For the time being, we will post our DFS MLB Content Schedule here at the top of the article. We will update it with links to each piece when it is LIVE so check back throughout the day:
- Cash Game Breakdown – The article you are currently reading.
- Bullpen Coach – Everything you need to know about each team’s bullpen.
- Hitting Coach – A deep dive into the top hitters (& fades) on today’s slate.
- Pitching Coach – In-depth breakdown of today’s starting pitchers.
- Cheat Sheet– A snapshot of the top plays at each position and salary level.
- GPP Writeup – Using experience, game theory, & advanced stats to uncover low-owned stars.
- MLB NOW Livestream – Daily video show breaking down tonight’s entire slate.
- MLB Summary – A quick summary of today’s livestream & coaching sessions.
Today’s Coaching Sessions
All sessions take place in the MLB chat room.
- Bullpen Coach (Phil Backert) – 9am ET
- Pitching Coach (Draftcheat) – 12pm ET
- Hitting Coach (Vlad Sedler) – 11am ET
- Fantasy Baseball Elite Podcasts (Mans/Flowers/DraftCheat/Vlad)
- MLB Chat Room
- Daily Projections & Optimizer
- Splits Hub
- Umpire Factors
Tuesday, April 2nd
We have a loaded pitching slate with many of the best pitchers in the league going. Some had a rocky start to the season so we get a discount this time out on a few time. With all the good pitching going, we have a narrowed down hitting pool to some solid options. I will provide some updates as we get lineups. It didn’t appear to be a promising on Monday but things turned out just fine with our cash lineups. Let’s keep it going!!!
For more info and updated forecast, please check out our MLB Weather Center
Philadelphia Phillies @ Washington Nationals could see some light rain that will need to be watched. The Nationals cancel more games for marginal bad weather than any team in the league.
1) Houston Astros -210
2) Washington Nationals -200
3) Toronto Blue Jays -200
4) Los Angeles Dodgers -175
5) Boston Red Sox -175
6) Tampa Bay Rays -160
Highest Run Expectancy
1) Texas Rangers – 5.25
2) Toronto Blue Jays – 5.07
3) Seattle Mariners – 4.31
4) Boston Red Sox – 4.20
5) Los Angeles Angels – 4.19
Lowest Run Expectancy
1) Philadelphia Phillies 2.84
2) San Francisco Giants 2.87
3) Colorado Rockies 3.10
4) Oakland A’s 3.30
5) Baltimore Orioles 3.43
Today's Pitchers Grid
|Tyler Anderson||- - -||152.10||4.14||0.278||4.26||4.53||4.49||34.60||22.30||43.10||68.30%||44.30%||19.60||11.50%||53.20%||5.30||78.30%||36.70%||74.60||14.90%||56.20%||28.90%||1.42||35.30%||90.80||9.60|
|Spencer Howard||- - -||42.00||6.86||0.330||4.14||4.93|
|Jon Lester||- - -||125.10||4.67||0.297||5.40||5.12|
1) Blake Snell, LHP, Rays – The match-up last time out vs. the Astros was rough one so he should bounce back at a discount. Snell has allowed just a .204 avg against at home in his career. The Rockies are not any where close to the same team on the road. The swinging strikes where still there in his last outing so nothing with his stuff appears to be off which is why I expect him to bounce back.
2) Hyun-Jin Ryu, LHP , Dodgers – The Giants haven’t been able to touch LHP at all this season. The Dodgers bullpen has been the problem so maybe Ryu gets a longer leash this time out. Ryu has controlled the Giants in his career and they lack the LHH hitters that can give him some problems. I prefer him on Draftkings as a SP2 as the FanDuel price isn’t as attractive as compared to others.
3) Marcus Stroman, RHP, Blue Jays – The rag tag lineup the Orioles have been throwing out there has managed to score some runs but been doing that damage vs. LHP not RHP. Stroman had a great 1st outing and I would expect him to build on that this time out. I am not sure if he is living up to his past flashes yet or not but he will be able to take advantage of another great match-up. The FanDuel price is one I am interested if you want to pay up for bats tonight.
