Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for tonight’s slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features best-of-three matches:
DRX (+290) vs. DAMWON Gaming (-450)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): DRX 10.6 – DWG 15.1
T1 (-600) vs. Afreeca Freecs (+375)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): T1 14.9 – Freecs 10.5
JD Gaming (-1400) vs. LGD Gaming (+700)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): JDG 16.2 – LGD 10.1
LNG Esports (+375) vs. Suning (-600)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): LNG 9.6 – Suning 12.7
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Teddy (T1 – ADC), Loken (JDG – ADC), Yagao (JDG – MID)
- TOP: Zoom (JDG), Khan (DWG), Canna (T1)
- JNG: Kanavi (JDG), Cuzz (T1), Canyon (DWG)
- MID: Yagao (JDG), ShowMaker (DWG), Faker (T1)
- ADC: Teddy (T1), Loken (JDG), huanfeng (SN)
- SUP: BeryL (DWG), Keria (T1), LvMao (JDG)
- TEAM: Suning, LGD Gaming, DAMWON Gaming
The chalk should be Suning and DAMWON Gaming.
Suning is a huge favorite that is cheap, which of course means they’ll be popular. Looking at projected kills though, they certainly don’t seem like a team I’m interested in stacking tonight.
JD Gaming would be my top target tonight. They leads all teams on the slate in projected kills, and also have the highest odds to win tonight. Zoom, Kanavi, and Yagao all grade out as the top point-per-dollar value at their respective positions, so despite the big salaries, there is still a lot of value to be had here.
We aren’t going to be stacking this team optimally with any of the favorites. That’s a big obstacle to overcome on a slate like this, where the smallest favorite has -450 odds.
Listen, we’ve seen some wild upsets here recently. Last night, Victory Five inexplicably swept Funplus Phoenix right off the maps. Anything can happen here, so I’m going to take a swing with LNG Esports. Not only does LNG have the smallest margin of projected kills to overcome, but they will provide us with massive leverage over the chalky Suning Gaming. For those that are of the superstitious nature, LNG’s last seven series have gone like this: loss, win, loss, win, loss, win, loss…time to keep this pattern going with another W tonight!
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford