Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for tonight’s slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features best-of-three matches:
Rogue Warriors (+550) vs. LNG Esports (-1000)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Warriors 7.9 – LNG 15.8
LGD Gaming (+500) vs. Invictus Gaming (-900)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): LGD 10.2 – Invictus 15.5
Fredit BRION (+305) vs. Hanwha Life Esports (-475)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): BRION 9.7 – Hanwha 14.3
KT Rolster (+145) vs. Nongshim RedForce (-185)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Rolster 12.6 – Nongshim 12.2
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: icon (LNG – MID), Light (LNG – ADC), Wink (IG – ADC)
- TOP: M1kuya (LNG), Doran (KT), Morgan (HLE)
- JNG: Tarzan (LNG), XUN (IG), Peanut (NS)
- MID: icon (LNG), Rookie (IG), Chovy (HLE)
- ADC: Light (LNG), Wink (IG), deokdam (NS)
- SUP: Iwandy (LNG), Vsta (HLE), Chance (LGD)
- TEAM: KT Rolster, Fredit BRION, Rogue Warriors
The chalk should be LNG Esports and Invictus Gaming.
The two big LPL favorites will get most of the ownership tonight. Hanwha Life Esports is right up there for me as far as projected kills go. 14.3 per game ranks third, behind LNG and IG, but neither of those teams cracks 16.0, so this is pretty close. With much lower ownership probable, Hanwha will be my top target tonight. Winners of five of their last six series, the lineup is pretty stable for HLE, so we shouldn’t have to worry about mid-game swaps or surprise starters named at 3 AM.
We won’t be able to fit any of the big LPL favorites with Hanwha, and we probably don’t want to bet against either of them. That leaves us with the matchup most everyone will be picking from: KT Rolster vs. Nongshim RedForce.
This one should be close. Ownership projections have about 20% ownership on the Nongshim side. This would make sense as they are slight favorites in the sportsbooks. I actually have a slight lean on KT Rolster, though. Rolster projects for just about 5% ownership, making them a strong leverage play here.
In fact, I think you can play this a number of ways. With KT’s ownership being so low (potentially, at least), I think you can probably stack them with the chalk and not have to worry about too many duplicate lineups. If you want to play multiple lineups tonight, there are plenty of ways you can go. Here’s a quick list of rankings for me, giving you my favorite pairings for GPP lineups tonight:
- Hanwha Life Esports/KT Rolster
- Hanwha Life Esports/Nongshim RedForce
- LNG Esports/KT Rolster
- Invictus Gaming/KT Rolster
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford