Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s four-game, best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the four-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features four best-of-five matches:
Nongshim RedForce (+200) vs. T1 (-275)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Nongshim 9.6 – T1 14.4
DAMWON Gaming (-1400) vs. Liiv SANDBOX (+700)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): DAMWON 16.4 – SANDBOX 10.5
OMG (+190) vs. Victory Five (-260)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): OMG 10.8 – V5 15.2
Rogue Warriors (+650) vs. Royal Never Give Up (-1200)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Rogue 7.7 – RNG 21.8
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Gala (RNG – ADC), Cryin (RNG – MID), Trigger (V5 – ADC)
- TOP: Xiaohu (RNG), Zeus (T1), Khan (DWG)
- JNG: WEI (RNG), Weiwei (V5), Canyon (DWG)
- MID: Cryin (RNG), Mole (V5), ShowMaker (DWG)
- ADC: Gala (RNG), Trigger (V5), Teddy (T1)
- SUP: Ming (RNG), Ppgod (V5), BeryL (DWG)
- TEAM: DAMWON Gaming, Victory Five, T1
The chalk should be Royal Never Give Up and DAMWON Gaming.
Every once in awhile, a team comes along that I just cannot fade no matter how highly owned they are. Royal Never Give up tonight is one of those teams. It should be a bloodbath for Rogue Warriors tonight. Only two teams average more kills per game than RNG, and no team comes anywhere close to the 19.1 average number of deaths per game that Rogue Warriors concedes. Take your pick of these positions for RNG, they all grade out as the top point-per-dollar play in their respective lanes. I think a 4-man RNG stack is the best way to build, with 4 position players…do not waste a spot with RNG’s TEAM.
Who do we play with them, though? That is the question. I don’t have any of these underdogs projected to keep things close. If we 4-3 stack two of the favorites, we’ll be duped by about 500 lineups in the big GPP’s.
I think the right move is to build a 4-2-1 or even 4-1-1-1 lineup in an effort to stay fairly contrarian while still playing the chalk. If you want only favorites in your lineup, you’re going to need to consider using Xiaohu as your CAPT. I don’t love placing a TOP on top of my lineup, but pricing tonight makes it somewhat of a necessity.
The best thing to do is to head into the optimizer, use a minimum of 4 players from RNG, lock in Xiaohu as your CAPT, and run some lineups to see what else will fit with that build. Personally, I am prioritizing getting RNG’s TOP/JNG/MID/ADC into my 4-man stack. I will fill in a secondary TOP, with a SUP and TEAM from a couple of the other, lower-owned favorites.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford