Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s four-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the four-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features two best-of-five matches:
Hanwha Life Esports (-300) vs. Afreeca Freecs (+210)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Hanwha 14.6 – Freecs 12.6
Fredit BRION (+250) vs. KT Rolster (-360)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): BRION 9.2 – Rolster 13.6
Invictus Gaming (-1200) vs. OMG (+550)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Invictus 18.5 – OMG 10.3
Funplus Phoenix (-500) vs. LNG Esports (+310)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Phoenix 12.5 – LNG 10.0
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Rookie (IG – MID), Wink (IG – ADC), Chovy (HLE – MID)
- TOP: TheShy (IG), Kiin (AF), Doran (KT)
- JNG: XUN (IG), Blank (KT), Dread (AF)
- MID: Rookie (IG), Chovy (HLE), Ucal (KT)
- ADC: Wink (IG), Deft (HLE), Bang (AF)
- SUP: Lucas (IG), Lehends (AF), Zzus (KT)
- TEAM: Afreeca Freecs, KT Rolster, LNG Esports
The chalk will be Invictus Gaming and Funplus Phoenix.
Another night with two big LPL favorites. This generally shifts me towards the LCK side, but I’m still shook after waking up to see that T1 benched half of their team for whatever reason. What should’ve been an easy 2-0 win over Nongshim turned into a 2-1 series.
ANYWAYS. If you’re going to be awake at 2:30 am to check rosters, I do think Hanwha Life Esports would be a great team to target on this slate. I’m not the only one that got fleeced by T1 last night, so there will be a good chunk of people playing the already-confirmed LPL lineups tonight. For what it’s worth, Hanwha’s TOP laner is the only position that has had multiple players start this split. JNG (Arthur), MID (Chovy), ADC (Deft), and SUP (Vsta) have started all 18 games for HLE this Spring; they should be safe to include in your builds.
KT Rolster, on the other hand, seems to like mixing things up. Their current starting five has played in the team’s last eight games, but they were also swept on Sunday by Nongshim RedForce, so I wouldn’t be surprised by a shake up.
I’m not sure I want to fade Invictus Gaming tonight. I do think after last night’s fiasco that LCK ownership is going to be way down. I think the builds will be slightly chalky, but we should be able to squeak out a profit if IG And HLE both win. That’s where I’m heading tonight…
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford