Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s four-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the four-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features two best-of-five matches:
Hanwha Life Esports (-575) vs. Fredit BRION (+355)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Hanwha 14.1 – BRION 11.2
DAMWON Gaming (-210) vs. Gen.G Esports (+150)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): DAMWON 13.3 – Gen.G 11.5
eStar (+385) vs. Funplus Phoenix (-650)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): eStar 10.3 – Phoenix 14.8
Invictus Gaming (-750) vs. Rogue Warriors (+400)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Invictus 19.1 – Rogue 9.0
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Rookie (IG – MID), Wink (IG – ADC), Chovy (HLE – MID)
- TOP: TheShy (IG), Hoya (BRO), Rascal (GEN)
- JNG: XUN (IG), UmTi (BRO), Arthur (HLE)
- MID: Rookie (IG), Chovy (HLE), Doinb (FPX)
- ADC: Wink (IG), Lwx (FPX), Hana (BRO)
- SUP: Baolan (IG), Delight (BRO), Vsta (HLE)
- TEAM: Invictus Gaming, eStar, Hanwha Life Esports
The chalk will be Invictus Gaming and Funplus Phoenix.
Projected ownership pushes Hanwha Life into my top stack for GPP lineups. They rank just third on the slate in projected kills per game per my model, but should have the fourth-highest ownership. That’s about as good as the leverage will get for us tonight.
I’m not projecting any upsets tonight, but Invictus looks to be hard to fade, with 19.1 projected kills per game pacing the slate by a mile. If you’re going to play the chalk, a four game slate is probably the best time to do it, as you can piece together a 4-2-1 or 3-3-1 and hope to be unique.
I think if you are going to go that route, you might need to take a chance on a two-man Gen.G stack, and maybe play a one-off in the team spot…Hanwha probably fits best there.
Personally, and I know you hate hearing this, I’ll be taking it easy again tonight, and saving up for a slate where we can play with more leverage.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford