Your complete guide to tomorrow’s 6-game Worlds DFS slate on DraftKings.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year for League fans…WORLDS BABY! We’ve got another DFS slate tomorrow morning. This write-up will cover the 6-game featured slate that locks at 4:00 am.
This slate is unique in that only four teams are playing tonight, in a round-robin format, for a total of six games (three per team). Players will accrue points for all three games.
I’ve set up a Twitter account that I’ll be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for the 6-match slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some settings I like to use when MME’ing on these larger best-of-one slates:
- 2-3 unique players per lineup
- 4-2-1 or 3-3-1 builds are usually best for more than 2-3 game slates.
- Offensive players vs. TEAM pos – 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 2 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack
- No TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features six best-of-one matches:
Team Liquid (+230) vs. G2 Esports (-335)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Liquid 17.2 – G2 15.9
- Final kills from first meeting: Liquid 24 – G2 11
Machi E-Sports (+305) vs. Suning (-500)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Machi 8.5 – Suning 16.7
- Final kills from first meeting: Machi 9 – Suning 14
G2 Esports (-550) vs. Machi E-Sports (+335)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): G2 18.9 – Machi 18.1
- Final kills from first meeting: G2 24 – Machi 15
Suning (-335) vs. Team Liquid (+230)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Suning 13.7 – Liquid 7.7
- Final kills from first meeting: Suning 12 – Liquid 2
Team Liquid (-185) vs. Machi E-Sports (+135)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Liquid 11.3 – Machi 9.1
- Final kills from first meeting: Liquid 4 – Machi 9
Suning (-115) vs. G2 Esports (-120)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Suning 22.7 – G2 15.3
- Final kills from first meeting: Suning 21 – G2 19
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Angel (SUN – MID), huanfeng (SUN – ADC), Jensen (TL – MID)
- TOP: bin (SUN), Impact (TL), PK (MCX)
- JNG: SofM (SUN), Broxah (TL), Gemini (MCX)
- MID: Angel (SUN), Jensen (TL), Caps (G2)
- ADC: huanfeng (SUN), Tactical (TL), Bruce (MCX)
- SUP: CoreJJ (TL), SwordArt (SUN), Koala (MCX)
- TEAM: Suning, Machi E-Sports, Team Liquid
The chalk should be Suning and G2 Esports. I’d expect Team Liquid to get some ownership, too.
Well, shit. My top three teams match up with the projected ownership. I think Machi E-Sports is probably the best leverage here. Four of their five positional players (as well as the TEAM) grade out as a top-three point-per-dollar play on the slate. Problem is, yeah, there’s only four teams on the slate.
G2 will probably be the second-highest owned team, and they grade out last for me, so that’s my fade.
I’ll probably stack up Suning with Machi and Liquid with Machi, and I suppose a chalk build of Suning and Liquid, and call it a day.
I do think projections tonight matter more than on most nights, as my model has projected out all six matchups, and totaled up the scores per player, so there are some players that will stand out in the optimizer.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford