Your complete guide to tomorrow morning’s best-of-threes LoL slate on DraftKings.
If you’re new to our eSports team, we have a Twitter account that will be posting lineups, news, or anything else that I think is relevant for LoL DFS. You can follow that account @esports_ef and you’ll find me on Twitter @RyanClifford
My projections for tonight’s slate are already loaded into the EliteFantasy.com LoL optimizer and lineup builder. Let’s get to work!
Some opto settings I like to use when MME’ing on these 4 or 5-match slates:
- Unique players per lineup 2-3 players
- Minimum salary of $49,000 for any NON 4-3 builds (4-3’s can be less)
- Offensive players vs. Team: 0 players
- Randomness around 10-15%
- Players from Game MAX – 4
- Limit Opposing Players – 0
- Stack CAPT with at least 1 TOP/JNG/MID/ADC/SUP from same team
- Have at least one 3-player stack (4-3, 4-2-1, or 3-3-1 are all viable builds)
- No TOP, SUP, or TEAM CAPT (ADC or MID are best-suited for CAPT)
This slate features best-of-three matches:
OMG (+250) vs. LNG Esports (-350)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): OMG 7.8 – LNG 14.4
Suning (-135) vs. Team WE (+105)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): Suning 11.6 – WE 12.2
Royal Never Give Up (-285) vs. JD Gaming (+210)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): RNG 16.7 – JDG 12.1
Liiv SANDBOX (+230) vs. Hanwha Life Esports (-325)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): SANDBOX 11.6 – Hanwha 15.8
DAMWON Gaming (-1000) vs. Nongshim RedForce (+550)
- Projected kills per game (per my model): DWG 16.6 – Nongshim 10.7
With that in mind, here are my player rankings by position – these are value rankings based on point per dollar:
- CAPT: Gala (RNG – ADC), Cryin (RNG – MID), ShowMaker (DWG – MID)
- TOP: Xiaohu (RNG), Morgan (HLE), Breathe (WE)
- JNG: WEI (RNG), Tarzan (LNG), Kanavi (JDG)
- MID: Cryin (RNG), ShowMaker (DWG), icon (LNG)
- ADC: Gala (RNG), Deft (HLE), Light (LNG)
- SUP: Ming (RNG), BeryL (DWG), Vsta (HLE)
- TEAM: Liiv SANDBOX, DAMWON Gaming, OMG
The chalk should be DAMWON Gaming. I’d expect LNG Esports to have a good bit of ownership too.
Royal Never Give Up tops my projections for kills per game, with a cushy margin between them and their opponent, JD Gaming. Priced as the fourth-best favorite on the slate, ownership should be down here for tonight’s slate. Despite some of the top salaries on the slate, each and every player on RNG’s roster grades out as the top point-per-dollar play at their position. Tonight is an all-in kind of night for me.
Who are we playing them with? That’s the question of the night. We can’t make an optimal 4-3 lineup fit with DWG, HLE, or LNG. Team WE is my favorite stacking partner. While they are priced as a slight underdog, I’ve actually got them with a marginal edge on Suning. That being said, I’d expect this to be a close series, so I would probably recommend multi-entering and taking both sides of this one.
I’m not seeing any upsets taking place in either of the other matchups tonight, so if we’re going after RNG, it’s either one of those teams, or you can try to get creative with a 4-2-1 or 3-3-1 with a piece or two from one of the bigger favorites.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanClifford