
3) Yu Darvish, RHP, Cubs ($11,000 DK / $10,400 FD) I have been riding this Darvish train for some time. He was very good in his last outing against SD, with 14Ks. Reds are very familiar with him this season, but he had at no less than 6 K against them.
4) Mitch Keller, RHP, Pirates ($8,100 DK / $5,800 FD) EXTREME Value on FanDuel. He is a -134 Vegas favorite. Keller has a 28.2% K rate against a Seattle team that is striking out at 29% K the last 14 days.
5) Adam Plutko, RHP, Indians ($7,700 DK / $7,800 FD) The Tigers have a 23.5% K rate against RHP and Plutko has had some his best games this season against them. The lineup the Tigers used last night jumps to 27.8% K. I’d imagine he will be a popular SP2 at that cheap DK price.
6) Marco Gonzales, LHP, Mariners ($6,300 DK / $7,300 FD) The ballpark is a slight upgrade for Gonzales. Pirates have a 23% K% against LHPs and just a .144 ISO.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
1) Coors Field – 64.1% above average in runs, 34.5% above average in HRs, 33.6% above average in 2B, 214.0% above average in 3B.
Things To Target (Against)
1) Tim Melville, RHP, Rockies: 4.50HR/9 at home, .365 xwOBA
2) Logan Webb, RHP, Giants: 2.19HRhr/9 on road, .337 xwOBA
3) Vince Velasquez, RHP, Phillies: 2.80HR/9 on road to RHHs, .334 xwOBA
4) Ross Detwiler, LHP, White Sox: 3.63HR/9 on road, .439 wOBA to RHHs.
Here’s our Stolen Base Target Tool. I strongly recommend checking it out to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player on tonight’s slate is to steal.
The hottest hitters at each position.
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||161||698||48||123||111||4||12.3||15.80||0.290||0.313||0.311||0.401||0.601||0.419||166|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||82||360||24||72||52||17||13.6||23.60||0.313||0.311||0.283||0.394||0.596||0.412||157|
|16||Frank Schwindel||- - -||64||259||14||44||43||2||6.2||15.80||0.264||0.348||0.326||0.371||0.591||0.403||152|
|17||Fernando Tatis Jr.||SDP||130||546||42||99||97||25||11.4||28.00||0.328||0.324||0.282||0.364||0.611||0.403||156|
|22||Kyle Schwarber||- - -||113||471||32||76||71||1||13.6||27.00||0.288||0.306||0.266||0.374||0.554||0.392||145|
Batter v Pitcher
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
C – Roberto Perez, Stephen Vogt, Buster Posey
1B – Justin Smoak, Freddie Freeman, Logan Morrison, Eric Hosmer, Danny Santana
2B – Ozzie Albies, Jonathan Schoop, Derek Dietrich, Jose Altuve
3B – Brad Miller, Manny Machado, Eugenio Suarez, Elvis Andrus
SS – Francisco Lindor, Dansby Swanson, Jean Segura
OF – Kevin Pillar, Ronald Acuna, Nick Markakis, Nelson Cruz, Max Kepler, Kyler Schwarber, Michael Brantley
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Wilson Ramos, Mets
- Tyler Flowers, Braves
- Robinson Chirinos, Astros
- Yasmani Grandal, Brewers
- Mitch Garver, Twins
Ramos against a horrible pitcher in Coors. Flowers has a .211 ISO against RHP and 66% hard-hit the last 15 days. Chirinos has the “catcher v former pitcher” cheat code. Also has a 41% hard-hit% and a .200 ISO against RHPs. 50% hard-hit for Grandal and an increase of 10ft for batted balls. Garver has a .417 ISO against LHPs, should be leading off.
- Peter Alonso, Mets
- Paul Goldschmidt, Cardinals
- Jose Abreu, White Sox
- Freddie Freeman, Braves
- Josh Fuentes, Rockies
Alonso in Coors; .301 ISO against RHPs. Goldy is way cheap on DK and faces his former teammate tonight. He has a .270 ISO against LHPS. Abreu has a .235 ISO off LHPs, and Freddie has had some BVP success against VV. Has a .277 ISO off RHPs. Cheaper play in Coors, has a .375 ISO against RHPs.
- Jose Altuve, Astros
- Ozzie Albies, Braves
- Mike Moustakas, Brewers
- Ryan McMahon, Rockies
- Jeff McNeil, Mets
Altuve and Albies have had success off their opposing pitchers Lance Lynn in the past. Moose has had 3 homers in 5 games since his return from the IL. McMahon is another cheap bat that can double dong with the best of them. McNeil homered last night, still in Coors so he’s still expensive.
- Kris Bryant, Cubs
- Nolan Arenado, Rockies
- Josh Donaldson, Braves
- Kyle Seager, Mariners
- Miguel Sano, Twins
Bryant has 5 homers in his last 6 games. Nolan has a .259 ISO v RHPs. Donaldson is close to his MVP form and has a .276 ISO off RHPs. Seager is having a great 2ndhalf. He’s the one bat that Keller owners should be concerned about. Sano has a .305 ISO against LHPs and gets a bad one tonight.
- Jorge Polanco, Twins
- Trevor Story, Rockies
- Amed Rosario, Mets
- Marcus Semien, Athletics
- Paul DeJong, Cardinals
Polanco price has dropped and tonight he’s in a great spot against the weak LHPs. Story has a .289 ISO against RHPs. Rosario has dropped in the order but the matchup in Coors is great. Semien homered last night and has a .232 ISO off RHPs. DeJong has a .222 ISO v RHPs.
- Ronald Acuna Jr, Braves
- Michael Conforto, Mets
- Nelson Cruz, Twins
- Juan Soto, Nationals
- Charlie Blackmon, Rockies
- Marcell Ozuna, Cardinals
- Bryce Harper, Phillies
- Kyle Schwarber, Cubs
- Michael Brantley, Astros
- Garrett Hampson, Rockies
Acuna has .372 wOBA against RHPs. Conforto in Coors. Cruz against LHPs. Soto has .314 ISO off RHPs. Ozuna homered last night and has been one of the hottest bats the last 2 weeks and has .256 ISO against LHPs. Schwarber had another homer last night. Brantley has a .212 against RHPs. Hampson is one of the cheaper bats to get some Coors exposure.
Cash Game Breakdown