Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for tonight’s slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features best-of-three matches:
LGD Gaming (+1000) vs. Royal Never Give Up (-2500)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): LGD 8.2 – Royal Never Give Up 18.0
Rare Atom (+175) vs. Edward Gaming (-230)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Atom 9.8 – EDG 13.9
Hanwha Life Esports (+125) vs. T1 (-165)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Hanwha 13.7 – T1 13.1
Liiv SANDBOX (+105) vs. DRX (-135)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): SANDBOX 12.8 – DRX 12.4
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Gala (RNG – ADC), Cryin (RNG – MID), Kramer (LGD – ADC)
- TOP: Xiaohu (RNG), Morgan (HLE), Flandre (EDG)
- JNG: WEI (RNG), Pyosik (DRX), JieJie (EDG)
- MID: Cryin (RNG), Scout (EDG), FATE (LSB)
- ADC: Gala (RNG), Kramer (LGD), Teddy (T1)
- SUP: Ming (RNG), Becca (DRX), Vsta (HLE)
- TEAM: Royal Never Give Up, Rare Atom, Edward Gaming
The chalk should be Royal Never Give Up and Edward Gaming.
I love nights like this. Yes, Royal Never Give Up will have a lot of ownership, but as expensive as they are, I don’t think they’ll be nearly as owned as they should be.
The issue on nights like this is usually finding a team to pair with the big favorite. That’s not an issue tonight. Both of the matchups in the LCK look to be close. However, I’ve got both of the underdogs with the slight edge.
Hanwha Life Esports is just a little bit cheaper than Liiv SANDBOX, allowing you to build a better and more sensible 4-3 lineup with Royal Never Give Up. Another great thing about playing Hanwha is their lineup is very stable, so we don’t need to worry about any pre or mid-match lineup changes with them. They’ve won five of their last six series, so current form is not an issue either.
Liiv SANDBOX also has a stable lineup of late. They’ve won three of their last four series after a rough first half of the season, so their form looks to be in top gear heading into this meeting with DRX.
I can’t fade RNG tonight, so that’s where I’m at. Probably two lineups, one with Royal Never Give Up and Hanwha Life, one with Royal Never Give Up and Liiv SANDBOX.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford