[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Stuck in traffic? Boss looking over your shoulder? Just lazy and don’t want to read? Click here to listen!”]
Everything you’ll need to stay above the payline in tonight’s MLB Cash Games!
Today’s Coaching Sessions
All sessions take place in the MLB chat room.
- Bullpen Coach (Phil Backert) – 9am ET
- Pitching Coach (DraftCheat) – 12pm ET
- Hitting Coach (Benny Ricciardi) – 11am ET
Wednesday, August 28th
What’s going on Mafia. This article will be focusing on cash game contests for the Wednesday’s MAIN MLB slates on DraftKings and FanDuel starting at 705pm EST. We have a monster 11-game slate. .
Well, let’s get at it! Here is the Wednesday’s edition of the DFS MLB Cash Game Breakdown!
Rain expected in Mets game today, rest of the game look clear.
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center.
- WAS -391
- HOU -198
- CLE -181
- LAD -173
- MIN -172
- BOS -171
Highest Run Expectancy
- BOS 7.8
- WAS 6.2
- MIN 6.1
- COL 5.9
- LAS 5.7
Lowest Run Expectancy
- BAL 3.0
- TB 3.3
- CHC 3.6
- MIA 3.7
Today's Pitchers Grid
1) Noah Syndergaard, RHP, Mets ($10,400 DK / $9,500 FD) Since the trade deadline, Thor has put the Mets on his back. He has 7 QS and only one game with less than 5K. The Cubs have a low IRT and have a 31% K rate against Thor. Only concern here is the weather, some rain is expected.
2) Aaron Clive, RHP, Indians ($7,000K DK / $8,200K FD): Here we go again, Tigers v RHPs. Last night’s Tigers’ lineup had a 27% K v RHP. Clive faced them in his debut and had 6Ks. His price, consistency and matchup make a great mid-tier option.
3) Kenta Maeda, RHP, Dodgers ($8,800K DK / $8,700K FD): Padres matchup is similar to the Tigers, especially without Tatis. He has faced this team 3 times and two games; he pitched 6 innings plus and over 7 Ks. Most recently, the Padres shelled him for 5ERs.
4) Antony DeSclafani, RHP, Reds ($7,800 DK / $7,600K FD): Miami is another team to target. DeSclafani gets the biggest upgrade in ballparks. The Marlins have a dreadful .125 ISO and a 27 K% against RHP, so DeSclafani should increase his 23.4% by nights end.
TBD) Max Scherzer, RHP, Nationals ($11,000K DK / $11,400K FD): Max faces the O’s in a matchup on paper that can produce a bunch of Ks. Problem is his pitch count. If he’s limited, he’s not a cash play at his price.
(2018 Data) (Click here for more park factors!)
1) Coors Field (Red Sox v Rockies)
2) Guaranteed Rate Park (Twins v White Sox)
3) Angel Stadium (Rangers v Angels)
Things To Target (Against)
1) Ariel Jurado, RHP, Rangers: has allowed 6 homers his last 4 starts
2) Peter Lambert, RHP, Rockies: allowed 20 ER and 5 homers the last 4 starts
3) Ross Detwiler, LHP, White Sox: allowed 9 homers the last 4 starts
4) Jordan Zimmermann, RHP, Tigers: 3 homers last 4 starts; winds 13 MPH winds blowing out to LF
Here’s our Stolen Base Target Tool. I strongly recommend checking it out to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player on tonight’s slate is to steal.
The hottest hitters at each position.
|10||Vladimir Guerrero Jr.||TOR||161||698||48||123||111||4||12.3||15.80||0.290||0.313||0.311||0.401||0.601||0.419||166|
|13||Ronald Acuna Jr.||ATL||82||360||24||72||52||17||13.6||23.60||0.313||0.311||0.283||0.394||0.596||0.412||157|
|16||Frank Schwindel||- - -||64||259||14||44||43||2||6.2||15.80||0.264||0.348||0.326||0.371||0.591||0.403||152|
|17||Fernando Tatis Jr.||SDP||130||546||42||99||97||25||11.4||28.00||0.328||0.324||0.282||0.364||0.611||0.403||156|
|22||Kyle Schwarber||- - -||113||471||32||76||71||1||13.6||27.00||0.288||0.306||0.266||0.374||0.554||0.392||145|
Batter v Pitcher
For more, visit our BvP Matchup Page!
C- Austin Hedges
1B – Chris Davis, Carlos Santana, Jose Abreu, CJ Cron
2B – Jason Kipnis, Starling Castro
3B – none
SS – Marcus Semien
OF – Jason Heyward, Curtis Granderson, Marwin Gonzalez, Tommy Pham, Khris Davis, Manuel Margot, Hunter Renfroe, Kole Calhoun
Overall Hitter Rankings
- Christian Vasquez, Red Sox
- Mitch Garver, Twins
- James McCann, White Sox
- Robinson Chirinos, Astros
Red Sox bats are in Coors against a bad pitcher. Garver and McCann have a 13MPH wind blowing out to LF. Garver is expected to leadoff with his .343 ISO, he is hard to overlook. Chirinos has 3 homers in 5 games.
- Jose Abreu, White Sox
- Peter Alonso, Mets
- Yuli Gurriel, Astros
- CJ Cron, Twins
Odorizzi is a reverse split pitcher, which plays right into Abreu’s hand. He has a 46% hard-hit% and some BVP success against Odorizzi. Alonso set the Mets season homer record and should keep adding to it. He has a .355 ISO v RHPs. Gurriel has been hitting LHP at the rate of a .270 ISO plus. Cron is a BVP play.
- Jose Altuve, Astros
- Jason Kipnis, Indians
- Ryan McMahon, Rockies
- Derek Dietrich, Reds
Altuve has a .369 ISO v LHPs. Kipnis went deep again last night and has another great matchup against an aging Zimmermann. Dietrich should check the “revenge” dong box today against a young RHP. He has a .280 ISO still v RHPs.
- Rafael Devers, Red Sox
- Nolan Arenado, Rockies
- Davis Fletcher, Angels
- Abraham Toro, Astros
On FanDuel, if you can fit Nolan and Devers; do it. Fletcher should leadoff against a horrible RHP. Toro is a great way to get a piece of the Astros and SAVE a ton.
- Xander Bogaerts, Red Sox
- Trevor Story, Rockies
- Francisco Lindor, Indians
- Jorge Polanco, Twins
If you don’t want both those Coors 3Bs, the SSs are an option. Lindor will be very low owned and he has some nice BVP off Zimmermann. Polanco will be even lower, and his matchup has the same upside as the rest SS.
- Mookie Betts, Red Sox
- Mike Trout, Angels
- Charlie Blackmon
- JD Martinez, Red Sox
- Nelson Cruz, Twins
- Juan Soto, Nationals
- Jake Marisnick, Astros
- Tyler Naquin, Indians
- Matt Joyce, Braves
- Ian Desmond, Rockies
- Jake Cave, Twins
- Randall Grichuk, Blue Jays
You can’t realistically fit Betts and Martinez without punting 1-2 spots. Trout and Cruz have solid matchups against horrible pitchers. Cave and Naquin make for nice wrap around plays if stacking, both should be batting 9th.
Cash Game Breakdown