4) Max Scherzer, RHP, Nationals – The return of Bryce Harper should have Scherzer full of adrenaline. The Phillies lineup leans heavily RHH which only helps Scherzer. The only obstacle is the price tag. There are a ton of pitching options tonight which is the only reason he finds himself lower on this list. I don’t really have anything negative to say about Scherzer. You should get around double digit strikeouts but can you find bats you like at this current price to support him?
5) Justin Verlander, RHP, Astros – The Rangers are a strikeout prone team but does process some power. Verlander has shut down the current Rangers hitters to a .188 avg against and a 34% K rate. Just like Scherzer, the biggest issue is the price tag as he sits above 11k on both sites.
6) Eric Lauer, LHP, Padres – He is a different pitcher than his career numbers have shown. Jeff was big on him before his last outing and he delivered with great results. The Diamondbacks have managed to put up respectable numbers so far this season but are still one of the weaker lineups out there. I still lean Stroman over Lauer on FanDuel but he is the cheapest usable option on Draftkings.
(click the link for more information) (2018 Data)
1) SunTrust Park –11.2% above average in runs & 5.6% above average in HR’s to RHH.
Things To Target (Against)
1) Andrew Cashner, RHP, Orioles – 5.19 xFIP (worst on the slate), .370 wOBA vs. RHH
2) Jason Vargas, LHP, Mets – .359 wOBA vs. RHH
3) Zach Eflin, RHP, Phillies – .355 wOBA vs. LHH
4) Mike Fiers, RHP, A’s – 4.51 xFIP (2nd worst on the slate)
We have a brand new stolen base target tool on the site. I strongly recommend looking it over in order to find a value play or to properly assess how likely a player is to steal tonight.
(Hottest Hitters at Each Position)
Batter v Pitcher
For More BvP info check out our BvP Matchup Page
3B – David Freese – Dodgers
SS – Marcus Semien – A’s
Overall Hitter Rankings
There is not much to like at the catcher position. Chirinos will take on his former team in a game where the Astros should be able to score some runs. The rest of the group comes a bit cheaper if you are paying up for pitchers.
Gurriel has great numbers in Texas while Smoak gets Cashner in Toronto. E-5 is not known to be great early in the season but as looked good so far this seaosn. Pujols is a nice value option coming off a couple of hits on Monday night.
Cano is overpriced on FD but has a good match-up vs. Urena who struggles vs. LHH to use on DK. Kike owns Bumgarner and that was before he improved as a hitter. Castro has a solid match-up vs. Vargas and would be even better if the ballpark was hitter friendly. Altuve will be popular but quite honestly didn’t look very good last night and comes at a higher price.
The only Astros to consistently be on base last night and gets another great match-up tonight. Prado has always hit LHP well and Devers is always to be in play hitting in between Betts and Martinez. McNeil off to a solid start and Cozart likely to hit lead-off ahead of Trout if past lineups hold true.
Turner is a little too priced up on FD but can rack up massive numbers quickly so a better option on DK. Correa is far too cheap on FD. Polanco will look to take advantage vs. a guy who has struggled vs. LHH. Simmons hits in the middle of the line-up. Diaz would be a great punt option on FD if in the lineup.
1) Mike Trout – Angels
2) George Springer – Astros
3) Domingo Santana – Mariners
4) Adam Eaton – Nationals
5) Michael Conforto – Mets
6) J.D. Martinez – Red Sox
7) Brandon Nimmo – Mets
8) Michael Brantley – Astros
9) Randal Grichuk – Blue Jays
10) Jay Bruce – Mariners
11) Juan Soto -Nationals
12) Peter O’Brien – Marlins
13) Bryce Harper – Phillies
14) Josh Reddick – Astros
Trout is a superstar no matter where he is playing but no visiting player has hit more HR’s at Safeco. Springer hits his homers in bunches so will be popular in a good match-up. Santana is one of the hottest hitters to start the season and his teammate Bruce has homered in 3 straight. The LHH Mets OF should be able to find success to vs. Urena. O’Brien has massive power vs. LHP. Scherzer is HR prone vs. LHH and we know Harper would love some revenge vs. this former team but DK is the only playable spot in cash.